**April Bunnies 2015**

Tara...I'm sure they will listen to the heartbeat! I can't imagine them not doing that. I think your hubby thought of a pretty good backup plan though! ;)

Beankeeper, definitely finding out the sex! While I love the idea of finding out at birth, I could never hold out not knowing! I'm dying to know now!!!

Oh also meant to ask...you ladies who have had the NT scan...was it a belly ultrasound or transvaginal? I've only had transvaginal so far. It would be nice to enjoy seeing baby without having to be "fingered" by a machine the whole time. But I'll take the baby viewing time however I can get it! LOL

Sarah- When I had my NT scan with my son, it was abdominal. Yes, I agree, it's nice to see baby without feeling a little awkward in other places.

Tara- I also agree that it would seem unlikely that they wouldn't listen to the heartbeat. You should at least have that much.

Beankeeper- I am definitely finding out the gender as long as baby is positioned right. But I'll be doing 2 different ones a few weeks apart at that time. So, I should know between the two scans what I'm having. I'm actually trying to come up with a cute reveal idea right now. So far I am thinking of having my son open up a box and pull out an outfit that would say what gender the baby is.

We just had out NT scan and it was abdominal. It was also longer than the normal ultrasounds, especially if baby isn't being very cooperative! My wife had to get up after about 8-10 minutes and do jumping jacks because the baby kept moving an she couldn't get a good measurement :rofl:

We are definitely finding out the sex. On October 18th we have a private scan at 15w+3d. This place is great because if they can't tell or if baby isn't cooperative and they can't get good shots, then they will see you again within two weeks and do it again free of charge. Totally worth the money. My wife is a serious planner and I'm just downright impatient-so I don't imagine we'll ever be team yellow :haha:

I bet you US/Canada ladies find it shocking in the UK they don't routinely even listen to HB at 16 weeks now!

NT in my experience has always been abdominal scan :flower:

I guess they are checking for fetal heart beats often because we don't get scans until 18 weeks around here :) guess we need some sign all is well. I turned down maternal serum testing today.

This pregnancy my last appointment, at 11w5d the student doctor was not able to find the heartbeat(Even though I had been listening to it on a home doppler all that week) and did a quick ultrasound because they wanted to double check all was well. They will likely do it at my next appointment on Oct 10 though so at almost 15 weeks.

Last pregnancy, with my son, at 11.5 weeks they didn't even bother to try for the heartbeat as they said my uterus was still behind my pelvic bone. I finally got to hear it at 15.5 weeks, and it was a HUGE hassle for her to find it, she had a really hard time. I'd had multiple ultrasounds to reassure me baby was doing ok at that point though, but I was still sad they wouldn't bother at almost 12 weeks!

Ooh Sarah, good question about the NT scan! Hooray for it being abdominal! There is already so much indignity involved in having a child. :p

I could never be team yellow. If I could find out at conception I would! :haha: I might do the private scan @ 15 weeks too, just to find out sooner! Place by us also guarantees the gender by that point and will bring you back if baby is uncooperative.

Well, the first thing I did at the doctor was ask them to listen for the hb, and the nurse laughed and said she was just about to ask. :) Unfortunately after what felt like 10 minutes of searching she couldn't find it! So of course I freaked out a little. Then the doctor brought in the hand-held ultrasound and found the baby, but on the tiny screen it didn't look like it was moving and I couldn't see the heart. So I was really starting to panic! But then all the sudden baby started kicking its little feet and wiggling around! Then she found the hb and everything was totally fine.

PHEW!! :happydance:

Oh god that must have been nerve wracking!

The OBGYN checked today and she just put the Doppler there and didn't have to move it around at all. She just got it that first second.

Hahahahah Sarah I cracked up at your transvaginal comment :rofl:

Tara baby must like teasing you!! What a jokster ;)

Ohmygosh I'm getting so excited for next week with all this ultrasound talk! It'll be so fun to get to see the little one move!
I'm still skeptic as to if we're gonna find out the gender... but I guess we will, I kinda have to let DH get that one thing he asks for right ;)

Welcome to the new ladies!

Lovely scan pictures. I just realised I forgot to phone the doctors office yesterday and make an appointment! Holiday starts today so I may just have to show up on the 8th!

We're team yellow. My mom kind of instilled it in me from a young age not to find out. Not as in brainwashing but just how wonderful it is. And I completely agree. I also had a friend who was told she was having a girl. She had a c section and was really groggy, but all she can remember the doctor saying is 'this isn't a girl'.

Beanonorder that is one of my fears finding out! I was so skeptical w/ DD even though scan pics were super clear and she was very cooperative, waving her girl bits right at the screen. :haha: Every time I had an u/s I would ask, Do YOU think it's a girl? Then after she was born I was asking the Dr. if he was sure. :haha:

Hey ladies just found this thread. Hi! I'm due April 29. I'd usually do read through an entire thread before posting, but I'm sorry I'm not reading 300+ pages lol

Welcome mod! I don't blame you for not reading everything!

I'm hoping we're going to take our announcement photo today. I'm just waiting for dh to get up. I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I'm ready for everyone to know now!

We'll find out the sex, I could cope with waiting I think but DH wants too. I must admit when I am having to starve myself on my diabetes diet it does help to imagine the baby as a 'real' person and to picture them a bit.

A week today until my scan :flower:

With DD1 they checked for HB at 16 weeks as routine but they changed that by the time I had DD2 and too often MWs couldn't find it and scared women. At my 16 week appt with DD2 the mw really struggled even though I had been finding the HB since 10 weeks!

I have two babies screaming in their beds... Do i really want another one??

This was my Facebook reveal pic last night x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 20
Emily is so excited!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 10
Kristy so cute! Love the outfit!

14 weeks today! I remember coming on here at 6 weeks puking my life up and a girl that was 14 weeks replied to one of my posts. I was so jealous that she was 14 weeks because it seemed so far away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->