**April Bunnies 2015**

Hi ladies sorry I haven't been on til now has been a busy day! Scan went fine and we are team :yellow: I resisted the urge and can't wait for a surprise on bubbas birthday ☺️. All measuring fine and looking as it should do was lovely to see the baby now and knowing that all being well next time I see him/her will be the day they are born :cloud9:
View attachment 824369

Awesome!! Glad your scan went well. Resisting that urge to know gender is difficult. It will be fun guessing until April!! =)

Hi, everyone! :wave: Sorry I have been MIA. I have read every post, though. I can't believe how many blue bumps there are! :blue: Congrats on everyone having such great 20 week scans! Dini, thanks for asking about me. :)

Beanonorder, I've been thinking about you a lot. I hope you're finding some new normal to sustain you through this hard time. I wanted to say a few days back, I don't think it would be selfish of you at all to spend your mat leave at home. You'll need the help and your husband knew when your due date was when he chose to move out & for how long. You have to preserve yourself and your children however you can. :hugs:

I started feeling & seeing movement from the outside as of Friday night. It's really nice bc he is moving a lot now. :) Have my 20-week US on Tuesday. Feeling less paranoid now that he's moving more. I'm really struggling with depression, though. I'm so tired and drained I can barely go about a normal day. It sucks because I know it's just my brain chemistry and I wish I could just snap out of it. :shrug:

Christina: love the human comment, lol!

Mamabean: your bump is gorgeous! I hope your DH agrees to the family gender reveal...it's such a cute idea.

stripeycat: well done staying team yellow!

feeling more movement now! still quite light but it's there, such a relief.

So I've felt baby move for quite a while now, and have felt her on the outside, but I'm at the point where I poke my belly and it pokes me back. One of life's oddest sensations.

I consider this a milestone.

Stripeycat- Beautiful scan picture. Congratulations!

Christina- I watched my video from my 3D scan at 18 weeks and my girl had those same spots. ;) I also find the human comment hilarious.

We just had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Now I am stuffed and ready to watch a movie with my husband. I made a pumpkin pie that turned out looking ugly but tasted great! I'll take that. I hope everyone had a great day!

Hi ladies!

Mamabean your bump is gorgeous!

Button, I also have the acid reflux and feel all squashed and I'm not even showing yet. Must be a short torso thing lol.

Stripey your scan pic is adorable. So proud of you staying team yellow!

Christina, love the human comment.

Northern I'm sure your dd was thrilled in the morning!

Tara glad to see you. So sorry you are struggling with depression. I've had short bouts I manage to push out of but I'm sure you must be so frustrated. We are here if you need us!!

Had a great thanksgiving, everyone loved the cookies! I need to take a good pic of the inside of one and I'll get some posted. They tasted so yummy. I ate way too much food but it was all so good.

I was supposed to do some Black Friday shopping with my mil and her sister and mom I'm the morning but on our way home from dinner at 10:30 tonight we got a flat tire. So looks like we have to go to the tire place and replace it tomorrow. The sidewall blew out so we have to have the others inspected and hopefully don't have to replace them all we really can't afford it. We couldn't get the jack out of the trunk it was stuck so I called AAA and had to wait 45 min to get it changed but we made it home safe and sound. I hope we can at least go get left overs at his grandparents tomorrow!!

28th of November last year was my due date with DD (she was born a week later)...who knew that a year later I'd be halfway through a new pregnancy. I'll still consider that this LO might be born a week after estimated due date, just so I don't get myself worked up so much and get depressed like last time LOL. I was feeling so sad that "everyone has gone into labor by themselves and I had to be induced, what's wrong with me!" even though my experience was amazing and went by very quick.

Perplexed I know what you mean! Although I went into labour naturally I was convinced I was going to be pregnant t forever! I told everyone I was an elephant and therefore we'd be waiting til 2013 for dd to arrive!

I had a very nice thanksgiving dinner. Sadly I had to cut it short because the nanny ended up having to babysit. Dh was supposed to be there but he has a stomach virus and didn't want to pass it on to dd. I don't want her to get it so it's better he stayed away.

