**April Bunnies 2015**

One week closer... 19 weeks today! I really can't believe how quickly it's going.

I forgot to mention dh felt baby move today. I didn't think it would happen anytime soon because he mostly moved at night when I get into bed. But today, as I sat down on the train I got a really hard kick just above my belly button. Dh put his hand there and a few seconds later I got another kick.

Beanonorder- You look great! Having an anterior placenta makes you pop out more too. I learned that during my last pregnancy. But I think you look fantastic and not huge at all. Glad your husband got to feel the baby move. I have been finding that Holly often moves when I sit down. I guess she repositions with the decreased space!

Northern- I am sorry to hear about how bad things are with your leg. I hope you get some answers and possibly help at your appointment.

Christina- Happy 19 weeks!

I can't believe it's almost December. We decorated our tree and house yesterday. Our stockings are hung from the counter this year because we don't have a fireplace. I miss having a fireplace and so does my husband. I think that will be a priority in the next place we live! I feel like I need to get Holly a stocking hanger and a stocking. Even though she is not here yet, I just feel like she needs one because I feel like she is still part of our family. Anyone else feeling like this? I hope everyone is doing well. It's crazy that most of us are halfway through the pregnancy. It really is going by fast.

Beanonorder, OH got to feel Thea last night too. He was so excited. He ended up writing a FB status about it. I thought that was cute. We got to see a big belly moving kick this morning too.

Our dog is apparently training us! Poor thing was sick for two days. Throwing up everywhere because she is a beagle and doesn't know when to quit eating or stealing food!! She has been worse since I got pregnant. Maybe she thinks we will forget about her, I don't know. Then she landed wrong yesterday while jumping off a bed and really hurt her back leg. She cried. And cried. And cried. So we have been icing it and trying to get her to stay off of it. She can put pressure on it but it sure does hurt her. Gave her some medicine. I felt bad leaving her this morning.
My poor fur baby =[

Bean: your bump is gorgeous!! I'm glad your DH felt the baby.

Christina: Happy 19 weeks!

Rebecca: I think anterior placenta explains it!! I have an anterior placenta this time and am definitely much bigger than last time. Partially I think it's because my stomach didn't go back to pre-pregnancy 100% but I think I'm happy to know it's not ALL because of my weight lol!

22 weeks today! Baby boy has been so busy, kicking and wiggling away. I can sometimes lay still and watch my belly moving. It is amazing. I am so impatient for April. I want to meet him so bad. I spend so much time wondering what he will be like, his personality and looks. My oldest son is blonde with blue/gray eyes and olive skin. Myself and Dh are both dark brunette with dark brown eyes.

Also I had no idea anterior placenta makes you show more! I am HUGE already and look very pregnant, but my weigh gain isn't extreme or anything. I am also shaped different than with my oldest. I have an anterior placenta this time around. Explains things(aside from just bigger with second baby)

Ps. my laptop crashed so I will only be on every once and awhile.

Is it ok to get massages? I know this is probably a stupid question but I had a few ppl tell me I shouldn't get them. I don't even need it for my back. It's all my shoulders. I'm
Guessing it's bc of my bras/boobs being toooo damn big lol.

Christina, get someone who specializes in prenatal massage. I'm getting ready to book one for next week! They have special tables so your bump goes down through a hole and you can lay on your stomach.

Is it ok to get massages? I know this is probably a stupid question but I had a few ppl tell me I shouldn't get them. I don't even need it for my back. It's all my shoulders. I'm
Guessing it's bc of my bras/boobs being toooo damn big lol.

Yes of course it's ok, just make sure it's a place that does massages for pregnant women or you can turn up and be refused a massage like my friend was, even though it was just a neck massage at 10 weeks pregnant. They just want to cover their own asses, massage is perfectly safe, I'm still getting my brutal deep tissue ones and will be continuing for the rest of this (and forever because my back, neck and shoulders are fecked). The deep tissue massage is great for sciatica too, hurts like hell though!

I made a tomato, chorizo and butter bean stew with meatballs and gnocchi for tea and DS is hoovering it up once he realised he liked it lol! He hasn't eaten much the last few days as I think he is teething poor little man. He has developed a taste for the gnocchi 100% will have to learn to make them from scratch!

Felt a bit down the last couple of days - it's my fault for using Facebook and seeing everyone having a good time with all their friends blah blah blah. All my friends from school moved away and as we live in such a rural area it is difficult to find and make new friends. Also with DHs shifts and having to ferry my father around as he is not very well it is very difficult to find time to spend with people other than family. My best friend moved about 20 mins away but her shifts are all over the place and evenings are difficult with DS and DH working a lot in the evenings. Her partner is also a complete and total loser so we don't spend any time with them as a couple. I just hope I am not going to feel more isolated with another bubba. A lot of people with children are young mums whose own parents take care of the kids so they can go and party etc so I have nothing in common with them. All the others with children DS's age have kids in school together so they have that in common. I am probably just feeling low as DH has worked the past 4 evenings so have been on my own a lot. Anyway whinging over!

Am going to allow myself to buy something for bubba this week to cheer myself up. Last time my mum told me not to buy anything in newborn size as the baby would grow out of it too quick. Sooo not going to listen this time as ended up having to buy DS's going home outfit from the hospital!

