~~April Flowers 2014 ~~ 96 moms ~~ 31 Team Blue~~ 16 Team Pink

Only just catching up on the last few days!

:( my heart breaks for the little beans that haven't made it - so close to home as we're all in the same boat hoping and praying that all is well! I haven't had a scan yet, and STILL waiting on a scan date after the midwife refered me almost 2 weeks ago so I could have my scan at 10 weeks before I go on hols! Got my first appointment with her on friday - it still doesn't feel real yet and that makes me sad, and worries me that something is wrong! *sigh*

No I have thrush down there all though I have an awful sore throat today to and I had sharp pains in my abdomen last night although I think it could of been gas.
I'm probably over thinking and panicking but I'm trying not to be too attached and haven't told many about this pregnancy. Cannot wait until I've seen a heartbeat 7weeks to wait :(

I feel the same hun, its the worst time ever waiting for the scan i worry every second that im not having the right symptoms as i had mcs before. Doesnt help i found out bfp at 3w4d. time dragsssss

:( my heart breaks for the little beans that haven't made it - so close to home as we're all in the same boat hoping and praying that all is well! I haven't had a scan yet, and STILL waiting on a scan date after the midwife refered me almost 2 weeks ago so I could have my scan at 10 weeks before I go on hols! Got my first appointment with her on friday - it still doesn't feel real yet and that makes me sad, and worries me that something is wrong! *sigh*

Please stay positive hun theres so much going in your body that you are even unaware of. Your little bub's is growing and changing every day. You have no signs to worry so count it as a blessing and try and enjoy your pregnancy. :cloud9: If its a hard wait, have you thought about booking a private scan? :)

Went to see my GP today after seeing her about my spotting last week. She has booked me in for a scan on Friday when I'll be 6weeks 4days. She said that sometimes even a little spotting can mean that the pregnancy has failed. I know she was just being realistic so I don't get my hopes up too much, but I'm feeling so scared now that I have lost the baby. I suppose it's better to find out either way than keep worrying.

@mayb_baby: here are a couple links regarding safe treatment for thrush:
https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/yeastinfectionpreg.html

https://www.mayoclinic.com/health/yeast-infection-during-pregnancy/AN02076

Hope you're feeling better soon. Thrush is no fun. Also try eating yogurt daily! A good natural remedy.

@steatite: ugh, don't you love "practical advice..." I don't. FX for your upcoming scan. Please try not to dwell on negative and worry. I do believe there is value in protecting your heart from the worst possible scenario by being prepared for bad news, but on the other hand, countless women have spotting throughout their pregnancy and things end up a-ok. Try to keep your chin up. We are here for you either way. It may also help to tell a few trusted friends what you're going through, in order to have some "real life" support too... If you're stubborn like me you may not have told a soul.

RaeChay, thanks so much for your message. It really helps to have the support on this board. I have told one close friend about the pregnancy and the spotting, so I know I will have her support.

The worst thing about the scan being Friday is that we are going down to see my parents immediately afterwards (planned for weeks, train tickets booked etc.), so I will either be giving them a wonderful surprise (first grandchild, they had no idea we were trying), or I will have to give them a double shock that a) I was pregnant and b) I no longer am. It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster either way.

Please stay positive hun theres so much going in your body that you are even unaware of. Your little bub's is growing and changing every day. You have no signs to worry so count it as a blessing and try and enjoy your pregnancy. :cloud9: If its a hard wait, have you thought about booking a private scan? :)

Will def book a private scan if they can't fit us in at the hospital before hols!

Steatite- I am in quite the same boat. After I had my "miscarriage" (I bled bad HEAVY/CLOTS for 2 days..) we went to the ER and all they did was test my levels, which only went up 40% after 3 days, which still isn't good.

Doctors frustrate me.. I can't wait to get into an OB that cares about me, but we have Medicaid so that may not happen either. Our scan is Thursday. Hoping for a heartbeat. Will be keeping you in my thoughts. Are you feeling sick at all?

Hi Morgan, all the best for your scan. I'll be thinking of you. There are just so many unknowns aren't there?

I've been feeling sick in the afternoons, usually comes on at about 4. I haven't actually been sick yet, but I've had a couple of near misses. My appetite has also taken a dive in the last week. I can only eat about 1/2 a plate of food before I feel uncomfortably full and stay that way for hours. Peppermint tea helps, I find.

What about you? How are you feeling?

