• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April IUI thread!

I'm just hanging out waiting for my positive OPK, today is CD13... I suspect it will be in the next two days.

I have a question for those of you who are more experienced with clomid (this is my first month)... as far as side effects go I see lots of people posting about side effects while they're taking them, but I've been feeling somewhat lousy the last few days CD 10-13 and I'm wondering if I should be blaming it on the clomid even though I took my last one on CD7. I've got lower abdominal bloating and pressure and nausea and just feeling kind of bleh. And clomid supposedly stays in your system for a while afterwords, plus I'm thinking if I have more than one follicle all the bloating and whatnot seems to make more sense now? I don't know? Maybe it's just a bug of some sort.

I always feel yuck after clomid. This month I'm extremely bloated so fingers crossed for us. Good luck!! Hope you get your positive opk soon!!

Nik maybe you should contact your fs and ask them. They may be able to get you in for a scan or bw or at least have an answer for you over the phone. Are you having any other O like symptoms like ewcm or a high soft cervix? Maybe check those things as well. I'm not sure hut your chart does look like it already happened.

Fisher I've been taking clomid for 8 months now and I get cramps, bloating...all of that. Every month it seems to get worse. The only thing I can say to you is to watch out for overstimulation. I don't know about you but I was Oing before the clomid. When they did my initial scan I had 4 follies between 22 and 29. Not sure if the size makes any difference. I don't think you are experiencing anything abnormal but if you are concerned call your fs. Are they monitoring you...doing a scan and bw?

I'm not overly concerned about overstimulation cause I'm not in 'pain' just bloated feeling. They are monitoring me. The day I have a positive OPK I go in for US and bloodwork. So I'll let you know if the bloating was for good reason! I too was ovulating on my own. We're unexplained so the clomid & IUI is just something to try :-/

Thanks! I didn't take trigger or anything else just clomid and IUI. I'm worried that's what's happening too but my chart looks like I o'd. Also again today very strong positive!

Can you ring an ask your doc an go in for ultrasound to confirm you already Od or that your just about 2,they should see you especially after paying for iui.. Good look x

Can any of you girls tell me what the pineapple thing I'm hearing about with iui when do you take it. Do you drink it in juice or eat it?? Thanks:thumbup:

I'm just hanging out waiting for my positive OPK, today is CD13... I suspect it will be in the next two days.

I have a question for those of you who are more experienced with clomid (this is my first month)... as far as side effects go I see lots of people posting about side effects while they're taking them, but I've been feeling somewhat lousy the last few days CD 10-13 and I'm wondering if I should be blaming it on the clomid even though I took my last one on CD7. I've got lower abdominal bloating and pressure and nausea and just feeling kind of bleh. And clomid supposedly stays in your system for a while afterwords, plus I'm thinking if I have more than one follicle all the bloating and whatnot seems to make more sense now? I don't know? Maybe it's just a bug of some sort.

Hey fisher clomid only stays in your body for 24 hours after your last pill. But all your describing sounds like a pretty strong ovulation is on its way hopefully with more than one follicle. Clomid made me pretty crazy lol hoping the injectables don't do the same thing.

Thanks! I didn't take trigger or anything else just clomid and IUI. I'm worried that's what's happening too but my chart looks like I o'd. Also again today very strong positive!

Can you ring an ask your doc an go in for ultrasound to confirm you already Od or that your just about 2,they should see you especially after paying for iui.. Good look x

Can any of you girls tell me what the pineapple thing I'm hearing about with iui when do you take it. Do you drink it in juice or eat it?? Thanks:thumbup:

I had posted a few tips I picked up along the way of ttc from some of the other girls on various forums and pineapple core is suppose to help with implantation. I was reading a forum where a girl started eating it about a week before implantation was supposed to happen and she's now preggo with twins. So I thought I would try it this cycle. Some people don't like pineapple. I do so it doesn't bother me. I just buy a whole pineapple and slice it up and have so many slices a day. She didn't like pineapple so she would blend it into a smoothie to mask the taste.

Thanks nodoubt I'll defo be giving it a try I like pineapple so won't do any harm. Id try anything at this stage.has anyone had success on there first iui??

Hey fisher clomid only stays in your body for 24 hours after your last pill. But all your describing sounds like a pretty strong ovulation is on its way hopefully with more than one follicle. Clomid made me pretty crazy lol hoping the injectables don't do the same thing.

Actually Clomid's half life is 5-7days, meaning 5 days later 50% of it is still in your body. That's why they only have you take it at the very beginning of your cycle and only for 5 days.