Hope everyone is ok and feeling well. I am feeling bubba a lot now especially when I have to get up to go for a wee in the middle of the night lol 😉

I also didn't realise the placenta would make a difference this time. Perplexed I agree it makes me feel a bit better. I didn't get back to pre preg state either and that is what is worrying me the most now!

Stripey I can relate 100%to what you are feeling! I'm so worried about becoming a recluse once this baby comes along!

It's 1:30am here and I am wide awake! I have been trying so hard to go back to sleep. I had a terrible night sleep the night before. The hotel bed was so hard it gave me backache and I couldn't sleep. The wind is howling outside and rattling all the doors. I'm going to die at work tomorrow!

Thanks! I have a friend who is a massage therapist. They don't have special tables but she knows I'm pregnant. Plus she only charges $30 instead of $80 for an hour! Score!

Lucky Christina! The girl I'm seeing charges 50 bucks for 30min. I don't go very often!

I hope everyone is OK :flower:

I am alright, feeling quite tired due to my GD and diet but more likely due to my over excited nearly 4 year old waking me up at 3.50am asking if it was her birthday yet! Didn't help I didn't sleep between then and I had be at work for 7.30am *yawn*

Feel nostalgic tonight as 4 years ago my waters broke and my journey to being a Mummy started. It is strange to think how much has changed in 4 years...

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well <3

My scan is today.

Will catch up later xx

Hi ladies!

Beanonorder you look lovely!!! Glad DH got to feel baby move!

Christina massage is great at this time. My mw told me any licensed therapist is fine and I had one at 15 weeks from a regular one but I bought a groupon for a prenatal one I'm going to book soon.

Northern I hope they can give you some advice on your hip. I'm going to try a chiropractor for mine. Both of my legs are going numb now and I have intense burning pain in the left and occasionally in the right. Maybe you could see a chiropractor?

Sharnw I hope your scan went well!!

Beware long post ahead!!

Afm, I'm doing okay, but today had a rough one. I was fine, in a good mood and watching Christmas movies when about 1pm my DH finally got out of bed and he tripped over our older dog and fell. He got mad at her and pushed her away and she has terrible arthritis and I just freaked out and told him to leave her alone and then threw the vacuum cleaner and ran away crying. I literally sobbed for 10 min. At one point he came into the bedroom but he has no idea what to say and asked what he did to bring that on and when j said I don't know he said he isn't cut out for this. Which made me cry even more. In his defense, I rarely cry let alone breakdown. The only time he has seen anything close to that is the last time we failed an iui. I'm the strong one and I guess the hormones just took over and I couldn't stop crying. I kept thinking I didn't know why I was crying and then I'd cry harder. I've not been emotional at all this pregnancy and bam, it hits. I really hope my sobbing didn't hurt the baby, I cried pretty hard and I've been a little crampy today, nothing big really just feel like my uterus is tender.

So tonight I'm just trying to take it easy. Will probably go to bed early tonight.

Dini crying won't hurt a baby, it'll be the muscles and ligaments around your abdomen that you've hurt, not your uterus.

Dini crying won't hurt a baby, it'll be the muscles and ligaments around your abdomen that you've hurt, not your uterus.

Thanks, that makes sense. I may take a warm bath and see if that helps. It doesn't hurt much it's just achy. I feel him moving now and again so I'm sure he's fine.

Hi ladies!

Beanonorder you look lovely!!! Glad DH got to feel baby move!

Christina massage is great at this time. My mw told me any licensed therapist is fine and I had one at 15 weeks from a regular one but I bought a groupon for a prenatal one I'm going to book soon.

Northern I hope they can give you some advice on your hip. I'm going to try a chiropractor for mine. Both of my legs are going numb now and I have intense burning pain in the left and occasionally in the right. Maybe you could see a chiropractor?

Sharnw I hope your scan went well!!

Beware long post ahead!!

Afm, I'm doing okay, but today had a rough one. I was fine, in a good mood and watching Christmas movies when about 1pm my DH finally got out of bed and he tripped over our older dog and fell. He got mad at her and pushed her away and she has terrible arthritis and I just freaked out and told him to leave her alone and then threw the vacuum cleaner and ran away crying. I literally sobbed for 10 min. At one point he came into the bedroom but he has no idea what to say and asked what he did to bring that on and when j said I don't know he said he isn't cut out for this. Which made me cry even more. In his defense, I rarely cry let alone breakdown. The only time he has seen anything close to that is the last time we failed an iui. I'm the strong one and I guess the hormones just took over and I couldn't stop crying. I kept thinking I didn't know why I was crying and then I'd cry harder. I've not been emotional at all this pregnancy and bam, it hits. I really hope my sobbing didn't hurt the baby, I cried pretty hard and I've been a little crampy today, nothing big really just feel like my uterus is tender.

So tonight I'm just trying to take it easy. Will probably go to bed early tonight.

Mine started out burning like that, and now that problem is gone and this new hip issue is on the go. I think I may have SPD. I'm terrified of a chiropractor but I may have to break down to see one. Ugh! I feel like I have such a long road ahead of me yet to be in this much pain.

On a much brighter note, Thea has picked up movement majorly in the last two days. I read somewhere you could be feeling up to 30 movements an hour and I would say I'm not far off that most hours. She's super active.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->