**April Bunnies 2015**

Maggz that sounds a bit like reflux. Not much you can do about it - eat small meals and as you say, don't lie down too soon after eating.

Rebecca lovely pictures! Not much difference between the two.

Dini I'm glad you don't have to do the 3 hour GTT. That is good news.

Amelia awesome news that you might be able to go all the way to 41 weeks!

So my appointment with the high risk consultant went really well. He was also a very nice doctor and I truly feel like I'm in good hands between the two new doctors. The baby isn't showing any signs of anaemia. He is growing well and weighs around 1.8kg (4lbs). They've officially decided to go with the 8th April as my due date. I'm not changing my ticker again!! I should have just left it.
The doctor is going to look into DD's records to see if all the treatment given was really necessary. He says this baby is likely to be the same as her so it can help with our action plan. Baby is also still head up. I'll go back in two weeks and if there is no change he'll give me some exercises to try get him to switch. I'm also going to start looking at spinning babies. The doctor did say that at this point in pregnancy 25% of babies of still head up and by 40 weeks only 2% of babies are so there is still a good chance he will turn.

And further good news is that my school has finally decided they will pay my three months maternity leave as long as I am doing assessment from home. What a huge relief! I've also found out that I should be able to add the baby to my insurance when he is born and that should cover the NICU, if it happens. So it finally feels like a few things are going right for me!

I'm so glad things ate going better for you Bean! It must be such a relief to know that everything is in place before your bubba boy comes along.

Maggz - that def sounds like reflux - I get it quite frequently unfortunately and did last time too. I just end up swigging Gaviscon like it is going out of fashion. Luckily I have an endless supply working at the doctors surgery! We have have had to open up a couple of bottles recently at work and then ended up not using them so they give them straight to me! 😉

I have my consultant appointment on Monday so I need to try and get some things down on paper with DH to make sure I discuss everything I want to with her. Fingers crossed they tell me I can have the baby at the local mlu rather than having to go to dgh.

Kitchen is useable again thank god! It still needs to be tidied up - tiling etc needs doing and painting. So pleased with it and that I will have a nice clean space for when the baby comes.

I finally bought my first item of baby clothing as well this week. I got a pack of newborn vests and a newborn babygrow that says Mummy's and Daddy's little star born in 2015 - it is so cute ☺️

Maggz- That sounds just like heartburn/reflux to me!

Stripeycat- I'm glad your kitchen is coming together. Also, happy 30 weeks!

Beanonorder- I've been looking at spinning babies as well. This baby can't seem to stay head down. It bothers me a little because I'd feel more comfortable knowing she was in the right position. I know she has plenty of time to move again. I just don't want her going back to breech. I did positions from spinningbabies last time with my son, and he was born head down facing my back. So, I'm sure those positions do help!

Sounds like reflux to me Maggz, I've had it since 13 weeks. I have to take Zantac twice a day. I tried to back down to once and paid for it!

Stripey, congrats on 30 weeks! And on your first baby clothing purchase. I almost bought some cute onsies today but restrained myself. I may buy something next week but part of me wants to wait till the shower. Its all so cute!

Had another chiropractor appt today, all my issues are back that adjusted last week but were easier to adjust today. So of course my muscles that se unlocked again are inflamed and hurt so I'm sitting on the couch with ice on my back and neck.

Oh and today is my birthday! Did absolutely nothing special. DH had to work so we are going out for dinner Saturday.

Happy birthday!

I think I found my magical insulin number. Had two days of good numbers.

Happy birthday dini!

Beam I am very happy for you that the school agreed to pay you the three months. Fingers crossed you have no issues with the insurance xxxx

Hey ladies.. I was in this group early on in first tri, but it moved faster than I could keep up! Thought I would jump back in (I hear it slowed down a bit). Team pink and Due April 21! Definitely feeling the aches and pains of the third trimester!

Welcome back Kristy! We have definitely slowed down a lot. I think everyone is busier getting things ready for the babies!

I think I'm entering a new eating phase that I remember well from last time. All I want to eat is cold food. My GD thanks me. Cold veggies, grapes etc are all I really want. If I was to eat a big, warm meal I think I would get sick.

Dini: happy birthday!

