**April Bunnies 2015**

Dini- That is a great picture. So creative!

Counting- Happy 26 weeks! I hope your next appointment goes great.

I tried to catch up on everything. It's hard to get on here much because the Internet is extremely slow and unreliable. So I post with my phone instead, but my phone doesn't get along very well with this website!

We are still at my in-laws' house. If there is one good thing about it, my husband and I are really being a team about it. We have gone to the ymca to workout but also mainly to get a shower in a place that feels clean. I told my husband that it's sad when you are looking forward to showering at the ymca.
He said we are never doing this again. Next time we will just start out in a motel room. They haven't been smoking in the house, and it would really make things much worse to take off and stay at a motel at this point. Plus, his mom's birthday is in a few days and he doesn't want to hurt her feelings right before her birthday. At some point in the future, he will have a talk with them when we are back at home. But we both feel like time is just dragging and we are counting down the days until January 1st when we can go back home.

Christina - Good luck with your 3D scan! I hope you get some great pictures!

Wow thread has really been going by fast!! Haven't been able to keep up but I will soon. Had a few really bad nights and feel so exhausted. Some nights I wake up tired but can't sleep. Dd stirs a bit and I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Last night she slept really early around 6pm and woke up at around mid night just not sleepy. Ended up laying on the floor with her inside the playard until she fell asleep. Cosleeping is no longer an option as she tries to jump off the bed by climbing over dh and I.

In other news I bought my first major baby buy. A dresser for dd and new baby's things.

I've chosen a stroller I think...but I haven't decided if I want a new infant car seat to fit into it or just use our old infant car seat. We actually have two.

Whoah. Woke up this morning to strong kicks. I was laying half on my side and half on my stomach. Guess baby does not like that. Also a first. I'm surprised I even managed to stay in that position I haven't been able to lay on my stomach bc it hurts my boobs! Lol.

I have been up ALL night with a sick girl. She has a very croupy cough and is wheezing a lot. I think I'm going to take her into non-emerg tonight. I'm so tired and attempting to make soup for her. The only problem with soup is that she will only eat it if it is "exactly like Nana's". Fingers crossed, haha! I have about 30 years less cooking experience than my mother.

Christina: I end up on my stomach a lot too and in previous weeks that's the only time I feel movement too lol.

Northern: hope your dd feels better soon :flower:

I've started blogging pregnancy related things. I had a pregnancy blog last time but it got me stressed because of tracking weight gain. This time I'm keeping it light hearted.

Christina - I have been feeling massive kicks too when I lie on my side. That is when I notice the strongest movements. I too struggle to lie on my belly though because of the bump my boobs are sooo sore 😞. Think I may invest in one of those super long maternity pillow things. I wake up when DH gets in from work at 1am and then can't sleep as I start thinking about all sorts of random stuff.

Northern - hope your dd feels better soon 😞

Rebecca - only a few more days to push! I must admit living so close to my family has its bonuses. Don't have to stay anywhere if we don't want to as we can just come home! Defo motel it next time - passive smoking is gross I feel for you x

Perplexed - we need to buy a car seat as well I really can't decide whether to go isofix this time or not though grrr decisions decisions!

OH has booked Center Parcs for a few days in Feb so looking forward to that now. We had a short break before ds so will nice to do the same again before bubba no 2 comes just with ds in tow this time! The park has a massive indoor pool and loads of activites and things to do so should be a fun packed weekend 😊. Had to go back to work today and it was a very odd day - feels like we are in limbo until New Year is over and done with somehow! Been soooo cold here today too the roads were horrid this morning glad I don't have to go anywhere early tomorrow morning x

I ended up rushing DD into the ER. I had to take her out of the bath, wet hair and everything and go with her. She couldn't breathe at all. I was 30 seconds away from calling an ambulance when she started to calm down and breathe a little easier. We just spent 5 hours in there with them monitoring her breathing after they gave her steroids. BLAH.

She seems to be okay. Whatever they gave her helped. She has croup.

I have never been so excited to do laundry. I have needed to do it for almost 3 days and haven't had an opportunity.

I have my OB appointment tomorrow at 9, so I guess I'll get the scoop on my second GD results. I'm thinking it is nothing since they didn't call to tell me, or it is very minor.

Northern sorry to hear your daughter has croup. Glad there is some improvement though.

I love my pregnancy pillow. Its the only thing that stops me rolling on my back and has also helped with the backache.

Perplexed sending some hugs x

Stripey so nice you guys will be going away for a few days. I think I'm going to try arrange for dd and I to go away for a few days over my next holiday in February.

I've just taken dd for some of her shots. I had fallen behind on them and was feeling very guilty about it. I'm glad I'm getting back on track there.

Northern I hope dd feels better! Poor girl must be miserable!

Christina I think you will really enjoy your scan!

Perplexed, I agree this thread moves so fast!

Beanonorder I'm glad dd is feelinf better but I know how hard no sleep is for you! Hoping you get better sleep tonight!

I didn't sleepnwell last night or the night before becausey hips hurt or my hands fall asleep from the carpal tunnel I seem to have developed. I'm turning sides every 30 min or so. I'm drinking some warm sleepy time tea and hoping tonight is better. I seem to be getting a cough that sounds like it's in my chest yet I feel okay. But so much is going around at work and everywhere I am really praying I don't get sick, at least not enough I need to call out of work. I go back New Years day and I can't miss that day, missing a holiday is a big no no so I'm going to try to rest tomorrow.

Northern: so sorry about your dd! Glad she's better now, hope she's well soon.

Stripeycat: how lovely! Hope you have a nice trip!

Bean: I do have a pregnancy pillow no idea why I haven't thought of using it!

Dini: so sorry you haven't been sleeping well. I hope you manage to get some rest.

Aw northern croup is horrible! We had to rush my son to hospital when he was a year old coz he could hardly breath. Took a good week or so to recover from it.

25 weeks today! Aaaaaargh not long till 3rd tri!!!!!!

So I had a bad prenatal appointment.

My GD test came back as I'm in a grey area for if I need insulin or not, so I have to go to diabetes education and they'll help me monitor it. If I need insulin I have to have a csection early. I have SPD and she's taking me off work next week. Baby is head down and engaged, which could mean nothing but could mean I could go early.

V day for me today!

Sorry you had a bad appointment Northern. Hope your DD feels better, must've been scary.

We're going away in February to my parents house for LOs birthday. Really easy trip as my mum loves cooking for us and LO gets loads of attention from family.

Northern - did she tell you your numbers from the test? And do they offer metaformin where you are?

My DD2 was head down and engaged but they often pop up and out again. She was born at 39+5.

If you have any GD questions just ask. My numbers on a GTT would suggest immediate insulin required but I have done the end of a pregnancy and an entire pregnancy and so far 7 weeks of this one on diet control.

:hugs:

She didn't tell me my numbers. I see my GP next Friday and he should get the results too so I'll ask. Just have to wait for diabetes education to contact me. Maybe they'll know.

In the meantime look into low GI diets - sweet things are easily to cut out, carbs are more tricky.

You can make a big difference to the baby in a short space of time so it is worth following it from as early as you can.

My experience of diabetes education is it is very broad and usually quite poor. Here they give you so little time to resolve it that really without research and working hard yourself it is hard to avoid insulin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->