**April Bunnies 2015**

Dini- for maternity jeans... I bought mine a size too big. I figured that it would be helpful so I wouldn't have to keep buying them as they are expensive. They are a bit better now but still do fall down. To keep them up I wear a pair of leggings underneath! Extra warmth for this cold Iowa weather and I don't have to keep pulling them up! :haha:

My finals are DONE!:happydance: Now... I will go buy some food. Go home. Eat said food. Then take a nap! :thumbup:

The Ben and Jerrys is calling to me from the freezer....that is all 😉 x

It's 3:45am and I'm lying here wide awake again! Plus I'm getting sick. Thank goodness it's Saturday!

Dini I'm sorry your dh is frustrating you like this. Mine tends to be like that a lot. He isn't shy or phased by not knowing people, he just often doesn't see why he should do things he doesn't want to. I hope yours comes through for you and goes with you to the mall.

I got my best maternity jeans from Target.

So I might not be returning to work after Christmas. I'll be 29 weeks but I think once I use up all my annual leave and sick days, it will lead into mat leave for me. Going to talk to my GP and see what he says about my hip/pelvic issues and if I can expect this to get worse.

Northern, I finished at 29 weeks with DD2, I was poorly with my diabetes and I don't regret finishing early.

I want to make it to 35 weeks this time...we'll see.

My tummy is moving lots from the outside now and I can feel her rolling over :flower:

Dini- I think maternity jeans (and pants in general) are tricky. I currently have 3 pairs of maternity jeans. One pair is from last time. I got them from Kohls and I love them. But I haven't seen them this time around. But they only have a half band. So, it just comes up to my belly button. They fit great though. It's just that at this point I prefer the over the belly band because I think it looks better. Then, I got a pair from Target this year. I wear them a lot because the band goes over my belly and they fit good, but I do find myself pulling them up a lot! Sometimes, I wonder if a size smaller would have been better, but maybe as my belly gets bigger they won't slide down so much. My mom got me a pair, but they are like low-rise and I feel that (maternity wear or not) low rise jeans and pregnancy just don't go together.
My absolute favorite pair of pants this time around are from Kohls and they are not jeans. They are like just a pair of casual brown pants. I wear them a ton. They fit great, the band goes over my belly, and I don't have to keep pulling them up.

I just bought some great pajamas from Sam's Club today. They are not even maternity, but they fit great and I know I will be able to wear them probably until the very end of the pregnancy. I'm so excited!

Dini I'm sorry your DH is frustrating you :( My ex was like that, not necessarily about crowds but he would never want to go out with me or meet my friends. It really brought me down too. He got better when he started anxiety/depression medication, but it's a big step to take!
Can you convince him to go somehow? I'm sure he will have fun once he's there... often it's just the thought of it that seems intimidating/overwhelming.

I made my first maternity clothing purchase today! I got a dress for DH's work's Christmas party that's next Thursday :dance: I'm so happy, I found it at the mall at Motherhood Maternity, but it was 80 bucks and I just couldn't justify getting it to use for one time. Then I saw it last night online and it was 30% off so I said f this I'm getting it! Haha. Then I got a sweater at Target and they are holding maternity leggings there for me too, they didn't have them at my closest one so I had to call around. I might just go tonight to get them :)

lol stripey go for it ;)

bean I hope you're asleep already!

Oh and YAY for finals being done Christina!!! :dance:
Only 6 more days for me.

Oh and YAY for finals being done Christina!!! :dance:
Only 6 more days for me.

Hope your finals go great!

Mine went great! Better than I had thought. The grades I got back (for finals not final grades yet) are 87, 80 (which is awesome since I didnt study for this final at all), a 99, and a 95. I had another final for my Child Welfare class but she had trouble opening it up on the system. SOOOO she said "whoever has an A right now will just get an A for the class, no final" :happydance: I'm waiting on my other grades. I had 8 classes this semester and a few of my "finals" were actually papers that aren't graded yet.

I should end my classes with either B+'s or A's and we get the final final grades by the middle of next week.

Good work Christina!

25 weeks today ! I'm so excited. Almost out of second tri!

Well done Christina! That's really great.

Exciting Northern! Time is flying by! And I am jealous of you finishing off work but I'm sorry it's because you're in so much pain.

My mom sent over the most adorable clothes for baby! And she says she has so much more there!

Thanks!

Ok so I am hoping baby really is a girl. I still have a feeling it might be despite others saying they think boy and DH going around actually calling baby by the boys name we chose (I hope he isn't completely disappointed if it is not a boy). Anyway my mom has some stuff at their house she said she'd give. My sister and I are the only girls and it is baby blankets and stuff hat my great grandma made. It would be amazing to get these things. I was so close with my great grandma.

Good job christina! And maggz I'm so glad your finals went great! I'm also glad you bought yourself that dress.

Congrats on 25 weeks northern! Just 15 weeks to go!

Well DH didn't go to the mall with me but I did manage to get two pair or maternity jeans from motherhood that fit and got a jacket for free. Got a bit of Christmas shopping done too. On the downside, I told DH that since he wasn't going shopping he was obligated to go to this casual work party at a coworkers house with me. I said we wouldn't stay long but I wanted to go and wanted him to meet some people. He said okay but when I got home his anxiety kicked in and he said no he couldn't do it. He didn't know the girl whose house it was even though he knows a few of my coworkers who would be there. I was really upset and finally gave in (after I had told several people we would be there soon). I said fine we can go to dinner then and if after that the party is still going I'll go alone but he wouldn't even leave to go get dinner. Said his nerves were shot now and he didn't want to go anywhere. I broke down, told him I refused to live like this and he would not show this side of himself to his child. DH gets this honestly, his mom won't even drive anymore because of anxiety. I Told him he has to get help because I will not have my son suffer as well as me because of his issues. I understand depression and anxiety as I've been there but I got help and now can cope without medications. He won't get help because our doctor wants to get bloodwork to rule out a physical problem first which makes sense but DH is also deathly afraid of needles. I'm thinking about trying another doctor.