Tara sorry about how you're feeling. Its not easy. Sending lots of hugs your way.

Stripey well done on staying team yellow. I really enjoyed it last time. I'm kind of glad we found out this time so that I've experienced it both ways.

Had our 20 week scan. They put the gender in an envelope and we are doing a reveal dinner on the 6th. Everything was measuring normal. There is a fluid "cyst" they are going to watch outside the brain. Doctor wasnt overly concerned. Friends baby had one so I was already familiar with them. They occur in 1 in 50 pregnancies. Still scary to hear but my dad is an OB and he was pretty okay with it too.

Dini- Oh my goodness! What a fiasco. I hope you can get your tire fixed easily. I am glad that your Thanksgiving was good otherwise, and that everyone liked your cookies!

Tara- I am sorry to hear about your battling depression. That is tough! I hope it does get better for you. How fun to see baby from the outside. We've definitely been feeling Holly from the outside for almost 2 weeks now. But the area I feel her is so low on the bump, and I can't see around the top of it to tell if the movements are visible! lol It's good to see you on here.

Beanonorder- I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving even though you had to cut it short.

MrsA- Good luck with your gender reveal!

So, a few things have literally changed for me overnight when it comes to my bump. I was awoken from my sleep last night to a painful tightening/cramping feeling at the top of my bump. I'm not sure what it was, but I'm not terribly concerned because I still feel Holly moving around, and it only lasted a short time. I also just couldn't get comfortable last night because my bump was pulling against my back when I laid on my side. I couldn't even lie on my back if I wanted to because the pressure hurt my back as well. I started feeling like I need to invest in a pregnancy pillow. I ended up rolling up the end of the comforter and putting in under the side of my belly for support. I don't really want a pregnancy pillow, but I don't know what other options are. I honestly wish there was something I could wrap around my body to provide support for my belly so it doesn't pull. That could have even been the reason for the pain I woke up from; the pulling may have made my muscles cramp. I ate good food yesterday, but I didn't eat that much to make my belly grow. I think the baby must have had a small growth spurt or something. I'm going to yoga today and I'm going to ask the instructor if there are exercises I can do to strengthen my back to hopefully counteract any pain.

Beanonorder- I am glad you had a good thanksgiving dinner.

Dini- that stinks about the tire. Hopefully it's easily fixed!

Rebecca- hope you get some relief from the pulling and thst there are some exercises you can do.

I went to bed at 9:30 last night and was up by midnight. Didn't go back to bed until 2:30am. I had I think the most emotional dream I've had in the longest time. Good. But emotional. I also had to go to the bathroom. Lol. But when I went back to bed I slept so soundly. It was amazing! I also felt baby move or poke or whatever baby was doing at 12,1,2 and a feeling woke me up at 8:30 this morning!

I'm surprised I feel this much. I wasn't told I have an anterior placenta but that's what the u/s tech wrote down. But I lnow these are movements. Some are stronger than others though. I know that much! And I feel more low down or higher up more to the side.

MrsA have fun at your reveal, and I'm sure the cyst is nothing! I also have a friend who had one and it went away like most do in a few weeks.

Beanonorder, glad you had a good thanksgiving despite cutting it short. I hope DD had fun!

Christina, that must be so nice to feel baby so much!

Rebecca I hope you find a solution to your pains!

We are getting ready to leave to get the tire replaced, but they don't know when they'll fit us in so it could be tonight when its done so it's kind of a pain. I do hope the rest of the tires are in good shape because we really can't afford to replace them all even though DH wants to. He always wants to replace everything on cars. If they are still in good shape they stay! Hopefully we at least get to go get breakfast. I'm so hungry!

Dini, good luck at the tire place! I hope you get breakfast!

Rebecca, my sister has a little wedge pillow they sell for pregnancy just to prop up your belly, it's a small little pillow & I found that plus a small pillow between my knees to be way better than a body pillow last time.

