**April Bunnies 2015**

Hi doodlegirl and congrats!

Good luck Rebecca.

Sounds like you had fun mommyof2peas.

Good luck for the US tomorrow Rebecca and Mommyof2!!

I'm still wearing my maternity trousers three years later :blush:

I'm feeling really crap at the mo. So sick all the time, tired, achey tummy, having to force food down as it's horrible eating anything, and I keep crying cos I feel so rubbish.

The ultrasound Friday was mixed. Good heart beat (136) and size (8.8) which is right in the middle of normal. But, I have a subchorionic bleed, so there is a risk of miscarriage. Trying to stay positive- anyone else dealt with this?

The ultrasound Friday was mixed. Good heart beat (136) and size (8.8) which is right in the middle of normal. But, I have a subchorionic bleed, so there is a risk of miscarriage. Trying to stay positive- anyone else dealt with this?

My SIL had this and she was put on bed rest. They said the hematona needs to 'heal' otherwise it could cause a mc. The baby kept growing and the hematoma was very slowly getting smaller. She was running around at her last tri and gave a birth to my little nephew last saturday. I think it depends on size and position of the hematona. Yours might me very little. I know that they don't always advice bed rest. hope it's a bit of help.

Good luck tomorrow with the US Rebecca!

Mission completed for me this weekend - I bought a pair or stretchy maternity jeans and they are soooo comfortable and cute! I think all jeans should be this stretchy around the waist ;)

Regarding symptoms I haven't really felt anything in particular today besides sore boobs and nipples. I guess this is normal but the worrying part of me immediately thinks mmc?! I wish my US was sooner but I have to wait another 4 weeks. I just want some reassurance everything is ok!

I had a hamatoma with my son and was warned I could mc but all was fine but did cause a lot of bleeding.
I have a hemorrhage with this one but wasn't told it would cause any probs apart from I will bleed a bit. I was told to still go to work with my son and no point on being on bed rest coz if it's going to happen it will happen what ever I do. Xxxx

Good luck for the scans ladies xxxx

Mine is so far away 30th September lol

Doodlegirl- I was in your shoes up until about 6 weeks. Then ms came and went, now it's pretty steady. Weird to say it's reassuring and makes me feel more confident. We were trying for so long, it was hard to believe it was real :)

Hope everything is okay Kirsty. I'd be tempted to ask for an earlier scan for reassurance, although it's likely you would see more on the scan next week.

We also have a scan tomorrow, so that's 3 of us!

Woo hoo good luck Scan ladies!

I have pumpkin cupcakes in the oven. And DH is sick so I made them just for me. Lol. I think it's a proper craving considering it's not pumpkin season. Don't tell baby but I licked a little batter. Lol

haha sarahok of course you gotta get in that batter a little bit ;)

Hope everything turns out okay xanzaba :hugs:

Sorry haven't had time to catch up. Just did the ALS ice bucket challenge :haha: it was soo cold but thankfully it's warm outside so it wasn't too bad ;)
I feel pretty bad in the morning but not bad enough to throw up, my DH made bacon this morning so we could make BLTs and such and I couldn't even eat :( I think I just need to eat food that's already prepared.

Hi ladies.

I've been catching up with all of you and I'm still not finished but just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Everything is OK here. I have been reading the thread every day and now I have the weirdest craving because of it: I want carrots dipped in peanut butter! Your talk about the raw carrots and the peanut butter toasts messed up my head.
I saw and heard the baby's HB on 14/8 and have my 12 week scan booked on 16/9. It's a very important scan where they test for all types of stuff. Before I have to do blood, urine and CM tests to take with me to the scan. They will then do a thorough scan and give me the test results with all kinds of odds of having certain problems like DS etc. I have my OB appt on 22/9 to discuss everything with him so it's scary but exciting. I just want to see my baby and its HB again. Will anyone else have this type of scan at 12 weeks?
I still have MS but not all the time. It's always reassuring when I have it though O:)
How is everyone doing today?
:hugs: to all you baby momma's

Suzy is it the nt scan? That checks for risk of Down syndrome. Yes the scans here in uk check for any abnormality but I suppose everywhere would be the same. Here at 12 weeks it's dating and nt scan then anomaly scan at 20 weeks which looks more in depth at heart stomach etc....

Hi ladies.

I've been catching up with all of you and I'm still not finished but just thought I'd pop in and say hi. Everything is OK here. I have been reading the thread every day and now I have the weirdest craving because of it: I want carrots dipped in peanut butter! Your talk about the raw carrots and the peanut butter toasts messed up my head.
I saw and heard the baby's HB on 14/8 and have my 12 week scan booked on 16/9. It's a very important scan where they test for all types of stuff. Before I have to do blood, urine and CM tests to take with me to the scan. They will then do a thorough scan and give me the test results with all kinds of odds of having certain problems like DS etc. I have my OB appt on 22/9 to discuss everything with him so it's scary but exciting. I just want to see my baby and its HB again. Will anyone else have this type of scan at 12 weeks?
I still have MS but not all the time. It's always reassuring when I have it though O:)
How is everyone doing today?
:hugs: to all you baby momma's
Here the twelve week scan is called the Nuchal Translucency scan, they look for chances of having various things, DS, Edwards' syndrome, Patau's syndrome, etc.

You ladies in the U.S. gets scans quite early do you? We have to wait until 12 weeks here (unless you pay a lot for an early one), which will be mid October for me :(

I have no idea why we wait until 18 weeks to get our first ultrasound here! I feel like I'm missing out on all of these important things.

Thanks for the explanation of NT scan Oswin!
Scottish I guess that's it then. Here we just call it the 12 week scan O:) but it's pretty thorough and tests all those things you mentioned I think. I didn't even know we got tested so early on for this type of stuff. I must have been confused with the 20 week scan for anomalies.
I spoke too soon about having no MS. I drank milk at dinner and had a cheese sandwich. Milk was not a good idea but I was sooooo craving it. Bah! Acid reflux time!

You ladies in the U.S. gets scans quite early do you? We have to wait until 12 weeks here (unless you pay a lot for an early one), which will be mid October for me :(

I live in Portugal and here the first scan has to be done until 8 weeks. I'm not a big fan of the healthcare system here but at least that's something I agree with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->