I told him that since he caused me all that pain last night he needs to put his big boy pants on today and go to babies r us with me to get ideas and maybe start a registry. He said okay but we will see. Sometimes he is fine and others he's literally crippled.

Dini- I hope your husband comes around. That sounds so stressful!

I'm thinking I need to find one of those Bands to wear around my stomach. I am at the point where my dress pants are not fitting well. Have to wear them folded down under my bump but since my bump isn't hard it makes me look quite fat lol. I tried the hair tie trick and the zipper kept falling down. I think I can get a bit longer out of these pants If I find something to wear around them that will keep them up but I can keep them unbuttoned. I think my parents are sending me some $ for Christmas to get some clothes but it's hard bc I know after baby is born I won't need them. Ugh!

Pregnancy has kicked my anxiety levels into high gear. I'm officially a germophobe.

Hey guys, hope you all are having a good weekend!

Dini I'm sorry, your husband must feel horrible. You are right to push him to get help, not only must it be so difficult to live like this for him, but also for you and your whole family life. Hope he gets help sooner rather than later :flower: :hugs:

Christina try shopping around for the belly button bands, you can usually get them for free with a coupon code and just pay shipping. I have two and I use them with my tightest jeans.

So my BIL who lives with us is taking a photography class and his project this week is to take a picture he could give his mom as a Christmas present. So he took a pic of me and DH, it was like a couple/maternity photo session :) We did it at a park and didn't know we couldn't go off the trail, on our way back we came across a park ranger asking if we'd seen anyone off trail, cause it's a $1200 fine PER PERSON :blush: I felt so bad, we really should have read more of the signs before we started on the trail, but in our defense, there were little trails leading out to the trees and stuff and we just followed those. Anyways, then we went to Sears and got a freezer chest and a Shark steam mop! I'm so happy lol. I also feel very grown up ;)
I figured we'd put one of these pics on a Christmas card, I wasn't gonna do one this year cause last year DH thought it was kind of a waste of money, plus the cards will never get there in time for Christmas now that I need to order them this late! But I guess people will just see them in the new year :haha:
These are a couple of the good ones we got :)

Attachments

• img47.jpg
    img47.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 12
  • img72.jpg
    img72.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 13
  • img30.jpg
    img30.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 9
Maggz, you two are going to have one awfully gorgeous child!

That's insane about the fine! What kind of park was it?!

Maggz, those pics are gorgeous! Maybe the signs should be bigger!!

Haha, Northern, I find I'm a bit more aware of germs than before as well, wouldn't call myself a germaphobe yet but I wash my hands and clean high touch surfaces much more!

Well, DH did go with me to Babies R Us and before that he went to Walmart and another store to do some Christmas shopping with me and my friend, I was shocked. Babies R Us was kind of pointless, of course this time of year the Toys R Us section was packed. We looked at travel systems and I am glad we went because I never thought about needing one with an adjustable handle but DH pointed it out as I'm short and he's tall so that really limits our options. I'd like to stay under $300 but I don't want the cheapest either and the ones that had the adjustable handles were either $400 or $169 and cheaply made. They didn't have a lot of the stuff I wanted to look at but did have some, found a play yard I like, DH thinks it's too expensive but I figure if we get it great, if not we can get a cheaper one. I started putting things on an Amazon.com registry tonight but I just can't look at another car seat tonight!

Do you ladies have any recommendations on baby slings? I feel like that would be more comfortable than the soft carrier.

At least I got some Christmas shopping done!

Maggz- Beautiful pictures!! You all look great! I especially love the one in the middle.

Dini- Sorry you are going through some stuff with your husband and anxiety. I do hope he can get help for it. That has to be rough. I do not have a recommendation on a sling because I only had a baby bjorn with my son. But I wouldn't really recommend it. I wasn't much of a baby wearer with him. I might be more so this time to have free hands, but it was more inconvenient with my son. I couldn't eat without getting crumbs on his head. And he spit up so much that I usually ended up with spit up all down my chest and stomach and all over his body. I am going to try the mei tai this time. I want something simple. And I need hands free if this baby is like my son and doesn't want to be put down. I don't really like the big wraps. I tried a moby one time with my son, but I didn't like it because I felt it was just too much fabric. But my cousin loved her moby wrap. That's another one of those things where every baby is different and every mom is different! I plan on going to the store after baby is here and trying some on. And for all I know, she will enjoy being put down and I'll be just fine with that.

Sorry that was long and rambling. I'm spent. The cookie exchange lasted 5 hours. I wasn't expecting that and I'd been on the go all morning before that. I got complimented on my bump, which made me feel good. I love it when people say nice things. I constantly was told I must be having a "big baby" with my son..which basically translated to me as "you're huge." Sometimes, I wonder if some people think before they speak to a pregnant woman. lol

I like the idea of going to the store after baby is born to try them on. Thanks Rebecca!

The cookie exchange sounds exhausting. I wouldn't think one would last that long!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->