**April Bunnies 2015**

So I went to the doctor today and I have to get another ultrasound to check baby's positioning. He won't put me off work until he sees if it's SPD or just the weight of the baby on my bones. I don't really get that. If I'm in pain, I'm in pain. Rawr.

Rebecca, that sounds like your grandma knows what she wants! I love little old people who are like that. I'm so glad they are taking her back where she wants to be and hospice will do a great job keeping her comfortable. I hope that will make your mom feel better as well.

So I got most of my shopping done, what a long day. Also had to get the oil changed in the car so I spent a lot of money lol.

Everything I put in my mouth today even water is making my reflux worse. I took a Zantac before I ate dinner but I know I'm going to be awake all night even if I don't go to bed for 4 more hours.

I ran I to my cousin at the store and she is due today but no sign of baby yet, she said she is in the right position but nothing is happening so she goes back on Wednesday and may get induced.

Annoying Northern!

I think it helped LO#1 to love baby wearing because I wore him right away, even in hospital!

About the age question- I turned 26 the end of September, so will be 26 when Reed is born. I was 24(a few months shy of 25) when Joey(my oldest) was born. For whatever reason I always had a feeling I'd have a baby at 24(weird intuition), and then after I had him I got the same weird feeling about 26, and I told my DH. We thought it was funny, but put no stock in it because we didn't think we would be having another for a long time, if we ever did have another. Curious if I will get the feeling after I have Reed- Because I have no idea if we are finished or not.

Also DS1 giving his baby brother some kisses on vday :cloud9: He just woke up so his hair is crazy. I swear I brush it :haha:

https://i61.tinypic.com/2v8691i.jpg

I have been feeling baby a lot this last week at all different hours. I just laid down in bed and was feeling pokes so I figured why not see what happens. Put my hand on the spot where I've been feeling those pokes. I had to press down a bit as I'm not the skinniest person in the world and I felt baby kick my hand! =] first time! So cool.

Okay now I'm off to bed =] I was just excited so I had to share =]

Counting that is such a cute picture!

Dini sorry about the reflux. I have days where even water gives me heartburn and it's awful.

Greygirl lovely pictures! When I get on the computer I'll try post some of mine.

Dd woke up vomiting this morning. She's been going the whole day. I took her to the doctor but she hasn't even been able to keep the medicine down. Have to be so careful about dehydration. My nanny is also sick. She came to work but I feel bad so I've ended up staying home and she is going to go home soon.

So sorry to hear about your grandmother Rebecca :hugs: hope they can wean her off oxygen soon and she'd be ok without it.

Counting that pic so so cute! I thought it was a bf pic but then I thought hmm that doesn't look like bf'ing lol. I understand about your ds' hair. I have really wild (wilder than your ds' cute hair) and people often assume I haven't brushed it. Now dd has inherited similar hair and people always ask why it's not brushed!!

Dini: sorry about your heartburn. I haven't had too many cases of heartburn these days but when I do have it, it's quite awful. These days water makes me nauseous which sucks as I'm trying to drink more.

Bean: so sprey about your dd (and the nanny too). I hope they're both feeling better soon.

Yay for kicks Christina.

Lovely pic counting, my LOs hair goes a bit mad like that sometimes, normally on one side.

Dini, do you have gaviscon where you are? I lived on it with DS. Also try propping yourself up to sitting with lots of pillows in bed.

Beanonorder hope your daughter feels better soon and I hope you don't catch it.

Nah, just my extremely stretch marked(from last pregnancy) belly :haha:

I do need to take a breastfeeding picture again though I think, just to have. I know my son will likely wean soon and I will be nursing a new little babe so I would like something to preserve the memory of our special nursing bond. I have some from when he was smaller but nothing from 1 year+

So my gestational diabetes test came back high and now I have to get the longer test done. I'm so pissed.

Amelie you said that you've had it, how long have they let you go? I can't remember what they said. I can't be induced so if this second test comes back again and it says I have it, and they want me to have the baby early, that means a definite c section.

Such a sweet pic counting :flower:

Sorry about your grandma Rebecca :hugs:

northern why would they want the baby out early? Are there risks with GD? Hope it goes well and you'll get your VBAC hon :)

Counting- I think your son looks fine. He looks like a typical kid first thing in the morning to me. That is such a sweet picture. I love it when my son kisses my belly. :)

Northern- I hope they can figure out what the reason for the pain is. Although, I am with you in that pain is pain and I don't get why it matters. Sorry you have to go back and do the 3 hour test. I'm going to have to do that one from the get-go. But maybe it will come back just fine. I hope it does!
My husband's cousin's girlfriend (that sounds so much more distant from us than she is) has GD, and they are doing a C-Section on her on her due date. Her GD is pretty bad, and she is not taking good care of herself with it either. She has not regulated her diet at all. She is having a c-section by her own choice. She had never even planned on trying a VBAC. Personally, I think her baby is going to come early, but we'll see!

