**April Bunnies 2015**

Rebecca my FIL suggested I give my vegetarian child meat to help his constipation, not the first time he's suggested it and he's always making snide comments about my husband and son being vegetarian. Anyway it was the wrong day to do it because LO had had a bad night.

I think you've come up with a good plan as far as the genetic counselling goes. Better to assume everything is fine and only deal with problems if you have to.

Amelie and Scottish I'm also scared of giving birth en route but I'm fortunate that I'm low risk enough for home birth. My mums second labour was very fast and I dilated very quickly with DS so hopefully this one will just fall out!

Amelie and Scottish I would love it my I laboured as quickly as you two did this time! There was so much messing about last time - I lost count of how many internals I had yuck. I would also like to labour for as long as possible at home but my hospital is nearly an hours drive. I am waiting to hear from the consultant to see whether they would be happy for me to be at the mw led unit or if I need to go straight to the DGH which is nearly an hour away.

Have been shopping today, DH keeps on asking what I want for Christmas and I haven't got a clue! So he said he will take me to London to see a show and to stay in a hotel for the night. Fine by me!☺️ x

My first labour was 36 hours - my second actual labour was 1hr 16mins!

Both inductions though.

Oh that's quick Amelie! Yikes

myfirst was long as well 15 hours but a natural labour and second was about 4.5 Hours all In all so maybe we heading to a super quick one for us this time :haha:

I don't mind as long as its calm, I just want calm.

I'd happily have an epic 4 day pessary induction as long as it was relaxed and the baby was happy. I am more patient now than I was with DD1.

I completely agree Amelie - I also want a calm birth with me in charge as much as possible. I felt so distanced from it all last time (wasn't induced but already dilated when they gave me my first sweep on my due date and went into labour that night). I want peace to do what my body needs to do as naturally as possible so fingers crossed and hopefully no epidural and episiostomy this time..

It is a tough one for me - if I was low risk I'd probably want a home birth - I tend do be quite 'natural' in my approach with my other kids.

Unfortunately because of my GD I sort of don't have faith in my body - my body is doing something that doesn't harm me but only affects the baby :cry:

As much as my gut says 'go all natural' my brain is aware that naturally my body is creating a dangerous situation for me and baby? So I guess I am a good case of why medical intervention is needed sometimes.

With DD2 I had 2 sweeps before being induced but they didn't change much - I lost a lot of plug that was it. I will probably have sweeps again if I have a set induction date planned.

I didn't have to have an epi or episiostomy with DD2 but had all of that (and forceps) with DD1.

I think you have to try and stay informed but open minded - I am trying to this time. I badly want to make it to 40 weeks like I did with DD2 but if I need medication to keep Penelope safe then I'll do that and I honestly believe I will make the best decision at the time for me, her and my family with regards to getting her out!

Button- That's frustrating! I really don't understand sometimes why in-laws have such trouble respecting your wishes. I agree that pregnancy hormones certainly don't help matters!
I almost lost it on a group of moms at story time today. I just had to keep my mouth shut because if I had opened it, I probably would have gotten myself kicked out of story time for saying something bad. I think hormones just elevate everything.

Stripeycat- I want the same thing. Hoping for no epidural or episiotomy this time. Let's hope we all get the best birth experience possible for us!

If I was in your shoes Amelie I would do the same. I agree it's best to go into labour with an open mind, I'll have a hospital bag packed incase I need to transfer and obviously if baby isn't playing properly I may not even get to even try for a home birth. My ideal with DS was for a water birth in the birthing centre and that ended up in an episiotamy and ventouse. Whatever is needed to get baby safely into the world.

Mind you I won't be staying an extra night in hospital just because they've forgotten about me again!

Rebecca that would be a little bit funny getting kicked out of storytime, can you imagine your LO telling your OH about it when he got home, mine always drops me in it if I let him watch a bit too much tv or if I let him have a naughty treat to eat!

Oh I know he'd tell on me straight away! He would probably think I was funny.

All this labour talk! I'm trying not to think about it because the memories from dd keep flooding back and scares me! I'm just praying for a better experience than last time.

I actually dreamt I went into labour last night. I went to the hospital and was put on a bed on the A&E (like you see in Greys anatomy) and they just left me there. My labour seemed to stop but they wouldn't let me out. Next thing they come and tell me there is some disease going round so they need to swap my bum to check if I've been exposed! As they're getting ready to do it all my students arrived to see me and I kept telling them I needed privacy. I was mortified. Then dd fell out of bed so I woke up! Not cool...

