**April Bunnies 2015**

Merry Christmas (eve). Husband and I are getting ready to head to church. We wanted to do midnight mass but I'm not sure I can stay awake for that so we are going at 7pm instead. It's a quiet holiday here. The two of us and the dog. Our last Christmas as just the two of us. It's an odd thought!

Oh and the husband felt the baby kick!!! Baby either loves or hates the song Feliz Navidad but baby kicks like crazy everytime it comes on! =] He just looked at me and went. That was so cool... And so weird. lol.

Christina you're in for a big change!

We just got back from church and visiting OH's Mom. DD just put out magical reindeer food and cookies for Santa. She has been WIRED all evening!!

Yeah it's going to be quite different.

This baby is on a roll. It has been almost non stop all day today. Seriously it's almost 11pm and I started feeling kicks at 5:15am! I usually get a decent amount but I may have had 2 or 3hrs of feeling nothing today.

Merry Christmas to you and your families lovely ladies :flower: we ended up deciding to stay the night at in laws, the evening was nice although it was very different from what I expected. But I just kinda decided to let it go, at least I made dinner with all my usual Christmas stuff. :) will be going to sleep happy and healthy and extremely full!

Merry Christmas! We just spent 3hrs opening presents for 7 people. Christmas is so exhausting. I'm so glad that part of it is over. I enjoy Christmas week/ New Years way more.

I forgot to post yesterday that it was vday! Yay :happydance:
And happy vday to you too stripey :D

Yay for those reaching v day!
I was telling my mom yesterday I have no idea how I'm going to keep going for at least another 13 weeks (baby can't arrive before then!). Work is going to be tough when I have to go back.

I think our Christmas was good for dd. She enjoyed opening presents and appeared to love everything she got - even the socks! It was disappointing for me, I really missed home. But time to focus on the new year and things to come.

Merry Christmas, everyone!!! We have had one busy but very nice Christmas also.

Christina- My baby has been on the move all day too. She also started up at about 5 am. They are probably jealous they aren't getting to be part of all this action ;)

Rebecca- that could be true!'
Mine was way more active Christmas Eve. I had music going loudly all day and it was quite loud at church. During the faster songs is when I noticed the most movement! Baby either loves or hates Christmas music. The part that drives me nuts is baby is still feet down and I'm thinking using my bladder as a trampoline. I almost didn't make it to the bathroom a few times! Some of those really strong kicks low down also hurt! Will say that baby seems quite strong.

My husband found an empty wrapping paper tube yesterday. He used is as a "mega phone" and put it up to my belly. Next thing I hear is him gojng "hello..... I am your father" and then proceeded to sing part of jiggle bells. Mind you this was before he had a drink lol.

Beanonorder, I always feel like New Years is better. The past three years we have just stayed in and did the balloon countdown with DD, but it has been incredibly grounding to just take an evening and spend it mentally preparing for a brand new start.

OH gave me a package of new wrist bands for my fitbit in different colours for Christmas. I had lost my charger for the past few weeks. When I tidied up my bedroom I found it in a drawer where I had put it so I wouldn't lose it. Leave it to me. Anyway, fitbit has a pregnancy mode but it only has me at 1500 calories a day! Does that seem right to anyone for third tri?

You only technically need 300 extra cals a day in 3rd tri but that seems too low to me. I think you would lose weight at that level as it would be the equivilant of 1200 cals normally.

When I have done myfitnesspal before for my height and build it put me at 1200cals to actively lose weight - you definitely shouldn't be going hungry, it isn't good for you in any way at all. You'll end up incredibly exhausted.

At the peak of my GD last time I wasn't eating a lot of calories and I fainted a few times from exhaustion.

Northern I'm sure 1500 is a bit low for the third tri! It's Saturday here so congrats on getting to 27 weeks! How exciting!

Today is dd's birthday. Kind of hard to believe she's two already but at the same time I can't imagine life without her and think has it really only been two years.
As her birthday has been approaching it's been bringing up a lot of feelings from her birth, like all the trauma and having her taken away immediately. Its got me quite panicked about giving birth this time. I thought I'd put all of it to rest but clearly it's all surfaced again and I'm terrified of having the same experience again.

Just found out that third tri actually starts at 26+6!! Happy third tri to me!!

Congrats on third tri Northern!

happy birthday to your dd bean!

hope everyone enjoyed the holidays :)

Happy holidays everyone! Seems like everyone had a decent Christmas!

Stripey and Maggz, congrats in Vday. Mine is tomorrow!

Northern, wow can't believe you are third trimester! Congrats.

Tara I hope you and dd are feeling better today.

Christina that made me laugh about DH and the wrapping paper tube!

My LO was also very active on Christmas eve. I think he likes it at dhs grandparents already lol. He was active on Christmas but much more so at their house he day before. DH still hasn't felt him yet but maybe soon. I have quite a bit of padding between baby and his hand so I'll give it a few more weeks.

Had an exhausting day at work. Ended up staying over so I worked 13.5 hours and mostly on my feet. I am ready for bed!

I hope your dh can feel movements soon Dini.

My lo seems to have changed positions. He was probably sideways before and trying to widen my pelvis. I felt so sore then! He seems to have changed to something more comfortable now but I'm feeling the kicks quite high up!

Called hospital again and tried to request a closer appointment with my old dr. They gave me one on "waitlist" or something like that. I don't mind waiting.. just want to see the dr sooner! I'll still be on the 25th week for it so it's not too bad. Really hope it's not too late to switch back to that hospital. I just want the appointment day to come so i can find out for sure.

Lots of lovely Christmas updates. Glad lots of movement finally. Mine's certainly been more active than my last baby, thank you posterior placenta! I'm loving seeing my belly move and outside kicks, hubby already broken good record of only 2 kicks he felt the whole pregnancy.
What are your plans for new years? We've got a couple of friends over for a quiet games evening. We're so rock and roll.
In other news, my just 2 year old has had 3 nights without her dummy. We swapped her sleeping bag for a pillow and quilt on Christmas eve and pjs...and that was our cut off. A couple of nights crying (hubby stayed with her) and then last night, nothing! I'm hoping that's how things will continue now...fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->