Rebecca & Amelie: your bumps look great!!

I pointed at my bump and told dd that there's a baby inside. So she hugged, kissed and patted it. Aww. I'm not so sure she knows what a baby is! She calls all children baby.

Haha Perplexed my dd also calls all children baby! And sometimes very short people too!

I am so short tempered at the moment. Between dd being full on in the terrible two's and the cat driving me insane I feel like I'm constantly angry! Finding it very difficult to calm down and stay that way.

Aww I'm sorry you're finding hard to calm down Bean. I completely understand as I've been similar. But in my case I noticed that it's worse on days where I'm aching and tired.

Oh yes, definitely worse when I'm aching and tired. I think that's part of the problem. I just want a time out and she wants me to do all sort of things! Hopefully I can spend some quality time with her over my holiday so she isn't so demanding of my attention.

33 weeks! Only 5 more weekends till baby is going to arrive! Kind of freaking out.

I have had a few days where it has been really hard to calm down - yesterday I actually considered in the evening having a small amount of red wine to just relax as DD1 has been really pushing me lately...

Yesterday she just woke up argumentative and she constantly answers back (this is a phase, she is usually OK) She doesn't respond to me being firm with her or taking away treat at all - she just shouts and argues more.

Yesterday the final straw was she was yelling at me she didn't want her hair brushed, she was shouting so loud that DD2 started hitting her to try and make her be quiet. So I had to remove DD1 from the room. I can't really safely carry her now so I was walking her up the stairs and she started thrashing about and then slipped, rolled and bounced down 5 or 6 steps and hit her head on the metal stairgate at the bottom.

Obviously I cuddled her and checked her over and she was fine but very upset. It upset me too but I was still quite mad with her and this 'phase' generally.

My girls are quite good usually but what with that combined with a lot of driving to and from work, constant cooking and house stuff and then work itself I am feeling quite fried :nope:

Dini- Happy Birthday! I see I am a day late, but I hope your birthday was wonderful!

Perplexed- That is so sweet of your daughter. :)

Beanonorder- I am sorry your having to deal with the terrible twos. Glad you have a little time off to get some rest when you need it most.

Amelie- I'm right there with you on the glass of wine! I wanted one so bad last night. Hope your daughter's phase doesn't last too long.

I had an awful day yesterday. I woke up ready to get a lot accomplished. I was going to run to Walmart for some things I needed. I had my gym bag packed because I was going to go workout after that. And then make it home by about 12 for lunch and some time to relax before my son's nap at 1. I get to the car to discover someone broke into it. Thankfully, they didn't break my car. They just somehow managed to get the driver door unlocked and went through everything in my car. Nothing was stolen because I had nothing valuable in my car. But I still needed to call the police to file a report and it's a little unsettling.
So I had to call the police (wait almost an hour for them to show up). My son comes to me while I'm on the phone and says, "Mommy! I helped you!" He colored all over a piece of furniture with a white crayon. The police show up. He was really helpful and did as much as possible to figure out who did it. So, we think it was one of several teenagers who just hang out over here. But meanwhile, my son found the only puddle of water, got in it. I told him to take off his shoes inside and he stripped completely naked. Then fought me about putting clothes back on because he wanted to wear shorts and a t-shirt in 30 degree weather. I end up getting out only to face more problems at the gym (with equipment not working) and at Walmart (takes forever to checkout because they only have a few lanes open and every line is at least 10 people deep). I finally get home. I want to take a nap and restart my day. My son goes in his room and I'm sure he'll nap. But he ends up fighting his nap for 2 hours. I give up. And I finally just gave in that yesterday was going to suck. I was so mad that I couldn't have a glass of wine after that day.
So glad the weekend is here! I can say on a positive note that I slept great last night and I'm determined to believe that today will be better.

That is awful about your car Rebecca :hugs:

I am glad I am not alone with older kids being difficult. I don't think Ivy is upset about the baby or worried, she is just frustrated by the world. She is quite bright and I think really she is ready for school now - she does her maximum amount of preschool as it is.

I do start to feel the panic rising of how I will cope from May - September with all 3 kids at home with me some of the time. I guess it'll be OK though, I survived having DD2 after all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->