**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm just 5'5 but I guess I have a long torso and short legs :rofl:

Maggz do you have an amazing icelandic surname ending in 'Dottir'?

I have worked with a couple of icelandic girls before than they explained the surname thing to me and I found it facinating.

I tried to convince my DH that Fjola would be a really cool name (that was the name of the icelandic girl I worked with...) He just looked at me like I am mad!

Sorry, maggz. I thought you said you were 6'. Must have confused you with someone else...

It's okay xanzaba, someone mentioned before I must have a long torso. :) Haha

I do Amelie, my last name is Axelsdóttir (Axel's daughter). Yeah I think we're the only nation left in the world that still does surnames like that.
Fjóla is cute, it means violet, the flower :) Would invite many mispronunciations I believe, unless you would spell it Fyola lol

I didn't know it meant Violet - that makes it even cuter!

I am ok with mispronouciation. My name is Alicia - pronounced 'A-liss-ee-a' but so many people assume it is 'A-leesh-a'.

A lot of people thought we invented DD2's name (Elodie) but it is a pretty common name in France. We saw it on a list and liked it.

Rebecca: I actually have no inkling at all at what I'm having. In fact the feeling is making me panic a bit right now as with my daughter i had a feeling. I wasn't surprised when they told me that it's a girl.

Colleen Paige is a lovely name. I hope your husband agrees to it. I know how it is to get attached to a name and feel no other one fits.

Amelie: Fjola is a very pretty name and I love the way it is pronounced also. Your daughters have such beautiful names. I don't feel like Fjola would be out of place between them!

I really like your daughters' names Amelie :) I've always liked Ivy.
Maybe you can get your DH on board with Fjóla/Fjola :) Another one I've heard is a little more common especially in the Scotland I'm guessing is Freyja. That's one of my top ones, but I don't think we're having a girl this time around.

Perplexed I feel the same way, I have no inkling or gut feeling but my opinion is so colored of other people's opinions! DH is desperate for a son, my best friend dreamt it was a boy, and the ultrasound tech guessed it was a boy. Only one who thinks it's a girl is my sister.

So my gender scan was on the 16th but I have just changed it to this Tuesday night!!!!!!!!!! Omg!!!!!!! Eeeeeekkk!!!!! I'm so freaking excited!!!!!!!

Kirsty- that's exciting!!

I am officially 14 weeks today. I've been able to eat normally the last few days!! Without being sick. So exciting! My next appt is in 2 days! =] i will say that I'm pretty sure my mattress is just not good. We have a memory foam and I wake up with my back hurting almost every morning. The pain goes away after I've been out of bed for about 30 min. I am ok if I am napping. But to sleep for a full night hasn't been easy.

So in Iceland are you named by fathers name in surname? I didn't know that! That's fascinating:D

I like that name to Amelie! It's unique and unusual and lovely.

Kirsty wow that's exciting not long for you! I have 4 weeks on Tuesday until mine :( good luck :)

Thank you! Really can't wait! Should of been 3 weeks today!

Hi everyone, love the names everyone is discussing. Everyone mispronounces my DD's name too, although I think it is fairly simple! Wrong emphasis on the EN!

We came up with backup names last night. I love the names we have but I'm a little concerned that we will get in there and think "Child, you are so NOT an Adelaide!". So right now we have Seth and Jude if it is a boy and Adelaide and Andie if it is a girl.

My scan is on Thursday afternoon and I am just so excited. My intelligender test should be here tomorrow so I'm just hoping that is right. We aren't going to get it confirmed.

Kirsty that is awesome that you've been able to get your scan changed.

Not much news here. I'm getting annoyed about movement. I'm sure I've felt the baby move but it is so infrequent. I felt dd move at 17 weeks and I can remember after that sitting on the couch with my feet up and waiting for her to move and inevitably it would happen. But now, whenever I lie or sit still and wait to feel something there's nothing. At my last scan the doctor actually commented that my placenta was exactly where it should be so I assumed that meant it's not anterior. But do you think he meant it's away from the cervix and I may still have an anterior placenta and that's why I'm not feeling much?

Lithodora- I wouldn't think it rude of you to just come on here with a short post. I am glad things are going well for you. :) It's good to see you on here.

Kirsty- That is so exciting! Good luck on Tuesday. :) So soon now

Northern- I used to have a personal trainer named Andie. I loved her and I thought that she had a really cool name.

We had a wonderful day at the pumpkin patch yesterday. It wore me out, though. I'm ready for a relaxing day today. I hope everyone is doing well today.

