**April Bunnies 2015**

Five hours is a really long time for a cookie exchange! That would be exhausting!

I've had as few different carriers - by far the best for me is my Ergo. My 4 y/o still goes in it sometimes, so it has been worth the money!

Thanks girls you make me blush :)

northern I guess maybe it was some sort of nature reserve? Lol I must sound very ignorant but I don't know the area very well and DH's cousin suggested it would be a good spot for pics with the trees and all that. I'm sure it said somewhere before we started walking that you couldn't go off trail, but on the other hand there were a lot of little unmarked trails that lead off the bigger ones. So I'm confused :haha:

Just got home from work, kind of annoyed and VERY tired. It was just one of those days. Thankfully no rude customers. But my manager sent everyone home but me at the end of the shift so I could finish silverware, so I stayed 45 minutes longer than everyone else. :dohh:

As for the carriers I got the Seven Sling for free so I'm gonna try that one since I have literally no idea what will work for me or the baby. I think you're right Rebecca, it probably depends on each baby and parents what works each time :)

It definitely varies so much. I am short and petite and struggle with wraps as the material swamps me!

I couldn't get on with a mei tai and with DD1 I had a traditional baby bjorn type but they really aren't great for the baby...

The ergo is good for us as it goes front and back and I can wear it and DH too. I see we'll use it loads this time.

Gorgeous gorgeous photos maggz!!!

I hope to try out baby wearing this time As my ds was a constant feeder and needed settled every 20-30 mins for first few Months so if this baby is similar then I defo need a carrier to keep him settled while attending to ds!

Amelie you know sooz? She's on my Friends list on fb. Mason and my ds were born the same day like 3 hours apart lol she mentioned you on fb and I was like I know her she's in my April group lol :flower:

Yes, I have known Sooz since WTT with DD1...so like 5 years or so, hehe.

We have met up a couple of times as a part of a core group of BnBers who got to know each other around that time.

Her DD was born the May after Ivy in the December.

So hard to meet up now lots of us have more than one child and we live spread all over the country though.

Great photos Maggz! Nice memory to have.

Rebecca that is long for a cookie exchange! Did you get some nice cookies?

I really want to try baby wearing more this time. I have a moby wrap which I found nice with a newborn. Except that it is a bit of a mission putting on. I have an ergo now which I've used with dd and it's super comfortable. I got the infant insert so that will probably be my go to carrier. I was also given a baby sense sling so I might give that a go too. I couldn't get the hang of it with dd but hoping for more patience this time!

I'm so jealous that you have been able to have meetups. I've literally never met another person on here from NL in 7 years! I know lots in Nova Scotia and Ontario though that I would love to meet up with.

I felt like 5 hours was long for a cookie exchange as well. I told my husband I thought maybe 2 hours, and he agreed. I have lived in this part of Georgia before and I have known this friend since then. I went to 2 other cookie exchanges at her house in those prior years, and I don't remember it being that long and drawn-out. But it was kind of her doing, and I'm wondering if she did it on purpose to keep people there because her husband had gone out of town and she didn't want to be alone.
The cookie exchange started at 1. She had made a lasagna. I was a tiny bit late getting there. She wanted me to bring my son and we got there at about 1:10. Everyone was sitting around talking. At 2:30, everyone was still just sitting around talking. My son was blunt and asked her when we were going to get to the cookie exchange, and she said after we eat lasagna. But he started getting restless, so I said I was going to take him home and come back. I actually didn't want to eat that late because I'd had lunch at 11 not knowing there would be a meal there. And then my husband was grilling burgers for dinner at 6. I got back and she didn't even take the lasagna out of the oven until after 3. So, I guess she didn't even put it in until 1? Some people hadn't eaten since breakfast and were starving and said, "Finally, can we eat now?" And she said we had to wait for the garlic bread that she was just then putting in the oven. I don't think we ate until at least 3:30! I didn't want to be rude, but I barely ate anything because it was so late and I knew I had dinner in just a few hours. Even after we ate, she was in the kitchen doing dishes while we just sat around talking some more.
Another of her friends cut to the chase and said, "We need to get on with this cookie exchange." Literally everyone pitched in to get it going because I don't think any of us really wanted to just be sitting around socializing for that long. So it took that long basically because we couldn't leave without doing the cookie exchange and we all had to wait on this lasagna to even do the cookie exchange. She has some very blunt friends who told her it was taking too long.
But anyway, I don't know. I know it was kind of bad of her as a hostess to do things like that. But I also know that she was having a hard time because her husband wasn't there. And he wasn't there because his family invited him to a party at their house on purpose because she was doing her cookie exchange and they didn't want her there. So, I don't think she wanted to be alone yesterday.

But, yes, I brought home some great cookies! One cool thing was that there were no 2 cookies that were the same. I have some no-bake rice krispy chocolate cookie, chocolate chip, cinnamon nut, my own dark chocolate peppermint, chocolate cinnamon, bourbon balls (my husband is devouring those!), white chocolate peanut butter, and brownie cookies. I have to watch myself so I don't eat half of them.

We are doing a work cookie exchange tomorrow. I'm making Oreo truffles. Have them made but need to dip them in chocolate now. I made a second batch to have here over Christmas.

God I can't wait until April when I can eat cookies. Or anything nice again!

GD makes me eat like a saint! I can't even eat most fruit!!!

They're literally so easy. Crush a bag of Oreos and blend with a block of cream cheese. Roll into balls, chill for 10 mins and dip in chocolate.

Amelie that's lovely you all met up! We have a lovely group of girls on our August group and we are all quite close now but we live all around the world so a meet up would be difficult :haha: but would love it at same time!

Northern bet they taste delicious I love cream cheese and Oreos so they are a win :thumbup:

I think we have done 4 meets now - we are all UK based but from cheshire, sheffield, cambridgeshire, a few around London, hertfordshire and I'm in Oxfordshire. Public transport with multiple kids isn't a fun prospect and it would involve a lot of driving to meet up now :(

That's excellent! :D yea I can imagine as the child numbers grow it is harder to arrange meet ups! In my group we all live in Scotland, England, Wales , Ireland, America, Canada, equador and one girl just moved to New Zealand so it would be almost immpossible to arrange that meet up :haha:

Rebecca that sounds veeeery drawn out. But glad you got all kinds of cookies!

So I think we're set on baby stuff! Got the crib, a 4 pack of onesies, and some socks! :haha:

I used to think I wouldn't like baby wearing but if he wants to be held a lot I think I'd like to have my hands free. DH says he wont do it but we will see lol.

After talking with dh last night- at nearly midnight- it seems as if I agreed to try to have two kids before 30. I'll be 29 a month after this baby is born. Meaning Id have to be pregnant again by September. Haha.

I don't think I'm going to get something to wear to hold baby. But with the pain I usually get in my shoulders I fear it would hurt. Maybe dh would wear something. then again I never really thought about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->