**April Bunnies 2015**

Oswin- Sorry to hear you are having such a rough day. :hugs: I'd probably want to rip the smoke alarm out of the wall! I hope things start getting better for you soon! I think that you will have a good scan on Sunday. I know it is upsetting to see baby further behind than what you expect. But I will send positive thoughts your way! I do believe you will see a baby growing just fine :flower:

Oswin chin up :) I'm sure everything will be fine and you're just being an overly worried momma! Lots of people have healthy babies after being a bit behind!

Oswin, I'm sure bubby is fine. Any chance you just ovulated late?

IUGR - intrauterine growth restriction. Bubby doesn't grow as well as it should. In my case due to gestational diabetes (or the insulin I use during it) causing my placenta to die off before time. That's why, even though I'm due early April, I think I'll probably give birth in March.

It's late here and I'm off to bed. Hope everyone feels okay today!! I'll see you in the morning :)
I don't think so as I was tracking my cycle. Just need the four days to hurry by. Whatever happens I'm glad hubby will be there too.

Thank you Rebecca and Northern. The smoke alarm stops for a while then starts up again. Don't wanna rip it to shreds till hubby gets home and can diagnose :haha:
The nausea's back so that's something!

Oh, Oswin, I'm so sorry you're feeling that way! I'm sure there could be many reasons your bean mesaured small, but I know only seeing a healthy, growing baby will really reassure you. In the meantime, at least being very emotional is a pregnancy symptom too, and lots of ladies' nausea here has been off and on certain days. Just try not to lose hope. :hugs:

Tove, the only reason I'm telling my parents soon is that I see my mom twice a week when she comes over to watch my DD, and if I get ms she'll know; she knew I was trying and even knew I was having symptoms before I tested, and I would have to tell her if something went wrong. I am going to tell 3 other friends whose support I would need either way, but not until after our first scan at ~8+3. We'll tell DH's parents after 12-13 weeks; they're out of state and his mom didn't want to know so early last time--turns out she had a mc before DH & his brother so she's really uncomfortable with others early on. He never knew before he asked his dad why she was treating me so weird when we visited around 10 weeks. :nope:

Anyway, I won't announce on Facebook at all because I don't really use it, but hubby will probably post something incriminating after 12 weeks even if he doesn't mean to!

Aww Oswin I'm sorry you are having a crummy day! I hate when smoke alarms malfunction! Ours did a few months ago, ended up just replacing it. I hope Sunday comes super fast for you, and I am also sure you will see a happy and healthy bean in there, sometimes those measurements can be off, or the tech could have been as well, I'm glad to hear your nausea returned lol. Mine comes and goes as well. Oh and when I posted that first one today it was 6am, its now 10:30am here.

Northern, I got hit with fatigue yesterday and today and I have so much to do!!

I don't know how you all wait so long to tell others! We told DH's mom when we found out but because is wonderfully supportive, and I figured we could use all the prayers we can get. We told my dad and his grandparents last week as we would need their support either way but also needed to explain why we wouldn't be coming around to his grandparents house often as his grandfather gets chemo and I have to stay away for several days after he receives it. (They have family dinners often) We did decide not to tell anyone else until the first scan and then just immediate family, such as my brother and maybe a few close friends who don't know yet.

Just had my first prenatal appt, talk about a bore! The MW did a pap as I was due, and ordered some labs, talked to me about what to eat and stay away from, talked to me about what to expect in the upcoming months and offered me the NT screening test, which I have yet to decide on as other than my age I'm not really at high risk and I simply don't care if the baby has an issue, I'll love it either way. She did schedule me for an ultrasound tomorrow though since I'm nervous and she can use the slight spotting from last night as an excuse so my insurance will pay. I was bummed I didn't get one but she said they don't do them in that particular office, but at least I get one tomorrow for sure!

Thanks to all of you who said you had that same pain and it was nothing. I still have it and the MW said she thinks it's just the corpus luteum and is normal, but since we are getting the ultrasound tomorrow we can be certain it isn't an issue like an ectopic. (I'd expect a lot more pain if it were that)

I have a dentist appt in less than 2 hours, whew I want a nap!!

Dini- We had the same feeling about telling more or less! We figured we could use all of the prayers we could get. I explained to everyone that we were concerned because of being on birth control at the time of conception. However, things are looking good. But the second trimester is still a ways off.

