**April Bunnies 2015**

Your bumps look beautiful all of you!!!

I decided to take the day off despite losing hours because I'm still feeling crummy and weak. Weird thing is I don't have a sore throat or anything. I've had a cough but nothing major. I think my body is just fighting off whatever it is I've got. I am starting to feel a bit better after a shower but I am just wiped out.

Baby boy is moving though so I'm sure he has no idea I don't feel good lol. I do wish he'd move more, it's so light, but I should count my blessings since my placenta is anterior.

Northern, I was appauled at what that intern did, that's so rude. I just don't get people sometimes!!

Great bump pictures Scottish and Stripeycat! You both look fantastic!

Maggz- Thank you! We have the same problem with our stuff smelling bad. Sometimes my husband doesn't even shower at his parents' house because he feels like he stinks regardless. So he'll shower as soon as he is away from there and we wash all of our stuff. I think he might be starting to lean toward leaving Christmas Eve night. I sure hope so!

Dini- I am glad you are getting some extra rest today. Sorry you weren't feeling better!

Had my scan today and I'm on team :blue:

https://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n33/emmwason/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/2B16632C-CB09-4E51-A120-6AFEF9DEAD71.png.jpeg

Apparently a week makes a difference. Bump sure does look higher than it was this week than last.

So far all day today I have had this heavy rolling feeling. But it's not constant. It is a few inches under my belly button and then more towards the bottom of my bump. The feeling lasts for maybe 3-5 seconds and then stops for a while. Then it comes back. Started early this morning after breakfast and hasn't stopped yet.

10836162_10103408009273941_1887389312_n.jpg

Even my 10lb 4oz nephew was in some larger sized newborn clothes for a while!

I like Next 'up to 1 month' size, fitted my 7lb 7oz DD at birth but lasted a good while.

This is my 24 week bump! Although it doesn't look incredibly low in the pic, baby is basically sliding over my pubic bone. It feels like she is going to just drop right out one day.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 4
Amelie I am hoping to get some up to 1 month onsies in next sale as I always get a vip slot :D love their baby clothes!

Lovely bumps all x

Congrats on team blue imaginary x

Soooooo.... I am having a GIRL:pink:

She was pretty active and the tech was having issues getting all that she needed but she showed her parts right away! I am so over the moon, there was a tiny little bit of gender disappointment but it lasted a whole 5 minutes. I can't wait to see her :cloud9:

Attachments

• DSCF1231.jpg
    DSCF1231.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5
Congrats on the blue bump imaginary!

Congrats on the pink bump beauty!

Northern your bump is precious!!

I think I'm overwhelming myself looking at lists of must have items for baby. I really hope we get a decent amount at the shower.

Anybody ever hear about or use gDiapers? I want to do cloth but the gDiapers with disposable liners seem like a good option if I don't want to go all in especially in the first few weeks. Was just curious if anyone has any experience with them.

Dini, take those lists with a grain of salt. Do you have any friends with babies? Ask them what they really use. I didn't know anyone with babies so I thought we needed it all, and we had sooo much junk for DD that we didn't need. Focus on the basics now, as once the baby comes you'll have time to get feeding stuff, toys, and other items based on what your baby prefers and your parenting style. Before birth you just need some clothes, burp cloths or muslin swaddling blankets (my mom friends all swear by the latter), a safe place for him to sleep, diapers, wipes, diaper cream & ointment, a changing pad of some kind, a car seat (I love the kind that clicks into a stroller, then back into the car), and a few blankets (like 3). Maybe a 3-pack of bottles just in case, since you'll want a few eventually anyway.

Girls, anyone else have must-haves I missed? I need this list for myself, too; it's so easy to get carried away! :p

Congrats to those who have found out the gender!

Northern that intern was shocking!

I agree with what everyone has been saying about newborn size. My dd was almost 3 months old before she fitted into the 0 to 3 months clothes! H&M here does some nice up to one month old stuff so I'm hoping to get stuff there. Otherwise I'll get stuff online.

Dd is getting a cold again. She spent most of the night restless cos she couldn't breathe. She insisted the only place she could sleep was between me and the pregnancy pillow. So I've basically been awake since 2:30am. Its 9am and I'm ready to crash. And today is such a long day...

I got distracted thinking about my list!!

