**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm really sorry for those who are feeling so sick! I actually feel guilty that for two pregnancies I've gotten off so lightly! I truly hope it passes quickly and that you are able to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.

I'm hoping to get the results of my blood test tomorrow. I'm nervous and excited. Once we have them then we're going to tell the world. I can't wait!

Beanonorder: Happy to hear you're back home xx

Scottish: Mmm I want Cadbury's buttons. Haven't seen them for ages.

counting: I hope you don't have to be induced early this time. How did the induction go at 38 weeks? Was it smooth?

Christina: So sorry that you're sick so often! is there anything else they can give you? Hope your ms doesn't last much longer.

Kala: your bump is really cute!

Stripy cat: what a cute ultrasound picture!

Rebecca: I find myself getting agitated reading about how radiology is treating you. You should be able to make an appointment even if it's 3 months away!!

Northern: that's a gorgeous shirt! I think I want one. where is it from if you don't mind me asking?

Last night I dreamed that I had a baby boy and he had long hair! Also it seemed I wasn't breastfeeding him and just pumping for him. Dd actually had hair when she was born, I vaguely remember the DR telling me but at the time I wasn't sure what she was talking about lol. It wasn't a surprise for me to see she had hair...but it was all any non-family/friends would talk about when they saw her. Maybe that's why I expect her sibling to be similar to her in that way. As for breastfeeding...I am terrified of it honestly. It makes me nervous thinking about it. I'm going to ask to see a lactation consultant once I'm in third tri to talk about all the things that went wrong...my mom says it'll probably be easier this time around.

My nt scan is tomorrow, so around 24 hrs till I have to get ready to gooo. I'm nervous because this is the imaging department of a big hospital. They won't tell me anything and will just have me wait for my next DRs appointment which isn't till next week. Even if I plan to go to my old ob I can't till I get my nt results.

Not yet. They had said to stick with what I'm doing until 12 weeks to see if it calms down. We will go from there. I was able to keep fluids in late last night so that makes me happy. We will see what today has in store for me.

Northern- What a cute shirt. I love it!

Perplexed- That is a funny dream! My son was born with a full head of hair and I thought it was so cute. I think this one will also have lots of hair because I'm having a good amount of heartburn.

Christina- I hate to hear about how sick you are. That is just rough. I'm glad that you were able to keep fluids down last night. Earlier on in this thread, we were all eating carrots and found they really help with the sickness (thanks to Northern for sharing). I was on a combination of zofran, B6, and carrots for quite some time. I also found drinking lemon water really helped. But I would sure hope they would put you on something else if you continue to struggle. In my first pregnancy, zofran alone was enough for me. This time, it did not cut it by itself. Maybe you can also try seabands.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm so excited to no longer be a tween tomorrow and be able to say I'm in the 2nd trimester! I've felt like I've been there since 12 weeks.

I know Rebecca, I feel like 12 weeks is the second tri! My doctor thinks it is too.

Twenty-four hours until my scan. I can't function at work today because I'm so excited and nervous. Rebecca & Northern, I agree, I feel like I'm in the second tri now! Although of course due to other factors I'm more nervous than I want to be. But based on the studies I read, as I understand it my risk of a mc between now and 16 weeks is basically double what it would normally be. But my normal risk right now is less than one percent, so even doubled it's still really low. I'm not sure if that's legitimate but it makes me feel a little better! :p

Perplexed- NOPE. I was induced on the 30th of June and my son was born the 5th of July. I was in labour the whole time, on hospital bed rest(ie. not even allowed to sit up). It sucked.

Someone mentioning heartburn and hair- I lived on tums when I was pregnant my heartburn was so bad, and my son was bald. Well, he had a tiny amount of hair on the back and sides of his head but it hardly qualified. He was a baldie. My SIL had no heartburn and my nephew was born with so much dark brown hair it went over his ears.

Northern- What a cute shirt. I love it!

Perplexed- That is a funny dream! My son was born with a full head of hair and I thought it was so cute. I think this one will also have lots of hair because I'm having a good amount of heartburn.

Christina- I hate to hear about how sick you are. That is just rough. I'm glad that you were able to keep fluids down last night. Earlier on in this thread, we were all eating carrots and found they really help with the sickness (thanks to Northern for sharing). I was on a combination of zofran, B6, and carrots for quite some time. I also found drinking lemon water really helped. But I would sure hope they would put you on something else if you continue to struggle. In my first pregnancy, zofran alone was enough for me. This time, it did not cut it by itself. Maybe you can also try seabands.