Beanonorder I was feeling loads of movement/kicks at 13-14 weeks but the last week iv hardly felt a thing. I'm lucky if I feel a little wiggle 3 times a day now! Kind of way I was badly wanted my scan changed so I can make sure jelly bean is ok x

Beanonorder, it's possible. It's also possible you just have a really content, chill baby who doesn't like to dance around too much. My sister's babies were both that way. Hope you start feeling more movement soon! And I really hope you and your DH can get to a better place. :hugs:

I have been feeling little flutters and some scrambling type feelings, but only sometimes when I'm relaxing on the couch. I am really hoping in a couple more weeks we'll start to be able to feel movement from the outside, despite the anterior placenta, so DH and DS can enjoy it too.

Lithodora, I know it's hard to keep up sometimes! But if you like posting here don't worry about not replying to everyone. I personally don't think it's rude. I don't always have something new to say to everyone and just reply to any recent posts that stuck in my mind.

I wish I was more excited. To be honest I am excited, but my feelings of fear, nervousness, and unpreparedness are much stronger. I'm hoping our gender ultrasound next weekend will start to help with that. I havent wanted to think about names or really do anything yet. :-/ I did buy some maternity leggings and skinny jeans, and some new shoes and boots, so at least I don't feel I so dumpy! :p

I will probably be on a lot this week bc it's my second-to-last week of work and my boss is out of town, which means I won't have much else to do! :p

P.S. Kirsty so excited for your scan! I can't wait to hear how it goes! :)

Kirsty, that's so exciting!! Can't wait to hear!! :happydance:

Beanonorder, maybe it's just the position the baby has been in lately. I haven't felt anything that I can for sure say is baby yet, but of course it's early and it's my first.

Tara, I know how you feel. I'm excited but feel more scared and nervous, mostly about baby being okay and just all the things we need to get done before baby gets here. I think after I know what it is maybe that will change as well. I feel like when I get to 20 weeks I'll feel a lot more comfortable, or maybe when baby starts moving.

So last night I posted on here and my dumb phone froze, and I see it didn't get posted. :growlmad:

My friends baby shower was lots of fun! I didn't know anyone but her, but her friends and family were lovely and welcoming. I do have a lot in common with them, as 2 were also nurses and 1 is a dietitian so we are in the same field.

Amelie, I love the name Fjola, I think it's beautiful! I also like the name Maggz said, Freya, it's pretty as well. I know all about mispronunciation. My name gets screwed up all the time. I hated it as a kid but I don't care now.

Sooo, I just booked my gender scan for November 19th at noon!! :dance: I could have gone in as early as Friday but I want to wait a bit longer because we want to announce on Thanksgiving and there is no way I'd be able to hold it in that long! We just booked a 2d scan because its cheaper and honestly this early I think 4d kinda looks creepy lol, but when I was booking I saw a special for a 2d/3d scan for $99, which is the scan I booked plus 3d images as well. That's just $20 more, so I think I'll ask DH what he wants to do. I mean really we are just going to find out the gender. I think I may want to go back later, around 24-30wks to get a 3d/4d, and the scan I booked comes with a $10 coupon towards a future visit. What do you all think?

Scottish yeah we do it that way still lol like the vikings ;)

Kirsty yay! That's so exciting :dance:

Tara I get you on not being excited. I'm thinking as time goes on and it gets more "real" the excitement will kick in. I haven't started shopping for anything yet, and honestly it just doesn't feel like it's really happening. Especially since I don't really have a bump yet.
Sometimes when I really think about it, snuggling a newborn and stuff like that, I get like a wave of excitement though. I also love it when my DH brings up the baby and shows that he's excited. But he's a guy so his feelings are on delay :haha:

Beanonorder maybe you just have a super chill baby :coffee: but I honestly don't feel a lot, maybe once a day if I'm lucky, and most of the time I'm not even sure if it's baby for sure ;) I'm positive they'll be kicking us in the ribs before we know it!

Christina I'm having the same problem with our bed! It's never bothered me like this before - well we've only had it since April but still... It's just not comfortable anymore and my back really hurts in the morning. I prop my back up with pillows most nights to get some softness. We're gonna move over to the guest bed while my sisters are here, and I'm pretty excited to see if my back gets any better. Can you try getting like a thin mattress that you put on top of yours for some relief?

First bare belly picture was me pregnant with LO#1 at 20 weeks. Second picture(blue shirt) is me at 17 weeks, today, with this baby! Crazy how much bigger and how different I am carrying this time.(Sorry no idea why it uploaded sideways, and too pregnant lazy to try and fix it )

https://i59.tinypic.com/6hsxo9.jpg
https://i60.tinypic.com/29pero4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"