**April Bunnies 2015**

I'm roughly 7wks0d today and still having cramps, they seem to be less but maybe I'm just odd, I've heard some people cramp up to about 14wks.

Hi Disneybaby.
My first two are 13 months apart. My last two are 14 months apart. This next baby will arrive when my current lo is 12-13 months old. It is definitely crazy, but it forms such a bond between the kids!
Congratulations!

Hey ladies,
I had my first ultrasound done a week ago but it was too early to give an exact date so right now I am unofficially due on April 15th with my first. I was told years ago I would probably never get pregnant without fertility treatments. My husband & I were ok with that but planned to explore our options in a couple years when I turned 30. Needless to say, that's not going to be necessary now. I found out I was pregnant on August 8th. We were in shock for a few weeks because we just didn't think it would happen. But here I am & I look forward to sharing my life with y'all the next 7 1/2 months!

I will post my offical due date after I have my 8 week ultrasound on September 5th.

-P

Hi ladies! I'm a bit late to the party, but got my BFP July 23rd and am unofficially due April 1st. :) My first scan isn't until Sept 9th, and it's driving me crazy. I just want to know the little one is okay in there.

Welcome disney, phobe, and sekhmet!

I am still having some cramps. I've even had a few concerns about it because I did have a subchorionic hemorrhage with my son, and I don't want another one this time. But I had spotting with him, and I haven't had any this time. I'll find out tomorrow.

I am definitely having some baby brain. I am pretty sure I took my prenatal vitamin twice today because I couldn't remember if I had taken it. I need one of those pill containers with the days of the week to remember. My husband also discovered that I had put my paper plate in the dishwasher tonight and thrown my silverware in the trash can. :dohh:

Welcome to the new girls!

I had some light period type cramping (but not every day) up until a week ago but haven't felt any this last week.

Good luck to the ladies going for scans! I'm still feeling bad for those who have to wait! I counted up and last pregnancy I had 8 scans, including one while in labour! I'm not even 8 weeks now and I've already had 3! I know there's a debate about how safe multiple scans are so as tempting as it is to have lots I'm going to try not have too many more.

What is everyone's secret to drinking enough water? I struggled last pregnancy and I seem to be struggling again now. I just don't know what it is...

Ugh, it's terrible, isn't it? I love water normally but it just makes me nauseous atm. I keep a bottle near me and only allow myself 2-3 sips at a time. Colder water helps. Otherwise on my bad days I'll have decaf tea etc as it seems to go down fine.

Welcome, new ladies!

Welcome Disney! My first two are 13 months apart aswell!

Good luck to everyone having their scans today xxxx

Welcome and congrats to all newbies :flower:

As for u/s - I'm in the US as well, my first one is at 8 weeks, my ob's office said they usually do it between 8-10 weeks so we can hear the heart beat and all that. I'm guessing it depends on a) health care type b) your obgyn and their preference c) your state (as the states have different laws etc) d) if you're high risk/fertility clinic referred and e) military
My DH is active duty military but since we're not on base and won't be using military facilities, it doesn't really matter in our case. Only thing is he has to tell his chief to get the morning off for the ultrasound :happydance:

northern that's a LONG time to wait! But on the other hand, it'll be so fully formed and cute when you finally get to see it :)

AFM I feel pretty shitty in the mornings... can't bear the thought of making food. DH's brother lives with us and we haven't told him so I was trying to hint to my DH to make me a sandwich, not cause I'm lazy but because I'm pregnant and he totally didn't get it. :haha:
Now 2 people have dreamt I'm having a baby - my best friend and my sister! Crazy!

Welcome to the new girls! Hope you have a healthy pregnancy. Xxx

My cramps only lasted maybe about a week after my bfp, I haven't had any since. Sometimes I get wee twinges which feel like baby moving but I know it's not really and probably just stretching.

Feeling the nausea today (bleugh) also getting a case of pregnancy laziness with the nausea! You know when you have lots to do but can't get your butt of the couch :haha: just no motivation !!! I had this last time to!

Hope you all feel better when placenta takes over! My last pregnancy I was counting down until placenta takes over and when it did I still felt like crap until I gave birth!

I can imagine that waiting for a scan must be nerve racking- I wasn't supposed to have one, but ended up having some bleeding, so I got one at 7 weeks. But my doctor said it would be better if women didn't get such early scans because there are often things that look bad early on that get better with time. I still had to wait a week and a half for my scan, so i found myself touching my boobs (do they still hurt?) and tempting each morning (is it still high?) for some reassurance.

Someone here posted that carrots were good for morning sickness and it works like a charm for me. Just saying...

The thought of eating carrots makes me feel so sick! Eating mints has really been helping me

Pregnancy laziness... that's me for the whole pregnancy! I never get the lifting of fatigue in second trimester, and I swear I could just hibernate for 9 months!!

Argh I'm back to paranoid preggo unfortunately :dohh: I'm freaking out that as my cramping stopped at just before 6 weeks, and baby was showing as sized around 5w6d at my 7 week scan, that something's wrong and it stopped growing at 6 weeks :cry:

Rebecca - :rofl: at your baby brain!!

Water wise I recommend icy water with a lemon squeezed in :thumbup:

I have complete pregnancy laziness. I find it SO hard to get out of bed in the morning! I was supposed to be leaving my job this week to go to nursing school but declined once I got my positive test. I'm so happy with the way it turned out but I can't help thinking this morning that I could have been sleeping in right now and never have to worry about going back to this place!

Oswin mmmm lemon water sounds good right now I must go see if have lemons in hehe

Northern nursing training is so tough so you did the right thing! What kind of nursing? I am an adult nurse and qualified in 2011! I want to go into teaching in 4/5 years though

I hear you Oswin - another paranoid worried preggo here today! Maybe someone wise will come in and comfort us soon.

Until then I try to think about this what TaraCathryn said last week:

"No matter what happens tomorrow, today we are pregnant. We should enjoy it as much as we can. Nothing in life is guaranteed. If, god forbid, something goes wrong later on, at least we embraced the time we had.*"

Oswin mmmm lemon water sounds good right now I must go see if have lemons in hehe

Northern nursing training is so tough so you did the right thing! What kind of nursing? I am an adult nurse and qualified in 2011! I want to go into teaching in 4/5 years though

Here you are just a general nurse until you get a job and then you're specialized. I'm hoping for ER nursing :)

Oswin & Tove, I am paranoid too. I had forgotten how nerve-wracking being pregnant is! I don't want to get a million scans (and the million complications that precipitated them!) again this pregnancy, but just some reassurance that there is a healthy little heart beating away in there would be so welcome!

Pregnancy Laziness! Is that an official medical diagnosis? Can I get a doctor's note for my office? Because I'm suffering terribly! :rofl:
I want so badly to just get off this treadmill, email my boss that I won't be in this week, and crawl back into my cozy bed! :sleep:

I was in school last time and dropped to half-time when I realized how hard it was going to be on me (fatigue + frequent doc appts + major baby brain!). Oh, to have that level of flexibility & that little responsibility again! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->