It's almost 10 a.m. here and DH and DD are making us pancakes for breakfast. I love lazy mornings but I should probably start having a snack when breakfast is this late! :p

Had to replace two tires, so $400. Didn't get breakfast but went to DH's grandparents to visit and had leftovers from last night. They were yummy but I'm hungry again!

Tara pancakes are my favorite!! Hope they were yummy.

Oh my word, I looked in the mirror while I was putting my pj's on and I have exploded! I can't believe how big I am already!!
I feel like at this rate I'm going to end up looking like an enormous elephant and I'll be fat forever.

Dini- My husband is the same way. He likes to replace everything. Probably preventative maintenance. ;) His dad also used to work for Firestone, so he's kind of a tire fanatic. Good luck with your tires! And I do hope the other 2 are just fine.

Christina- Congrats on all of the movements you are feeling! I've been very surprised by how much I've felt as well with an anterior placenta. I suppose it's all about the way baby is positioned.

Tara- Thanks for telling me about the wedge pillow. I will check that out. I would definitely prefer it over a body pillow because the body pillow is so large.

Beanonorder- I am sure you look fantastic!

I did not get a chance to speak with the yoga instructor before the class started yesterday. But she did this incredible stretch that worked wonders for my back! It felt so good that I even audibly sighed relief. I couldn't help it; my back felt incredible. For some reason, yoga instructors like it when you are verbal in class anyway. My back has felt perfect ever since then. I also slept great last night.
I don't know what it is about being 21 weeks pregnant, but I want to hurry up and get on to week 22. Maybe I just want to get closer to V Day. Or I don't know. It just feels like all of the past weeks have just flown by and now this one is suddenly just dragging along.

GreyGirl- How are you doing? I'm doing pretty good.

Rebecca- I am pretty sure the positioning is why I can feel so much. I only feel something down low-- either to the far right or left of my belly button or up high to the right of my belly button area. The baby is breech and transverse. At the U/S baby was lying on it's side (don't know if it still is). I am assuming I am getting kicked down low (that is where I can feel the flutters and nothing too strong) and I assume I am getting punched up high. The baby was constantly moving its arms back and forth by its head- so my guess is it's that. Or I am getting head butted! :haha:

I did so much stuff yesterday with the house... we organized what will be our shared office downstairs. I got a bunch of my writing and school stuff downstairs. Got more stuff out of what was my office (soon to be nursery) and put it in the guest room for now- have no idea what to do with all those games we have!!! :shrug: A friend is coming over later when I am at a home health visit to help DH move my desk downstairs since it is way to heavy for me to help with. Then tonight I will set up my area in our office!

HOWEVER.... by doing all of that....
I did no school work. So now I have 5 papers due by the end of the day Monday/ beginning of the day Tuesday and I am doing 23hrs of home health visits this weekend..... this should be fun!!!!:dohh:

Christina that is intense!

Sorry I haven't been adding much to meaningful replies the past while. I am just so busy! I feel like I'm not doing anything important yet I never have enough time. Our elf on the shelf came back two days early and is giving DD a random act of Christmas kindness to do every day. Today she is going to help clean the house so we can decorate. We've got lots of fun stuff planned, like buying groceries for my grandmother and baking cookies for OH's mom, leaving candy canes in people's mailboxes, etc.

I have my next OBGYN appt on Wednesday and I'm very eager to talk to her about my hip. I know it is all of my joints loosening and everything, but I'm having serious problems with my right hip. Turning over is impossible and trying to put pants on that leg takes everything out of me. What pain!

On a better note, 23 weeks today! I can't believe I'm heading into the last few weeks of 2nd tri! It has flown by so fast!

Here is my 21 week bump photo. The second picture (in the purple shirt) was me at 28 weeks with my first pregnancy. I can't believe I'm basically the same size already. Just not quite as pointy.

Attachments

• 21 weeks.jpg
    21 weeks.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 28 weeks amber.jpg
    28 weeks amber.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads