**April Bunnies 2015**

It is very scary not to be in control. I'm very nervous about seeing someone about it because I feel I wouldn't be able to talk about these issues in person and because I worry about not clicking with the person. My mom says a psychologist would be good at getting me to talk. My parents took me to one when I was around 14 and I couldn't talk. I went to one myself after college and had two sessions but I don't know if I even took anything useful back, could barely talk and didn't really click well with the therapist.

DH and I are total bums tonight. I worked a double shift today, which means running around the whole time, the later part of the shift carrying heavy plates back and forth. DH is trying to get the back yard in shape which includes jackhammering and getting rid of a part of the concrete back there, so he was doing that all day.
So we're both stuck on the couch, too tired to do anything :haha:
My PGP is getting so bad. Every step I took today hurt. It's annoying though cause it's not bad enough for me to stay off my feet, but it's bad enough that it's always there.

Sorry to hear about your anxiety problems ladies. I really hope you can work on them, but I'm afraid I have no words of wisdom.

Rebecca that's awesome that you got to do a little spa day for yourself. Your DS sounds like he took the responsibility very seriously :thumbup:

Oh on another note, the thing I will be most happy about when I stop working, is that there won't be 10 people an hour asking me how far along I am/if it's a boy or a girl/am I really pregnant?! I know everyone means well and it comes from a good place... but repeating those answers is just getting so old. Lol. I know way to complain about everything.

Anyways, hope everyone's weekend is starting off good!

Maggz: I understand what you mean about your pgp not being bad enough for you to rest but always being there. It started off like that for me, but it started very early in the pregnancy and got worse later. Hopefully it won't worsen for you. I hope you manage to get some relief though. People asking how far along you are does tend to get old haha!

Totally know how you feel maggz. It's so annoying.

I was at the hospital for 2 hrs for my appointment. Dr was delayed due to a c section! I'm actually thankful my next appointment is further than 2 weeks away.

Perplexed- That is very annoying! I really feel like there should be policies to prevent those things. I mean, what if you have somewhere else you need to be? I hope your next appointment doesn't take as long.
I also hope you can find some help or someone to talk to who can help you work through the anxiety. :hugs:

Maggz- I know what you mean about the questions. It does get old answering the same questions again and again. My favorite, though, is when someone asks me how far along I am, I tell them, and they tell me "You don't look that far along!" or "This must be a small baby." I have come to just thank them for telling me I don't look that far along--I guess it's a compliment. And then when they say this must be a small baby, I'm like, "No, she is not a small baby. I can feel her." That one is annoying because other people actually think they know more than I do about that. And I just want to tell them that I wish they could feel what I feel because I can feel that this baby is not small.
But I get similar comments on my son. When people ask me how old he is and I say 3 and 1/2, everyone gets such an astonished look and says either, "Are you sure?" (yeah, no, I'm not sure how old my own kid is :dohh:) or "Wow! He is so tall. He looks like he is 4 or 5."

On another note, I'm now just 39 days away from my due date! It definitely feels like "go" time. Time to get everything ready and I'm glad that my husband is "nesting" too. At least he's feeling an urge to make sure everything is ready. ;) I need to start taking advantage of getting things done on the weekend when he is here because too often I chill out with him on the weekend and leave work to do during the week when I'm by myself. That honestly makes no sense because I should be doing stuff when I have someone here with me to help!

Thanks Rebecca :hugs:

People tell me my daughter looks "huge". They make me feel like she's a giant. I've resorted to telling strangers she's actually "almost 2" just so the conversation ends faster. I think it's great that your husband is nesting, too. It'll help so much!

I've decided that I'll be positive and bring positive vibes my way by packing for dh with me, for the hospital. We don't 100% know if he's going on the course so I'll be positive and expect that he's not going till later in the year!

