• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April IUI thread!

nik25

Reaction score
Just thought i'd start a new thread for all of us. Here's a little about me: Hubby and I are both late 20's, unexplained infertility, and have been ttc for almost 3 years. We tried 4 months of 50 mg Clomid (cd 5-9) with no luck, then took 2 months off and this month again 50 mg of Clomid (cd 3-7). I'm now on cd 11 praying for that smiley opk so I can rush the following morning 3 hours away for our first IUI. I'm just wondering if anyone got pregnant on thier first IUI. Since I took clomid days 3-7 when should I Ovulate? I normally take it days 5-9 and O on day 16. Thanks!! and good luck to all of you also:hugs:

Just found out last night my IUI #1 from March did not work. I'm on to April #2 IUI!

Sorry for the sad news:( fx'd for this month!! I've heard the second or third month usually works for most people.

Well girls I just got my smiley opk! Just called and made my appt for in the morning for my first IUI!!! So excited! My hubby is being a big grouch! I know he obviously he is not thrilled about having to provide a sample but this is just the way things have to happen for us:/ how did your partner feel about the whole sample thing?

Well girls I just got my smiley opk! Just called and made my appt for in the morning for my first IUI!!! So excited! My hubby is being a big grouch! I know he obviously he is not thrilled about having to provide a sample but this is just the way things have to happen for us:/ how did your partner feel about the whole sample thing?

We just had our second iui on Monday and hubby wasn't thrilled about the sample either. He was uncomfortable going into the office in the little room and doing his business in there...lol. He did it though cause he knows it has to be done, so your dh being a grouch about it is normal...lol. I know it's not a possibility for you cause you have to drive three hours away, but our fs is allowing him to do the sample at home and take it up the office next cycle...fxd there won't be one. But we literally live about 5 mins away. Maybe if you guys stay overnight he could do the sample at the hotel or something like that and take it in?

Do you guys mind if I join you? I'm having a hard time fitting in on this forum because I'm new and I have noticed that members ignore newbies for some reason.
I'm having my first IUI this month as well. I was supposed to have one last month, but my lining was too thin at 5mm so the IUI was cancelled.

I'm 29 and my husband is 34. We have been trying for our first for over 2 years now and have never seen a positive pregnancy test :( It's very hard on me and I could really use some support, but I don't know where to get any. So far they have found nothing wrong with me, or so they have said. I don't produce that many follicles and don't responde well to clomid. I have taken clomid for 2 cycles and am now on my second month of Famera, but don't respond well to that either. My AFC is only 6 which scares the crap out of me. I also have a luteal phase defect and low progesterone. I never have any more than 1 mature follicle on medication when the doctor said that they like to see at least 4 on meds. I was supposed to start Gonal F this cycle too, but I had a cyst (like I always do from the meds), so that was cancelled.

I wish everyone here the best of luck and I will be praying for you all that your IUI's work!

I'm sorry for rambling, but I feel so alone.

YAY for your positive smiley OPK! I'm sorry your husband is having a hard time with giving a sample. I can only imagine how embarrassed it can be for them. I remember when my husband had his first semen analysis done and when I went with him the walls were so thin that we could hear everything that was going on outside. It didn't seem to bother him though.

Frustrated, Im pretty new to bnb too. I know it seems sometimes like everyone knows each other and ignores the new girl. It's just like being back in high school..ha! You just have to find one where you get positive feedback. Maybe this will be your thread, welcome! I think we all come to this site for support and to know we aren't alone in this. Even if you have a supportive spouse, they just can fully understand the way a woman
Experiencing the same thing can. I hope you have good luck this month!

Nik25, yes I think a lot of men have a hard time with giving a sample and IUI. I know mine was against it, but realized it's what we need to do. No matter how we get there it's still all from us and would be ours. My doctors office also allows us to bring the sample in which I think helps. Maybe you can work that out somehow for next time.

AFM I'm not sure if I will be needing an April IUI or not, just anticipating the possibility. I will no for sure by Monday afternoon from bloodwork.

Welcome frustrated. I had the same problem fitting in when I first came to the sight. I was in the ttc forum, but once I moved over to this side it was a little easier. I also started a journal which is nice because whether people respond or not is not the point...it's for you to get it all out. Fxd for your IUI.

L4hope...I'm trying to be patient waiting for your results, but it's so hard...lol. I get like this when I have or begin to build a relationship with ladies on here. Keeping my fxd for you too that next month we will have to visit you on a preggo thread instead of one of the iui threads!