I am glad you could see your midwife today. Sorry you didn't get your scan. But I'm glad she worked out for you to have one tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Only one more week till my scan!!!!!! Really hope there is a nice healthy baby in that sac now!!!!

Re telling people, I guess we're a bit unusual as other than my mum we have no one else close, so it isn't like we're holding off telling anyone really, just the Facebook announcement we're not doing till twelve weeks!

I'd love to join! I am due April 23rd! Very excited, this is a surprise baby (happy tears!) I have two older children, ages 11 and 6. Hopefully the age gap won't be a problem!

Kalabear - how to cope with a small age difference between kids?
Well, for the first 6 months I recommend having low expectations (for everything - sleep, housework, toddler behaviour etc), and ensure you have a supply of alcohol on hand.
Haha, it is hard work, but it's very doable. Some days are fine, and other days feel like I've been sent to hell early. Of course, counting the milestones helped... the first six weeks is the hardest, the next are a little easier, then before you know it six months is up and everything seems to be under control!
I'm the most impatient person in the world, so I think if I can do it (and go back for more) then anyone can do it.
And don't forget the wine ;-)

:rofl::rofl: haha yes the wine a good friend of mine!! I'm really quite excited but a little nervous! Thank you for the honest advice :hugs:

How are you ladies doing this morning? Oswin hope you're having a better day! :hugs:

Re telling people, I guess we're a bit unusual as other than my mum we have no one else close, so it isn't like we're holding off telling anyone really, just the Facebook announcement we're not doing till twelve weeks!

We only told our absolute closest family and friends and that is it. It's still early on in the pregnancy and I actually prefer to keep it quiet regardless.

I am craving chips and salsa like nobody's business. And jalapeno peppers! I only wanted sweet things when I was pregnant with my son. I ate peanut butter by the spoonful with him.

Anyone else having any funny cravings right now?

Ugh my nausea has gone up a notch and carrots aren't helping. I've had to stop what I'm doing a couple of times to try and not be sick. With DS I got it at 8 weeks so I hope it doesn't get worse then. Whoever invented M/S should be shot!

Button- I am sorry your ms has gotten worse. I had to start taking zofran and b6 together and eat carrots to make mine calm down.

Oswin :hugs: hope tomorrow is a better day for you xxx

As for cravings I keep getting notions of things. Like yesterday I was in Tesco express and a guy was standing with a take out pizza and omg I needed one after smelling it the craving for one was crazy lol my hubby got one on his way home from work hehe! It was so good

I have totally gone off cheese toasties and soup! The two things I eat a lot off. I would actually kill for some chip shop chips right now mmmmmm.

I have told my mum and that's all I will tell the rest of my family when I see them. My dd will find out after 12 week scan. She may suspect if this nausea keeps up though as I was the same with my ds and she just thought I had the flu for 6 weeks :haha:

Thank you girls. Me and Robin keep falling out too. One of those days!!

My only weird craving right now is the lemons! Though I do keep dreaming about a Domino's pizza, and chips in gravy!

hello April bunnies! new bunny signing up here and can't wait to meet my new bunny due on the 15th of April (my dd will be 16 months by then)

excited and scared of having 2 under 2...but I really can't wait! we're mostly decided on staying team yellow this time which is adding to my impatience!

has anyone else gone off their food? I have to force myself to eat because the hunger triggers a bit of nausea for me. but I had no trouble downing 5 choc cookies and a white choc kinder bueno (i don't even like white chocolate! too sweet!). sweets interest, same as my pregnancy with dd.

Thanks Rebecca I have some B6 in the cupboard but right now I don't think I could swallow the tablet. I'm going to try my sea bands.

Oswin - I'm having a similar day with Ashley, we're not really falling out but we're sick of the sight of each after being stuck inside together for too long. Really hope I feel up to taking him out tomorrow.

Wow, I've missed so much. I had subscribed to the thread but the daily email was getting sent to my junk folder for some reason :shrug:

First tri seems to be really dragging for me, I feel sick all the time now and I just want this bit out of the way. I had bloods done because of the vertigo I had experienced last week and everything was fine so not sure why it happened but it hasn't happened since thank God.

Oh, how do I get the April Bunnies logo for my signature? :thumbup:

(and Northern_me, I'm due on the 14th :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->