**April Bunnies 2015**

Congrats on your scan scottish!

Rebecca, hope your blood test comes back with a good result! Sounds to me like they just have to do it since they saw the spot but it's probably nothing. It's probably better to do the test than to worry your whole pregnancy!

I think I am also feeling BH contractions from time to time, mostly in the early evening after a long day at work. Is BH when your belly gets rock hard? It's quite uncomfortable but doesn't hurt. My belly also get very hard often when I'm walking. Is this normal?
As a long distance runner I'm not enjoying feeling so restricted!! :(

Tove: yeah bh is when the belly gets hard. For some ppl it hurts while others don't. Generally mine hurt and I started having them early last time...not as much this time.

In other news...it's a boy! :blue: <3

Thanks, I'm so excited! For some reason I didn't think I'd be as happy with a boy but the happy tears started flowing in the ultrasound room. <3

Congrats perplexed! Clearly April is a blue month!!

I've had a sick day today and I needed it even more than I realised. Having the nanny here gave me the chance to actually recover and catch a little bit of sleep! Much needed as I didn't sleep much at all last night.

Thanks ladies! I'm so excited really can't wait for him to be here and at the same time I want to enjoy just being with dd as she turns 1 soon.

Dh and I have a slight disagreement on the girl's name we had but in full agreement about the boy name so I'm glad!

Amelie we had a girls name but actually in a discussion with oh just now on boys name. He's kurdish so likes a Kurdish name which I agree to (they are Persian/Turkish kinda names) so we trying to come to agreement on one we both like! Hopefully come up with a shortlist soon! X

Perplexed- Congratulations on your boy! :blue: Glad it worked out for your name as well. That will simplify things. :)

Maggz- So sorry you have to work on Thanksgiving! That's frustrating. I was just telling my husband yesterday while watching commercial after commercial about Black Friday starting on Thanksgiving, that I think it's awful that they are doing that. And I don't feel like people should have to go into work on Thanksgiving...especially to a frantic crowd of people looking for a bargain. I know it's not the same for you because you don't work in retail, but I still don't like it that people have to work. I hope your gender reveal goes great!

Tove- Yes, that sounds exactly like BH. I feel the exact same as you. I don't like feeling restricted at all. I have had to give up running entirely and now I'm doing the elliptical machine in place of it. Are you still running?

Beanonorder- I am so glad to hear that you got to go home and rest with a nanny there! How wonderful. :)

Christina- Good luck on your scan today! I hope it goes great!

AFM- I get a day to myself today! Yes! Since I had a doctor appointment today, I had asked my husband if we could arrange for him to watch our son during the appointment. But it turns out he was having more of a recreational day at work today. So, he just took him to work. And then they are going Christmas shopping for me after that. So, I just get to chill out by myself. I love it!
I am not at all ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. I need to make a pumpkin pie tonight. It's the 2nd one I'm making from scratch. My first one turned out pretty good. I'm hoping this one is too because it's the only one I'm making for our friends who are coming over tomorrow. It's not really that big of a deal, but I feel like I need a day to clean up and then a day to worry about making food. It would be nice if Thanksgiving was on Friday.
And then our 5 year anniversary is on Nov 29th. But we aren't going out for it until next Saturday because the YMCA is doing a parents' night out from 5PM-10PM for just $20!! So, we're going to take that day to celebrate our anniversary. I'll probably not feel like doing anything this Saturday anyway.

Accidentally said he (the baby) to dh. Bleh. But apparently I'm more torn up about it than him.

Congrats perplexed! Another boy in our group :)

Thanks for replying regarding BH perplexed and Rebecca. I wish I didnt get them, its so uncomfortable! All afternoon my belly has been rock hard, I can barely walk with a straight back. Baby moves every now and then so Im not super worried, but I do worry a little.

Rebecca, unfortunately I havent ran a km since becoming pregnant :( Actually I have barely worked out or been active, especially when thinking about how I used to run 30+ kms per week. Good for you for staying active with the elliptical! I wish I had the energy to do something like that...

Ultrasound went really well!! Baby has heartbeat at 154. It's breech and I have an anterior placenta. Baby was moving non stop. She had to quit moving the thing so it would stop moving to get pictures!! At my last scan I was a week behind. I am 3 days behind so my EDD is between April 26th and 30th. She said she was just going to leave it for now. I normally wouldn't have another ultrasound done-minus the 3d one- but she said after next 1-2 appts we will see because I am not gaining enough weight. I'll post pictures when I'm not on my phone. =]

Beanonorder that sounds delightful!