I hope everyone has a great day. I'm so excited to no longer be a tween tomorrow and be able to say I'm in the 2nd trimester! I've felt like I've been there since 12 weeks.

I just have a hard time drinking anything. I am so thirsty, but it is like I force myself to drink it because I gag whenever I try. I love lemon water. =) I will try carrots. I also really want sugar snap peas. I have barely had anything so I need to get some veggies and fruit in my diet (of chicken broth and rice) I have never heard of seabands before either... I'll look that up.

For now... I will fight to stay awake through my next two classes and stop at the store on my way home. :sleep:

Christina, I hope you find something that helps! I have actually been more sick the last couple of weeks, but nothing as bad as with my first. I feel lucky! (So remember that when the time comes to TTC again, may not be nearly as bad next time!) :)

Christina- Sea bands are basically a band you wear around your wrist to cut down on nausea while pregnant. I haven't gotten one. But I know lots of people who have had them and love them.

Counting- I was the one who said something about heartburn and hair. In my last pregnancy, my heartburn got to be so unbearable that I had to go on Nexium at the very end. I couldn't even sleep because my heartburn was so bad. My son was born with a thick head of hair. And I had recently read an article saying they were finding a correlation between the two. So, I figured that might be true.
This time, I've been having heartburn for about 2 weeks for sure. I'm hoping it doesn't get as bad this time. But it's interesting to hear your account about lots of heartburn and having a bald baby vs. your SIL having none and a baby with lots of hair.

Sorry girls I typed up a long post addressing everyone last night and my stupid phone erased it!

Tara can't wait to see your scan pic tomorrow!! Mine is thursday and I'm so excited and nervous as well. I just want to sleep until thursday morning lol. I try not to think about the risk of mc, but I do it sometimes, however I feel like less than 1% is pretty good. Rebecca I agree I feel like I'm in the second trimester but I decided that 13 weeks would do it so I'll be in the second next week.

I have the worst heartburn lately. I am going to have to divide my meals up into tiny ones I suppose. Tums don't do a thing!

Dini, Gaviscon works well. Tums didn't touch heartburn for me last time.

ladies who are carrying their second or more child... How much are you showing/how high is your fundus?

Odd question, but I am having my second, I'm 14w2d, and my uterus is already up to about one inch below my belly button! Clearly visible when I lie down as a hard round ball sticking out, and I look very pregnant when standing. Dates are exact. With my son I was about half way to my belly button at 15 weeks. Funny also as this baby is ALWAYS hanging out jammed against my pelvic bone even though he\she has all kinds of room. My son was always hanging out really high up, as high as he could get.

Ps. 100 days of pregnancy completed today!Woot!

With DD2 my uterus (confirmed by midwife) was at belly button level by 16 weeks x

My first prenatal appointment at 11w5d my uterus was already half way between my belly button and my pelvic bone (doctor confirmed). With my son (baby #1), my uterus didn't come out above my pelvic bone until about 13w. I measured perfectly belly button level with him at 20w, and never measured more than a week ahead. Seems crazy to me. I also wonder since my son is only 15 months if my uterus was still a little stretched out from him or not. I just look so much more pregnant than I did last time at this stage!
AmeliePoulain, did you start measuring more on average later on in the pregnancy or did you stay measuring way ahead?

It is my NT scan tomorrow and the first time I will see the baby. I feel so nervous I really want to burst into tears. I am always like this before scans.

DD2 is poorly, she was hot and all zoned out before bed. DD1 wet herself at preschool today and I am worried she has a uti. I hope they both sleep well - I don't know how I would cope with poorly girls and a scan tomorrow...

Counting, I think it's different for everyone. My wife is having her first child and hers is already just above the belly button also. I was actually feeling it this morning in awe because that didn't happen to be for another few weeks :)

I am short (5ft 1) and have a small pelvis. With DD1 I measured 4 weeks ahead but with DD2 I measured bang on - and she was the bigger baby!

Counting- I have been showing since 11 weeks and look the same as I did at 20 weeks with my first pregnancy. I know nothing about my fundal height. I don't know how to measure it myself, and it wasn't measured at my last appointment. She just felt and said that it's where it is supposed to be, but she didn't measure anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->