**April Bunnies 2015**

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a good Saturday. We have another busy day ahead.

I lucked out and bought three Christmas presents today for DD. Seems early but with a baby to prep for and mat leave to save for, I'm getting all the deals I can. I went searching for baby items but I really just have no desire to buy anything.

I'm starting to feel like I'm not connecting with this pregnancy! Maybe this is just what happens when it's your second one? Who knows.

Fab pic Eidson :)

Northern my second pregnancy I couldn't wait to buy stuff it's this time I find I don't have a desire to buy anything but maybe cos I just done it last year :haha: I am sure this will pass and once you have scan maybe you will feel more connected to baby xx

I getting really fat again :( lol baby fat but noticing my clothes getting tight now.

Sarah yeah it felt good but I haven't done yoga for years... And I was never really into it back then do it was really my first time. After doing the resistance band too, that felt good. :)
And I agree with you on the announcements! I'm not a very "show my emotions" kinda gal and everything I've seen is so cheesy I can't do it. I've been thinking either just post a pic of the ultrasound or maybe a short video of the heartbeat.

Rebecca that's funny about the test. My friend used it 3 times with her girls and she got it right every time.

Eidson as everyone else is saying - your son is so cute! And I love the tree too :)

I think when we announce I am just going to post a photo of the scan with the caption 'Outnumbered by April 2015'

That's a cute idea Amelie!

I found some Carter's sleepers in an off white that are really cute. So I bought those.

My DH thinks I am a bit mad but we got married in April and our 'proper' anniversary is in April. With our DD2 our other name choice was 'April'.

I said I think we should really consider it as a name for a girl given the month baby is due...

Maybe just as a middle name, I think it is sweet :flower:

I love the name April! OH wouldn't use it because he knows someone with a daughter Aprille.

DD2 has his nan's name as a middle name. I think I should choose this one...

...I do keep forgetting it may be a boy though!

I like the name April :)
So we're in a pickle... my DH suggested that we use his dad's middle name as a middle name if it's a boy. Thing is, I really don't like it. It's Lee. And I'm thinking, I don't want to offend DH... but at the same time, I don't wanna name a kid something just because it's paying homage to someone in the family. I'd really rather just name the baby something totally unrelated to both our families. Am I unreasonable? Should I just suck it up and agree even though I don't like the name? (Apologies in advance if that's your name of choice or you have children that are named that!)
I do like the name Leigh for a girl though haha.

Maggz- My husband's name is Lee (it's his middle name but he goes by it because his dad goes by Gordon and is the first), and our son is the third. I call him Gordon-Lee for the most part. But I wasn't excited about naming him my husband's name. It had been a lifelong dream for him, though. He always wanted to give his son his name.
I am more like you. I think a child needs his/her very own name.
This time, we are sticking with other names we just like. Although, that was part of the agreement for one child to have his name as long as the other child gets a name we like whether it's family or not.
I would probably just leave it alone until you have to discuss it. You could be having a girl and then that wouldn't even matter. But I'd probably compromise so we both have a say in the child's name and if it's the middle name, people hardly ever say it. It's hard for me to say because it's your child. If you really hate the name, you might want to just make a list together and see what names you both like.

You're very right, that's why I haven't brought it up since he mentioned it I just wondered what you guys thought.
It's not that I hate the name, it's just not something I would want as a name for my child. Also, my DH's dad isn't the best role model and I'm kind of wary of naming a baby after someone that I don't look up to. I just feel like so much is in a name, you know...

Hi ladies, just popping in real quick before I head to bed! Had a long day and didn't get to eat lunch until 5pm but at least I had a snack at 11am.

So today at 11 weeks my nausea and dizziness came back like they never left, baby must be growing lol.

Beanonorder I'm so glad you found the hb right away!! Congrats!!

Eidson, love that picture! He's so cute!

Maggz way to go on the exercise! I have got to get back into it!

Tara so sorry about the mold, but you looked on the bright side, good for you!

I like the name April :)
So we're in a pickle... my DH suggested that we use his dad's middle name as a middle name if it's a boy. Thing is, I really don't like it. It's Lee. And I'm thinking, I don't want to offend DH... but at the same time, I don't wanna name a kid something just because it's paying homage to someone in the family. I'd really rather just name the baby something totally unrelated to both our families. Am I unreasonable? Should I just suck it up and agree even though I don't like the name? (Apologies in advance if that's your name of choice or you have children that are named that!)
I do like the name Leigh for a girl though haha.

My son's name is Joseph. I HATE the name but it was always my husbands dream if he had a little boy to name him after his grandfather who has been hugely influential in his life. I tried to argue it down to a middle name. I really, really hated it. But for my husband, I went with the name under the stipulations I got to pick both middle names(we do 2) and our son would go by Joey, never Joseph or Joe. He agreed. Now I can't picture me son as anyone other than Joey, I think it is sweet and cute and suits him so much. It also means the world to my husband that we named our son after someone so important to him. But no, I don't think you are being petty. Perhaps you could do 2 middle names, that way you can hide Lee a little in the name. Lee also makes a good bridge between 2 names, or at the end of a name (First name, Lee, third name- or First name, second name, Lee)

the thread moved so much since I was last able to check in!!

is it just me or when you've reached the 4th day of your pregnancy week it just feels like you're almost at the next week! I feel like I'm counting the days down to my next u/s. I have 2 nt scans scheduled at 2 different places...but I'll have to choose one of them, of course, just not sure how...

Maggz you definitely are not being petty. I am trying to convince dh to agree to my dad's name as a second name. My argument is that the child is already getting his family name so his father is being honoured in way and I want to honour my dad. He has done so much for us, while Dh's family has done nothing and my dad is never going to get a grandson to carry on his family name.

PS, Lee is my second name! I've never hated it but in no way am offended! :)

Maggz your hubby might be easy after seeing you go through all the hard work giving birth and agree with your choice of baby's name :)

Thanks girls! I love how we can post here to make sure we're not crazy :haha:
Like I said I definitely don't hate the name Lee, I know some great people by the name! For a girl I would like the spelling Leigh instead - but I guess my biggest issue is that I don't feel like my fil really deserves the honor. But yeah it is a good middle name and works with almost everything. We'll see maybe once we really start looking at names he won't even mention it again... Lol wishful thinking.
Haha sharn maybe!
I like your compromise about Joseph, and Joey is so cute for a little boy :)

Hey ladies, may i dump my anxieties on you? I know i'm being stupid, but i haven't felt pregnant for a week now. I know that's completely normal at this stage of pregnancy, but it's not normal for me at 13 weeks. It doesn't help that i haven't had an ultrasound yet. Aside from a couple of positive tests a few weeks ago there's been no real confirmation that I'm actually pregnant.
I talked to OH about getting our nuchal test this week but we just can't afford it for a couple of weeks (tax time atm). So that means no NT altogether, and no confirmation for at least a couple of weeks that i am actually pregnant, and with a healthy baby.
Sorry to offload... It's doing my head in though :-\

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->