Reno- I'm glad that you are able to book in for a private scan. We can get a private scan here, but they are just for fun. You have to prove that you have already had a diagnostic scan with your Dr. We get more scans from the Dr's here though. I can't wait to see a pic of your bean.

Steatite- I am thinking of you this week. I am sure all will go fine on Friday. I hope you have a great scan followed by a great trip. :hugs:

Morganwhite7- I also have medicaid, and have found a great Dr. I've always had private insurance through work and liked that I was able to move from doc to doc until I liked one. I hope you find an ob that you like. It's so hard finding a provider that accepts new medicaid patients, it is definitely frustrating. I am thinking of you and hope your scan goes well.

Hey ladies I got my ultrasound today at 8 weeks! https://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/amcolecchi/20130904_081804_zps8b9a0b32.jpg everything is looking good, my hubby and I are so excited! We got to hear the heartbeat too!! 157 :)

Hey ladies I got my ultrasound today at 8 weeks! https://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy310/amcolecchi/20130904_081804_zps8b9a0b32.jpg everything is looking good, my hubby and I are so excited! We got to hear the heartbeat too!! 157 :)

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance:

Just getting caught up over the last few days! Congratulations on the wonderful scan Amcolecchi!!

AFM, I had very light brown spotting for about an hour last night. Naturally was worried but it went away and normal MS hit me last night as usual so not dwelling on it. Our first appointment is tomorrow! Not sure if we will get an US but will get to hear the HB! So excited!

Beautiful scan, Amcolecchi!!

Steatite and Morgan, I can sympathize with the very tough waiting game. DS was conceived after back-to-back miscarriages, both of which started with spotting. When I started spotting with DS at 6 weeks I freaked out, thinking the worst, and DH drove me straight to the ob, sobbing. They did a quick vaginal ultrasound, and there was a flickering heartbeat! DS is sitting here with me as I type. Spotting can be a bad sign, but it can also be completely fine. I SO wish there was a way to know for sure so that so many ladies didn't have to spend so much time worrying! I will be thinking of you both and your upcoming scans :hugs:

No symptoms here. Actually, I am completely exhausted and fatigued, but that's it. I attribute it mostly to giving up my coffee! I'm from Seattle, and we LOVE our coffee :haha:

RaeChay, thanks so much for your message. It really helps to have the support on this board. I have told one close friend about the pregnancy and the spotting, so I know I will have her support.

The worst thing about the scan being Friday is that we are going down to see my parents immediately afterwards (planned for weeks, train tickets booked etc.), so I will either be giving them a wonderful surprise (first grandchild, they had no idea we were trying), or I will have to give them a double shock that a) I was pregnant and b) I no longer am. It's going to be an emotional rollercoaster either way.

Your parents love you and they will be your biggest supporters no matter the outcome. Hang in there:flower:

Thank you ladies! And yes waiting is horrible!! But tomorrow when you go and get to hear the heartbeat it is all worth it!!

Thanks Wamommy- Very reassuring.. less than 24 hours and we'll know... It has been a LONG 2DW !!! ;)

Good luck for your scans Morgan & Steatite. Keeping everything crossed for you both. :hugs:

Yay on the scan Amcolecchi :) Glad all is well.

My 12 week scan is on 7th October. Sooooo far away! It's not even worth thinking about yet :shrug: I'm back at the MW tomorrow for them to (attempt to) take more blood to replace the 'dropped' sample. Will have to take Rex with me as it's my day off do no child are. I hope he sits still & doesn't respond badly to someone making mummy bleed :dohh:

My colleague had a box of chocolates today. She offered me one & I accepted. But it took all my will to chew it & swallow it :( What is that about?! I'm a chocoholic usually!!! Another food aversion, great :( No chocolate, no coffee. I'm going to be left with nothing :haha:

Ah my scan is on 7th october too Sazzle!

Fab piccy Amcolecchi!

I have actually been able to eat normally today for the first time in 4 days!! But I'm getting hungry really quick and if i eat straight away i feel fine but I couldnt eat straight away earlier at work and it switched to sickness real quick so going to keep snacking and hope it keeps the sickness at bay!

This time next week we'll have had our private scan- baby should be 9 weeks then so don't know exactly what to expect to see, hopefully more baby shaped than the last scan :) Just need it to put my mind at rest, I'm panicking that every sign is a bad one, the fact I feel better today worries me in case the worst has happened and thats why I don't feel sick?! Hopefully its just a better day but its just so easy to read into every little thing :( Bring on next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->