Haha oops perplexed :blush:

Rebecca I agree, I definitely don't think stores should be open past noon on Thanksgiving. As for restaurants, I would have thought it would be dead, but apparently it's always packed and super busy!
At least I'll have Saturday off, we're going to see Wicked down in San Diego, I'm so excited :dance:
Are you going to meet friends for a potluck or something? We did that last year and all my leftovers got thrown away, including a WHOLE apple crumble and a lot of meat and gravy and potatoes. I'm still not quite over it :nope:

I'm making cupcakes for tomorrow to reveal the gender! I made a vanilla chocolate swirl (cause he's black and I'm white :haha: ) and then I'm gonna cut out the top and put blue m&ms before I frost them.

My back is acting up still it's pretty painful but I'm trying to make sure to do some exercises every day to counteract it. Doesn't get rid of the pain but at least it lessens it.

Christina- I am glad that everything went well at your scan! It looks like baby's growth has caught up quite a bit.

I had my appointment today and it went well. I met with a new midwife. I plan on seeing all of them because any one of them could end up delivering my baby. And I really liked her. I expressed my concerns about weight gain to her. She told me that as long as my belly is growing, my fundal height is accurate, and I am otherwise eating healthy and exercising, it shouldn't matter if I gain any excess weight or not. I don't need to gain over 20 lbs total for this entire pregnancy. That was reassuring. I know how fast weight goes on in that last month!
I also found out more about the spot, which she did not call an EIF from reading my information. She called it a hyperechoic focus. I don't know what the difference is (maybe there isn't a difference), but the point was that it was NOT a bright spot on the heart, which is usually what they call an EIF. I know I said that already, but basically that is a huge difference when it comes to markers for chromosomal problems. They are still checking it out to see what it was, but she said the radiologist noted on the ultrasound that the focus was "not to be considered an anatomical concern." Now, I am waiting on my results from the quad screening. And I just called the specialty clinic today to schedule my level II ultrasound. They took my information and said they would be calling me back by Monday afternoon (if they don't to call them) to schedule the ultrasound. I really want to get that out of the way.

Good news, Rebecca! Hopefully you get that all sorted really quickly.

All the clothes I bought from Old Navy fit me! I didn't buy maternity clothes, just went a size larger and bought the "tall" version. All is well, I have things to wear to work now!

It did! I was so excited. While I love the month of May I didn't want a May baby. Hehe.
Their Concern is on my weight. So I'll have an ultrasound at either 28,32 or 36 weeks depending on weight gain. I am going to schedule a 3d scan for 26 weeks.

For those on the FB group I posted the link for the cd. It was the ultrasound video! I don't want to post it here bc it has my name on it. I'll get pictures up eventually. My laptop is dead and I was too lazy to charge it.

Hi girls! Been a few days since I've been on.

Congrats perplexed on your boy! Sure are a lot of those in this group!!

Beanonorder I'm sorry you're struggling so much but im glad you got some rest!

Yay for 20 weeks Kirsty!

Congrats on your good scan Christina.

Rebecca I'm so glad they aren't saying its an EIF, sounds like it's nothing!

Northern I hope you get to feeling better.

Anyone heard from Tara? Hope she is okay I didn't see any posts from her in a few days.

Afm, I'm doing pretty good. The sciatica is still not as bad as a few weeks back but my left hip is really bothering me and the weird numbness and pain in my leg is making it hard to sleep but otherwise I feel pretty good. I am having trouble eating much at any one time and then it takes forever before I don't feel full anymore. I have a short torso so I expect I'll be uncomfortable for the rest of the time.

DH thinks I'm showing some, and I guess If you know me and know I'm pregnant you might notice a bit but it really just looks like I've gained a bunch of weight.

I hardly feel him move at all anymore. It must be his position and the anterior placenta because I did feel him most days a few times but now I go days with nothing and if I do feel him it's so faint I can't be sure. So I'm back to using my doppler daily. At least I have that!

We are revealing the sex to family tomorrow and the cookies turned out cute. I'll take pics and post some soon. I think there could be a few people at DH's dads side that arent even aware we are pregnant. Should be interesting!

For ally American friends here happy Thanksgiving!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->