Beanonorder- I hope your little girl gets better soon. Hopefully, she can start to hold something down! That has to be so difficult.

Things are just constantly up and down with my grandmother. They were actually able to take the full oxygen mask off and just put her on a nasal one and she was doing good last night. She even ate dinner! My mom sent me a picture of her and her color looked really good. But she sort of took a turn for the worse during the night and her vitals weren't looking so good. Now, it's her heart that's having trouble. My mom was with her this morning and said she was improving from last night. There's just no knowing. She is still in the hospital because they felt they should wait one more day before releasing her. Now, I think they are going to wait another day for that. I'm ready to hit the road if I need to, but there is no knowing with her. She has bounced back from some crazy stuff before. I thought for sure she wasn't going to pull out of the lung problems this time, but she did!

Baby Holly seems to be doing good! I can feel her on the outside now even when I can't feel her from the inside! It's so weird. I'll have my hand on my belly and feel something and if my hand wasn't there, I never would have known she moved. She was extremely active yesterday. Today she is quieter, but I noticed she has patterns like that. One day, I'll feel constant action and then the next is just occasional movements. I keep trying to record her movements so my mom and MIL can see them, but it's nearly impossible. Either she doesn't move or even when she does, you can barely tell in the video. Meanwhile, it's really obvious in person!

Such a sweet pic counting :flower:

Sorry about your grandma Rebecca :hugs:

northern why would they want the baby out early? Are there risks with GD? Hope it goes well and you'll get your VBAC hon :)

Around here they routinely induce from 38+ weeks for gestational diabetes. Sometimes GD babies are really big, so they don't usually let you go overdue.

I see. Well that would suck. Fx for you!

Rebecca I've noticed patterns like that with mine too, some days he'll be super active day and night, but others, like today, he's just a-chillin although I feel him occasionally.

I have a Christmas party at work tonight (very informal) and it's a potluck. I put myself down to bring a dessert and I have no idea what to make! Then there will also be a gift exchange and I am just so not thinking of anything cute or clever. Ideas welcome!

Sorry Northern :hugs:

I had DD1 at just 39 weeks and DD2 at 39+5. If you are on insulin or metaformin it is a straight 38 week induction.

Maggz - the risks are big baby but also excess fluid. The main risk is that the placenta degrades more quickly after 38 weeks - obviously less so the better the control but regardless of the control the placenta suffers - they don't know why.

The baby can also have low blood sugar at birth.

It is a crappy complication but having done this 3 x now - at least you can have a go at controlling it. I am aiming again for a 40 week induction or there abouts - lots can change though.

:hugs:

I hope you don't have it Northern. It is very upsetting finding out about it the first time it happens :hugs:

Northern sorry about your gd results. I've heard a number of people say they got a positive on the one hour test but we're fine on the 3 hour one. And for this reason some doctors don't even bother with the one hour. I just had to do the three hour one.

Maggi I'm supposed to be going to a potluck Christmas party on Friday and raking a gift. I have no ideas for either and this is making me think I won't go. I really have no time to make something or go and buy something.

Rebecca sorry things are still so uncertain with your grandmother. We had a similar situation with mine last year. After a fall they found a problem with her heart and not enough oxygen circulating. It was touch and go for months. I was very grateful she managed to hang on until I made it back home and she got to meet her great granddaughter.

Dd was still vomiting at 8pm last night. I have her medicine and about 4 teaspoons of liquid. Then she went to sleep. She woke up at 2:20am and wanted to drink. Shame, she was so thirsty but I didn't want to to give her too much. Thank goodness she kept it down and went back to sleep. She woke up at 5:40am and wanted more. Again she kept it down and went back to sleep. So I have left her home with the nanny and am hoping she is on the mend.

I'd pass a 3 hour test but get sky high results on a 1hr?

What do they count that result as - do you know?

In the UK they do fasting, 1hr and then 2hr. The logic being by 2hrs you should be back to a fasting level.

Current research suggests it is the peak (so 1hr) that does the damage - which is why my hospital policy on monitoring has changed.

I know there is a big variation around the world on how GD is handled. In the US for example as a 2nd + time Mum with GD I'd be on medication without even being allowed to try diet control.

I think being medicated off the start would depend on your doctor here. I would like to think they would let you diet control if you had been successful in your first pregnancy. I'm getting the two hour test done, not the three.

Amelie I'm not quite sure how it works. I haven't done much research into it. Its mostly on here I've read what people had to say about the different tests.

Here's a picture of my little guy from last weeks scan and a picture of me at 23+3.

Attachments

• IMG-20141214-WA0038.jpg
    IMG-20141214-WA0038.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 23 weeks (2).jpg
    23 weeks (2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads