**April Bunnies 2015**

So my grandmother passed away last night. My mom had called me yesterday as well as my cousins and my sister because the hospice nurse said she thought it was the time to have anyone who wanted to say goodbye to my grandmother say it while she was alive. She didn't think my grandmother would make it through the night. She was right. I am glad I got to tell her I love her. My son told her he loved her too.
I wish I could have given her a hug and a kiss.

On the bright side of things, I've officially reached Vday! And Holly seems to be celebrating that as well because she is extremely active.

I'm so sorry for your loss Rebecca and I'm glad you got the chance to say goodbye. Congrats on V day.

Rebecca: yay for v day.
I am so sorry to hear about your grandma. It's hard to loose someone especially around the holidays.

Baby has been quite active this last week. I feel movement strongly, down low, almost all day long. most active mid morning and late at night. =] I'm thinking baby is really close to my bladder. Or jumping on it like a trampoline.though I don't know how to tell. I can't stop going!! And I go like 30-40 min after I go when I have a drink and usually i don't have another drink right away. The bad part is when I'm at my internship there are times where I just have to hold it. Goodness is that hard to do.

So sorry Rebecca. I lost both of my grandparents on the same side 4 months apart last year, one being over Christmas. It's tough, especially this time of year.

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother Rebecca hugs 😞. Congratulations on V-day though it must a relief to reach that point. Another week and a bit for me - v-day will be Christmas Day thinking about it!

Christina - my bubba has also been very active this week although a lot at night which may not be a good sign! With DS he was very much a mover and a shaker in the daytime but at night he would be quite settled. This lo is def more active at night, I know whether I just feel it more then cos I am so busy in the day and also sleeping more lightly because I think as a Mum any little thing can wake you up in the night. Anyhoodle I do hope they continue the good sleep trait just like their big brother!

Northern I hope you don't have GD but if you do at least they have caught it reasonably early. They don't routinely test in Wales until 28 weeks and I have to have the test cos my Dad is diabetic. It came back ok last time though so fingers crossed.

I went shopping yesterday it was a loooong day. DS is just entering the temper tantrum stage and actually lay flat on his front for 10 mins having an alright strop about having his reins on! I think he is just to be a stubborn nut like his father 😊. I do hope that this stage passes nice and quickly but I think that may be wishful thinking!

So sorry Rebecca. When I was pregnant with my oldest, my great grandmother passed away, and then the same week I had to be induced my grandfather passed away and it was his funeral. Extremely difficult to loose loved ones, especially when you are pregnant and trying to celebrate a new life. When my son was born, we had the amazing surprise- myself and DH, both brown eyed, gave birth to our son, with the exact big beautiful blue grey eyes my grandfather had. I always see my son and remember what an amazing, loving man he was.

Thanks everyone! It definitely is a lot harder than I ever thought it would be. I wasn't expecting her to live forever, but it's just hard to lose anyone you love. I was extremely close with my grandmother--closer than any of her other grandchildren. There are only 4 of us who are her grandchildren..my sister, myself, and my two cousins. But I know that she is better off now as well.

Counting- My cousin is having an extremely hard time of it all right now because she is due in January and cannot come out this way because she'd have to fly. And she is not cleared to fly. She is so sad that she cannot make it to see everyone. She is having a girl and loosely naming her after my grandmother (not because this happened though--they planned that months ago). My grandmother's name is Margaret and they are naming their daughter Margo. I am hoping that welcoming her little girl into her life with a similar name will help her with the hurt she is experiencing of not being able to be there right now. She also looks the most like my grandmother out of all of us, so I bet that would be neat if her baby looks like my grandmother. I hope it can help her like how looking at your son helped you.

Rebecca I'm so sorry for your loss. Big hugs x
Congrats on v-day. Seeing as it's past midnight here it's v-day for me!

Stripey I know what you mean about baby being much more active at night this time. I never had sleep issues last time but this time I am and I feel him so much while trying to fall asleep.

Dd seems to have picked up a nasty virus! The vomiting has stopped but now she has horrific diarrhea. Its 2am here and I've just done the second nappy change since she asked to go to bed at 7:30pm. Which is also a clear sign she is very sick. She's never asked to go to bed before and she hasn't fallen asleep at 7:30 since before dh left.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother Rebecca. Thoughts are with you and your family.

Hope you're dd gets better soon bean! My DS has picked up another bug and I hope he feels better by Christmas!

So sorry Rebecca :hugs: that's fabulous that you got to tell her you loved Her. I hope you are doing ok as I can't imagine how painful it is to loose such a close relative but she seems to have had a great long life :D xxxxxx

Is anyone else reaching a point where they feel disgusting? I feel enormous. I'm tired 100% of the time and generally have given up on making an attempt to look normal. I haven't totally given up on myself but mat pants aren't exactly flattering and I usually end up sticking on a shirt/sweater and a scarf. Very minimal makeup, I couldn't care less about my hair. But I feel disgusting. I don't want OH to look at me, I don't want to go out to the Christmas parties we have going on this week. I would just as soon hibernate by myself so I don't have to look at anyone and they don't have to look at me. There are literally days when I make sure I'm in bed in the dark when he comes home so I don't have to deal with it. I feel like every bit of weight I'm gaining is going to my face!

I have been feeling very out of breath for about three days. A lot is when I'm watching tv (I usually lay on my back) but even just walking up or down the stairs in my house. Or down the driveway to grab the mail. Is that normal?

Very sorry about your grandmother Rebecca. :hugs: Do you have a long trip to go out to see your family?

northern - that sucks you're feeling like that, can you maybe treat yourself to get your hair done and a few makeup products? It always makes me feel more confident when I wear nice looking makeup, doesn't have to be much. I do feel you on the clothes though, it's getting cold here and I feel like I wear the same thing every day. It's getting kinda old. I just want leggings and big sweaters lol.

Christina being out of breath is totally normal, try laying on your side more so oxygen flows more freely throughout. But yeah it's normal, so don't worry :)

ONE MORE FINAL tomorrow and then I'm done. I am so excited to be done but I'm dreading the test itself.
Blah, other than that, nothing new!

I have to go to the renal clinic at the hospital because of my high blood pressure and kidney disease my last appointment she said I will have to be going every two weeks, so today when I went( two weeks after my other appointment) she said I don't have to see her for a month now because my blood work and my urine is looking good! My blood pressure has been really well behaved this pregnancy( it was my last too though) so things are starting to look up a little bit better for me now.. Prayers do really help :D

still means that I will be induced though because I am so high risk but still... Oh I also FINALLY gained some weight this pregnancy, 3 pounds so far :happydance:

Christina if you're carrying high you will have breathing issues as baby gets bigger. Try clasping both your hands above your head and stretching them as high as you can and take deep breaths. It expands your rib cage and your lungs have more room to expand. I was doing a presentation in university one time last time I was pregnant and I huffed and puffed so much through it the prof stopped me to ask if I was ok. How embarrassing.

Very sorry about your grandmother Rebecca. :hugs: Do you have a long trip to go out to see your family?

northern - that sucks you're feeling like that, can you maybe treat yourself to get your hair done and a few makeup products? It always makes me feel more confident when I wear nice looking makeup, doesn't have to be much. I do feel you on the clothes though, it's getting cold here and I feel like I wear the same thing every day. It's getting kinda old. I just want leggings and big sweaters lol.

Christina being out of breath is totally normal, try laying on your side more so oxygen flows more freely throughout. But yeah it's normal, so don't worry :)

ONE MORE FINAL tomorrow and then I'm done. I am so excited to be done but I'm dreading the test itself.
Blah, other than that, nothing new!

Thanks. I lay on my sides a lot when sleeping (though I do flip around quite often). I guess I'll start laying on my side more when on the couch watching TV too.

Good luck on your final! How much more school do you have left? Despite missing so many classes at the beginning of this semester I ended with 5 A's, 2 B's and 1 B+. =)

Thanks. I'll try that. I honesty have no idea if I am carrying high. Someone I saw today said it looks like I'm carrying low. I don't even know how to tell. All I know is when I stand up straight and look down I can't see my feet :haha:

Christina if you're carrying high you will have breathing issues as baby gets bigger. Try clasping both your hands above your head and stretching them as high as you can and take deep breaths. It expands your rib cage and your lungs have more room to expand. I was doing a presentation in university one time last time I was pregnant and I huffed and puffed so much through it the prof stopped me to ask if I was ok. How embarrassing.

Yay it's v-day for me!

Christina well done on your results!
I am also suffering with the breathlessness. I sometimes even get it when lying on my side. The other day in class I was also huffing and puffing. It was awful! It has made me really conscious of being on my back too.

Northern sorry for the way you are feeling. I'm starting to feel that way because it's so cold and I keep adding layers to keep warm. Makes me feel huge...

Maggz good luck for your last final!

Dd is still not well. She slept through, even with the nappy changes, but was still exhausted this morning. I did manage to get her to drink some rehydrate and eat some banana. So I'm now at school. But I'm running in fumes. Dh made me so mad, he was telling me to go to work and let the nanny take her to the doctor so I said I needed to know my daughter was OK. He told me to stop speaking like she's only mine and I just thought what an ass. He hasn't seen her since Saturday and I'm the one who's had to take her to the doctor, clean up all the vomit and wake up for her every night. He's using the excuse of he's too sick to come out to us. It just makes me mad that he hasn't even stopped once to thank me for doing it all.

Maggz- It is a twelve hour drive from here. We are changing our Christmas plans now. What we are going to do is leave here on Friday and go to my in-laws' house in North Carolina, which is 9 hours from us. We will spend one night there. And then we are leaving for Virginia on Saturday morning to get to my parents' house. So, it's 3 hours from my in-laws' house. The funeral is at 3:30 PM. So, that should give us enough time to get up there and get put together for the funeral.

The burial is Monday and I actually have some family I haven't seen in years coming for it. I am looking forward to seeing them.

I am not sure how much I will be on this forum in the next few days. I will be so busy starting tomorrow. I have my level II ultrasound appointment tomorrow to check baby Holly's heart. The appointment is supposed to take 2 hours. Then, I have my 24 week appointment at 8 AM on Friday. Sometime maybe around 11 or so we will leave. So, in the rest of my time tomorrow, I have to get ready to go.

Right now, we have told my son that Santa is coming a little early. I'm waiting to make sure that he is asleep and Santa is supposed to come tonight. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->