**April Bunnies 2015**

Beanonorder- That's a crazy dream! I'm sure you were so glad to wake up from that to find it wasn't real. I had a dream last night that I had my 2 kids and I kept forgetting to take care of the baby because I was so busy with my son. These dreams are something else.

Perplexed- Sorry to hear about your uti. I hope it clears up soon. I've been really trying to actively prevent one because I heard they can be easier to get when you are pregnant. I am not sure exactly why though. I am glad you were able to get checked out for it.

Kirsty- I am so glad your scan went well.

Maggz- I do feel that many U.S. hospitals make it very difficult for women to have babies. I was very lucky last time in that my doctor was different from most and she was honestly more like a midwife than an OB. At the hospital I am at, they have two options for pregnant women. You can choose to be seen by doctors or you can take the midwife route. This time, since I was unimpressed with every other doctor I met while in labor with my son, I am going the midwife route. They just built a brand new hospital and with it they have added on 3 new midwives. They all do deliveries except the first one I saw. So, I am seeing progress here! I hope this starts to become more of a standard for all hospitals.

Northern- I have also been feeling more fatigued lately! I wonder if it is some hormonal surge. I hope it passes soon for you.

I am 22 weeks today! Yay! :happydance: I was ready to be done with that last week for sure. Now just 2 weeks until VDay...c'mon Vday! Baby Holly was kicking last night and you could see it on the outside for sure. I took out my phone to record it, but she stopped every time!

I have fallen behind on reading the forum (stupid papers and studying for finals!) So I will just say, I hope everyone is doing well!! =)

Got my papers today for gestational diabetes testing. I'm showing no symptoms but it's just that time! Can't believe I'm at this point

Northern you're only a few days away from v day! How exciting. I need to remember to phone and make my appointment for next week. I really didn't enjoy the diabetes test last time so not looking forward to it.

Rebecca I could also see baby kicks from the outside last night. I was really surprised to see them already! He really is moving a lot more now so I'm enjoying that.

I met a new friend who lives in my area. Her and one of her friends are coming for dinner tonight.

Three weeks til Christmas!! Yay!

Yay for new friends beanonorder! :)

What's v day?

21 weeks - yay! That lady in the what to expect videos is so cheesy haha I almost can't watch the videos, so many puns... :dohh:

Maggz: vday is viability day. It's at 24 weeks. That's where baby has a chance of surviving if born early. For some reason I always thought it was 27 weeks and not 24.

My milestones are like this:
22 weeks- start of 6th month and maximum of 20 weeks till baby is born
24 weeks- viability
27 weeks- start of 3rd tri
30 weeks- start shopping for baby
34 weeks- pack my hospital bag
35 weeks- wash baby's clothes and pack his hospital bag
36 weeks- start of 9th month

It's going really fast for me. I can't believe I'm at 21+ now.

Pumping didn't work out too well for me last time so it has made me reluctant to spend a fortune on a good pump this time. But at the same time I really want breastfeeding to work out better. Luckily I found someone selling a medela swing electric pump for a quarter of the price so I've snapped it up. One of my colleagues is going to pick it up for me because he lives in the complex right next door to the seller. But it really has had all three (me, seller and colleague) in hysterics at the whole idea that the seller will be meeting a strange man with a moustache outside a subway exit to give him a second hand breast pump!! Thankfully my colleague is not at all phased at doing this for me and it saves me a huge trip!

Appointment made for next week. I'm pretty sure they'll do a scan too so will be nice to see baby again and discover just how big he has gotten.

I have now found that if I sit for too long I end up so stiff in my hips, thighs and groin! When I get up it feels like I've been riding a horse for two days and I walk like a cowboy!
It's going to be a long 4 months!

Beanonorder - That's great that you got a good deal on a breast pump! I loved my medela pump last time. I am hoping to not have to pump as much this time. But I had done it last time when my son had such a huge reflux issue that I wanted to see how much he was keeping down. It was a great pump. I will certainly use it again this time if I need to pump for any reason.

Perplexed- Thanks for the breakdown of milestones. I hadn't even realized that 22 weeks was the start of the 6th month. Yay!

Rebecca: I think the start of the months varies from place to place. My OBs count it by date. So I would enter a new month on the 16th (due date being the 15th) of every month but there are calendars in different places online that count it differently. I am going by the weeks rather than dates as it's easier for me, lol.

Bean: Glad you found a nicely priced breastpump! I think it is funny that the pump is going to be picked up by a guy...but not really that weird haha.

My new pram/stroller arrived. And I absolutely love it! Considering I ordered it online without actually seeing it in real life I am beyond pleased. Dd loves it too. I'll be using it for her until baby arrives.

Not too much left for me to get now: basinett, new crib mattress, some clothes, mobile, maybe some bottles and nappies. I think that's all.

I think she's prying my pelvis apart. I have never had so much pain. It's like my right hip and I guess my pubic bone really low in the front is detaching. I can't lift my legs or turn over. Last night was from hell.

Northern- That sounds excruciating! I am so sorry you are in so much pain. When is your doctor's appointment? I hope you can find some relief!

Hi everyone. Sorry I havent been around much lately - I have so much to do I just dont have the time to go online even though I love this site!

All this talk about labour... Im sticking my head in the sand a little longer and not thinking about it ;)

Lately I have been getting bad hip/back/leg pain so I saw a physiotherapist for it and she gave me some good tips on how to get in and out of bed and to avoid stairs when possible. I have also bought a special type of belt to keep my pelvis together, I hope it helps.

I also noticed that my abdominal muscles are beginning to separate which freaked me out!! I got so depressed about my body which seems to be deteriorating so I spent the rest of that evening crying. Blah!

23 weeks today, yay :)

Beanonorder, yay for a new stroller/pram! We are picking up ours soon too!

Rebecca, I hope and think everything will look ok at your ultrasound! Sounds very good that you got them to schedule the counselling for after the exam since you might not even need it!!

Northern- That sounds excruciating! I am so sorry you are in so much pain. When is your doctor's appointment? I hope you can find some relief!

I was at the doctor yesterday and she told me it's "normal". I don't think she was understanding how serious this is because it certainly doesn't feel normal. I see my GP on the 15th.

That hip/pelvic pain is sciatica usually, it is very common, but incredibly painful. I have a bit of it myself, it was agony last week, but as I've had it before pre pregnancy I'm A. a bit used to it and B. able to relieve it some bit with stretches, heat pack and pillows.

Physio or massage would be good for it.

I'm wondering if it's not SPD since it hurts so much in the front too.

Could it be pelvic girdle pain northern? It's hormone related so you can't really do much for it but strengthening your lower back and pelvis area should help a little...

I don't remember if I mentioned this before, but I really feel like my doctor doesn't listen to me. She completely brushed off my concerns about back pain and always asks me twice each appointment if I'm taking my vitamins! I'm like damn it woman can you focus for the 3 minutes that you're in the room with me?! She's nice, but it's frustrating. DH told me I should tell her next time that I shoot my vitamins down with vodka in the morning and see if she'd notice :rofl:

I'm sorry about how much pain you're in, Northern. I hope your gp takes you seriously.

Tove: happy 23 weeks!

Maggz: lol!! It seems like your Dr is programmed to ask about those vitamins. I think a lot of them are.

That's what it seems like... not impressed though. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->