Congrats on the new pink and blue bumps! Exciting. Beautymyth, I am a bit jealous of your girl. My gender disappointment has taken longer to fade, although it's mostly gone now. :) there can be something really special about the bond between sisters!

CUTE bumps Northern, Rebecca, Christina... Scottish? Who else put up theirs? Darn baby brain... :p

Beanonorder, I'm so sorry you got the news you didn't want. Sounds like most likely everything will be fine, but I'm so sorry you have to deal with so much stress and uncertainty!

Stroller & car seat should be here on Friday!

I really wish I was sleeping better. It's not like sleeping is going to get easier from here on out! I'm exhausted. :sleep: But other than that, I do feel really, really lucky that this pregnancy is going so well (knock on wood) and smoothly, especially after last time was such a bumpy road. Baby boy is moving lots despite the anterior placenta, and I'm just really glad things seem to be good. :thumbup:

TaraCathryn Gender disappointment lasted A LOT longer with my first daughter, I was devastated for months, even a couple months after I had her. It didn't change the way I loved her, I just really wanted a boy, especially for my first.

I really wanted one this time but I was putting it in God's hands and asked him to just give me a healthy pregnancy( lol yeah right) and baby this time, so that is what I put in my head. I was kind of expecting it since her daddy( aka sperm donor lol) has two girls from other women, apparently he cannot produce boys :p

Congrats on the blue bump imaginary!

Congrats on the pink bump beauty!

Northern your bump is precious!!

I think I'm overwhelming myself looking at lists of must have items for baby. I really hope we get a decent amount at the shower.

Anybody ever hear about or use gDiapers? I want to do cloth but the gDiapers with disposable liners seem like a good option if I don't want to go all in especially in the first few weeks. Was just curious if anyone has any experience with them.

Two of my friends have them and love them. They recommended them to me but I went with Fuzzibunz and Charlie Bananas.

I think I'm going to put both girls in one room and do this theme.

https://www.spearmintbaby.com/2014/...aign=Feed:+spearmintbaby/sqLA+(spearmint+baby)

I've been addicted to Pinterest trying to come up with ideas for the nursery. My parents are coming in February and my dad is going to help paint and get things set up w/ my husband. I don't know what theme I want. Or colors. Or what kind of furniture. I Suddenly feel like I'm running out of time. I know that sounds crazy but ahhhh!

My mom just told me my cousin is pregnant. Well 2nd cousin. Hope all goes well for her. She is due in July. =]

I'm pretty sure that rolling feeling is the baby. I may put this kid in gymnastics!! Ha!!

Northern that room is stunning! I wish I could do things like that. I'm not allowed to paint or drill so can't even put pictures up.
I have decided I want to look into moving next summer when my current lease is up so I'm not even going to bother setting the room up for both kids. I'll just leave it for dd for now.

Christina I can't remember if I previously posted the thread about useful and useless purchases on here before. Obviously it's very subjective but I found it helpful last time to at least get some ideas of the things I should look into.
It does all seem really overwhelming right now. My advice is to think about what kind of a family you are and what kind of mom you are hoping to be. For example if you want try baby wearing then research what's on offer and choose a couple to get. Don't buy too much right now. The shops will still sell things after baby is born and you have a feel for what he or she likes.

Northern that theme is GORGEOUS! I am in love! Think my son would like it? :haha:

Sub out the pink for a deeper blue to go with the grey, white and yellow! Haha!

I love it. I could separate the two kids but I'm a big fan of cosleeping and even though they won't be cosleeping, I'm a fan of them sharing the same room, especially later on. I don't think humans are meant to sleep alone!

Northern that theme is so pretty! I can't decidenwhat colors to go with. The room is a green apple color, and I either want navy and grey and white or turquoise, grey and brown to go with it.

Tara thanks for the list. I actually found a good one that pretty much said what you did and have the "nice to have"'things that you can get later. I think I'm just overwhelmed at the price of some things. I think we will get a travel system because I also like the idea of putting the carrier into the stroller. I know I want a pack n play, the crib of course( at some point) a rocker for his room, an baby bouncer of some sortand that seems to be the big stuff I'm thinking about. DH's cousin is giving us a cradle and letting us use their video baby monitor which is great. I don't think the cradle will work for in our room though since I want to breast feed and I'd like to not have to get up to get him so I'm debating on a cosleeper but part of me just wants to use what is given to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->