Northern, I am definitely going to look for that book. I must have had 15 internal checks during the 20 hours I was in labor. I hated it & at the time I had no idea how greatly they were increasing the risk of infection! I wonder if it's different now (since our girls are close in age, seems to me a lot has changed).

Beanonorder I'm with you dreading labor based on my last experience. At least we know the second time is almost always much better! :hugs:

Had our 20-week scan today. Everything looked good to me, but I also have no idea what I'm looking at. :p What was awful though was I came very close to blacking out in the middle. I assume it was from being too flat on my back. I got nauseous & lightheaded and my head filled with pressure to the point where my ears were plugged. Had to do the rest lying on my side. Scary! Hoping it didn't hurt bean. I still feel crappy now! But baby looked great, little heart beating away, and private tech was right at 16 weeks, definitely a boy. The tech said, "I'm glad you wanted to know, because that would have been a hard one to keep from you!" :haha:

Tara, I hope so! I'm after gathering that North Americans have some of the longest labours and most interventions due to hospital procedures.

I'm aboriginal and although I'm not fully living a traditional lifestyle, I'm also not necessarily into embracing all medical procedures that people seem to deem necessary for you. I figure if my ancestors could birth with no hospitals and epidurals and whatnot, I can probably manage it in a hospital being supervised by a medical team on standby.

Preach it northern! I think the c-section rate here is also much higher because most hospitals (here in Cali at least) don't have midwives but just doctors attending births. Midwives tend to be more into letting nature take its course. Which is why I'm terrified of giving birth here as opposed to back home. But I'm gonna try and stay strong...

Bean: Thank you for your wishes :hugs: Hourly internals sounds really brutal! I don't think mine were painful...just uncomfortable. I hope your 2nd labor is much better.

Christina: LOL! I do get some "you walk like a pregnant person" too now and then!

Rebecca: I think it's good that you've opted to only take genetic counseling if there's a reason to. There's no proof it's even needed!

Northern: I will definitely look into reading that book, thank you :)

maggz: Those pains sound awful and exactly like how it used to be with me last pregnancy. I hope they ease up soon.

kristy: Good luck on your scan!

Amelie: At my old hospital they didn't do internals that often... at night before the tablet went in, in the morning when the dr came, then at 11 when I finally asked for epi, then 2 hrs later when I told them I think I need to push lol.

Button: Congrats on being halfway through!

Scottish: Wow that's really fast!! My induction went by fast too but not that fast :haha:

Going in with an open mind is something that I am strugging with this time round. My labor with dd was perfect except for being too drowsy to push because of the pethidine, but even then it put me in a high. Earlier in the pregnancy I used to say I think I'll be okay with a c-section but right now I'm 100% sure I won't be. I want a calm labor and I don't want to not have awareness of what's going on. I've not ruled out epidural but at this hospital (different than my last one) we really have to stand our grounds for epi as they don't encourage it and it's not as available as in my last hospital. So I have to be okay with not having it. This hospital though has a high c-section and intervention rate even though they don't encourage epidurals which is odd.

I think I might have a uti. I thought it was a vaginal type of burn and I saw the dr for it...she did a swab. but now I'm sure that the burn isn't vaginal at all. been having lower pelvic pains too. I was telling DH I'm tired of having to go to the hospital, anomaly scan was last week and then I went for the swab 2 days ago. I don't feel like I want to go in to get checked for a uti. he said just wait it out then it might just go away. it won't though that I know for sure.

For everyone not on fb. I had scan last night and everything looks fine. Need to go for a re scan in two weeks coz she couldn't see the heart full on only from the side but she said from what she could see it all looked fine x

Glad to hear your scan wenter well kristy.

The pain became a bit too much for me and I ended up going in...they referred me to an ob who did a u/s and ordered labs. She said there are contractions but possibly caused by the uti. They'll get back to me tomorrow about antibiotics if needed.

I'm kind of surprised how much my BP fluctuates. It was 101/72 a few days ago when I went for the swab. Then 132/80 today.

Glad your scan went well Kirsty, even if baby was being uncooperative!

Sorry you're having a rough time perplexed.

I feel like I'm entering a stage of extreme fatigue again. I just slept 9.5hrs and it killed me to wake up. So extremely tired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->