Massive craving for ice cream. I just got a chocolate shake from McDonald's bc we are on the road. Had to drop my parents off at the airport. I'm not sure what it will do to my sugars but I apparently have no willpower to tell myself no this week!!

I'm sorry to all the ladies suffering with colds. I got over one that lasted a couple of weeks and I was miserable.

Oh, and I miss sleep....I'm totally expecting not to sleep after little one arrives BUT last night I woke up to my 6 year old throwing up all over. She kept me awake all night and I feel like a walking zombie. Poor thing doesn't have anything else wrong, no fever or anything...it is odd! Meanwhile I ask myself how am I going to manage having 3 kids? Stressed!

Perplexed- That's what I do too! As soon as he turned 3 and 1/2, I started saying that instead of 3 because I was tired of the shock/disbelief responses. And people really should be careful what they say because he is listening too!
A nurse at my most recent appointment asked me how old he was, I said he was 3 and 1/2. She then said, "Wow, he's really big! I thought he was 5." And then later that day he says, "Mommy am I going to be a giant? I don't want to be a giant." And I said, "No, you are just fine." And my husband reassured him saying, "There is nothing wrong with being tall. You should be proud to be tall."
I sometimes feel like telling people now that he is 3 and 7 months. lol

Awww it's worse when he understands and gets worried too. being tall is great!

Yay Christina and counting.
I'll be reaching 35 weeks on Wednesday.

I'm really depressed about going back to work tomorrow. I have no drive to prepare lessons or teach... Plus I'm frustrated by the fact that dh and won't have any of the same days off until I go on maternity leave and my parents arrive. Which means the few things I still need to buy (like a cupboard for the spare room) aren't going to happen.

Anyone dealing with pitting edema? My legs, ankles and feet are ridiculous. I'm pretty paranoid because that is how things went at the end last time, right before my blood pressure shot up. My BP is still fine right now, just worried.

Happy 32 weeks, Christina!

Happy 35 weeks, Counting!

So hard to believe that such little time is left! Every week is becoming a milestone for me now. :) It's like "Whew! I made it to week __" It's not like I even have anything going on that makes me think she's coming now. I just know that it's quite possible I will deliver around week 38 and I just want to get to week 38..not to deliver but to at least be there before anything happens!

Counting- No pitting edema here. Sorry! I think I'm just lucky in that area. I've never had any kind of swelling in either pregnancy. Have you tried drinking extra water to get it to go down? I was reading the other day that water retention sometimes causes that at the end for some people.

Counting mine is very slightly pitting and my hands are swelling. I'm nervous as hell over another run with pre-eclampsia, although my blood pressure has been great.

Congrats Christina and Counting :flower:

Bean: I'm sorry you're struggling. I hope you get to buy that cupboard soon.

Counting: There were very few occasions were I had pitting edema this time. Last time I started having it at maybe between 38-39 weeks but my bp has always been normal. It was on the highish side at 41 weeks during my induction but I never had preeclampsia.

Rebecca: I know what you mean! It feels like it'll be over before we know it!

I really really hope DH doesn't have to go away on his course, and if that is the case then I'm in no hurry at all to have the baby soon and can easily wait till 41 even 42 weeks (saying it 8-9 weeks early is...a bit early lol). But really I'm only anxious because I want DH to be there at the birth, I don't want to have to go to the hospital alone or have to wait for my sister or something. I know she doesn't mind at all...but I just really want DH to be there.

Was working on data information for my internship and I was sitting on a pillow on the floor using the coffee table instead of sitting at the desk (husband was using it) or the dining room table. Bad idea... I felt like I was 100 years old trying to get up off the floor :haha:

Counting mine is very slightly pitting and my hands are swelling. I'm nervous as hell over another run with pre-eclampsia, although my blood pressure has been great.

Me too. I'm terrified this is the first sign. My hands are puffy right now, nothing too extreme though. Luckily my face is still normal (last time is became quite swollen). I took my blood pressure, and it was good, but I'm still really scared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->