I actually started this thread, b/c I felt like all of my other posts were ignored or no one cared to talk. I'm so glad you ladies took the time :) This will be our support system for the month! Maybe next month we will stay in a hotel so that it's not so embarresing. I'm sure it's just a guy thing, but he's just acting grouchy about it all. My dh is also a farmer, so he's stressed to the max. Our crops need rain and there is none in the forecast. If you all don't mind me asking where are you all from? I'm from South East Missouri. US. Prayers and fingers crossed for all of us!!

No Doubt you are too funny! I'm glad I read your post this morning! I'm feeling a little doubtful so you definitely made me smile this morning :) 3 more days!

I think we have a good thread going here girls! I am also in PA.

No Doubt you are too funny! I'm glad I read your post this morning! I'm feeling a little doubtful so you definitely made me smile this morning :) 3 more days!

I think we have a good thread going here girls! I am also in PA.

Gotta spread as much baby dust as possible...lol. But I do get antsy waiting to see what's going on with my girls. One of the girls to a journal that I frequent was MIA for a few days a cause her kids on break from school and they keep stealing het laptop. She about where you are in het cycle and finally checked back in yesterday. I told her no more MIA...especially at such a critical time...lol. I don't like being in the dark. I was totally that kid that was always like "I wanna know"...lol.

Well don't worry too much if you don't hear from me this weekend while I'm away. I'll be back Sunday night or Monday morning!

We will also be doing an IUI, probably next week sometime. We're unexplained and had one failed IUI in December, it was unmedicated. This is our first cycle with clomid at all 50mg CD 3-7. I'll go in for a follicle check and bloodwork when my OPK is positive and I'm supposed to start checking for positives Sunday the 15th.

We just got back from our first IUI appt!! Hubby had 20 million 300 thousand swimmers post wash. I'm not real sure what that means but the Dr. Seemed like it was really good. Fx'd for us all! This is going to be the longest 2ww ever! Also should dh and I still bd tonight?

We just got back from our first IUI appt!! Hubby had 20 million 300 thousand swimmers post wash. I'm not real sure what that means but the Dr. Seemed like it was really good. Fx'd for us all! This is going to be the longest 2ww ever! Also should dh and I still bd tonight?

YES!!!! Just for good measure...lol. But seriously my fs says to bd the night of or next morning after iui if possible.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I was totally expecting to be ignored. So I was supposed to get injections this month but I had a cyst :( Do any of you get cysts from medication? Ever since I started taking Clomid I have been getting cysts every month.

nik25, those SA numbers sound great. I wish you all the best and will pray that you get pregnant this month.

fisher640, I will also be having an IUI next week too, well as long as everything goes well. I was supposed to have one in March but my lining was too thin. I'm afraid that it will be too thin again. I will be going in for a follicle check on Tuesday.

l4hope, I hope you have a great weekend.

No Doubt, I have my fingers crossed that your IUI has worked. I can't wait to hear the outcome. When are you going to be taking a pregnancy test?

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I was totally expecting to be ignored. So I was supposed to get injections this month but I had a cyst :( Do any of you get cysts from medication? Ever since I started taking Clomid I have been getting cysts every month.

nik25, those SA numbers sound great. I wish you all the best and will pray that you get pregnant this month.

fisher640, I will also be having an IUI next week too, well as long as everything goes well. I was supposed to have one in March but my lining was too thin. I'm afraid that it will be too thin again. I will be going in for a follicle check on Tuesday.

l4hope, I hope you have a great weekend.

No Doubt, I have my fingers crossed that your IUI has worked. I can't wait to hear the outcome. When are you going to be taking a pregnancy test?

Here is too for you...and the rest of you ladies. I have heard on other forums that chocolate is good at building your lining. One girl at a candy bar a day and hers was 13mm, so it's worth a try. And milk and pineapple core are good for implantation...again worth a try. I'm about to start gobbling down pineapple and drowning myself in milk...lol.

I won't be testing until af is supposed to show around the 23, but if it doesn't I'm gonna try to wait until the 5 week mark so the 28th. Its less stressful for me this way. But I have to know by then cause my fs does a scan at 5.5 weeks and at 8 weeks. Once they hear a hb, I go to my gyno.

I do not think I could wait that long to test. If I were you I would test on the 23rd.

I read somewhere that drinking milk can help so I started to drink it. I have also read that soaking your feet in hot water helps blood flow to the uterus so I have been doing that as well. I don't think I could try the pineapple core because I hate pineapples.

I am not sure when I will be having the IUI, but I think it will be sometime next week. I am on cycle day 5 but I have been ovulating earlier lately so it is very likely I will have the IUI next week, well that is of course if everything goes well.

I hope that you are all having a fantastic weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->