I'm sure hoping for more than 1 follicle, I'm pretty sure more than 1 follicle is the only thing that will make me feel like there is a possibility after all these cycles of having the optimism beat out of me!

I'm doing good. Been feeling crampy today and yesterday so with af a week away here's hoping. The weirdest thing happened yesterday though. Our neighbor stopped by to drop of a gift for us. He told my hubby that when he talked to me Friday that I was glowing and that he had a vision and we were having a girl. The gift was a baby doll. And before he left he told my hubby "congrats dad" and that he wanted to be the first to congratulate us. He's a 65 year old man. Real nice but real chatty, so I didn't go to the door, just the hubbs. But I just thought that was strange. Maybe I shouldn't though. I'm hoping he sees something I don't cause my skin is breaking out something horrible so I don't feel very "glowy" right now...lol. But other than that I'm doing pretty good. Glad you're already feeling better. Like you said, nothing to do but get back on the horse. Fxd thus cycle is exactly what you
need.

No doubt I really hope that your neighbor is clairvoyant or whatever you want to call it! I'm getting anxious to hear your results next week! Bring some good luck to this group!!

Hey, I hope everyone's cycles are going well!

I had my day 5 follicle scan and got my clomid on Monday, so here goes nothing! (1st round of IUI) I have PCOS, so I had a ton of follicles, seems like almost too many! Like a dozen on the right (with one cyst, small enough to not matter i guess), and 18-20 on the other side. Is this normal for you PCOS gals who have done this before?

On one hand I'm very excited to be trying something new, but on the other hand I was driving home with a couple hundred dollars worth of pills and trigger injections, directions for myself and for hubby, thinking to myself "wow, this is not how I imagined this was going to happen". They sure don't tell you about this when you spend half of your peak fertile time trying NOT to get pregnant! I realize that being in a bad mood doesn't help, but I know this is the place to come when you need to share stuff like this with someone!

I love all the info on stuff like pineapple, I've been eating a lot of pineapple core the week after O'ing! :) Keep the tips and advice coming!

Actually Clomid's half life is 5-7days, meaning 5 days later 50% of it is still in your body. That's why they only have you take it at the very beginning of your cycle and only for 5 days.

I'm sure hoping for more than 1 follicle, I'm pretty sure more than 1 follicle is the only thing that will make me feel like there is a possibility after all these cycles of having the optimism beat out of me!

There's so much conflicting stuff out there that I don't think we will ever know the truth about what we put in our bodies. But as long sat there's a chance of a :bfp: I'll continue 2 put anything they tell me in :wacko:

No pressure l4hope...lol. Jk...I hope that's the case too though. Since the crampiness a couple days ago I haven't really had any symptoms. That's weird for me cause normally I have all kind of symptoms by now...lol. But I am glad that this cycle hasn't been full of headaches which does normally happen with my shift in hormones.

Another positive opk for me today! Erg... Not sure what to think. I really think I o'd on cd 14 though. I go in for a progesterone check tomorrow so I guess that will help tell me figure it out. Would that be able to tell if I was pregnant?

Another positive opk for me today! Erg... Not sure what to think. I really think I o'd on cd 14 though. I go in for a progesterone check tomorrow so I guess that will help tell me figure it out. Would that be able to tell if I was pregnant?

The progesterone levels won't be able to tell you if are preggo cause your body pumps out progesterone whether your pregnant or not. Pregnant women's progesterone is usually higher than the norm, but if you're like me and have a lot of follies, it still won't matter. I've had as high as 115 when they used to test me for it every month and we obviously know how that turned out.

Thanks! When do you plan on testing?

Thanks! When do you plan on testing?

I don't...too stressful for me. I say that but always end up testing like the day before my period...lol. But hopefully I can stick to it this month. If she's not on time I will test on cd35...next Saturday.

I also had my first IUI on 4/13 as well! I hope this is our month! I did letrozole cd 4-8 with trigger!

That's awesome that you can wait! I end up caving In and testing but I think this month I'm going to be strong and not test until af is due. This is our month!! I just know it! Baby dust to all of us!

:hi: ladies ,

i have done my April IUI on the 11th April, had my Progesterone blood test done yesterday, i should get my figures this morning some time..... hoping its going to be high again. The first iui last month was good, progesterone was at 125 but still a BFN..... i hope and pray this round will be different and result in a positive....
:winkwink:

only since yesterday i noticed my boobs are sore to the touch, not just on the sides but my whole boob,,,, i hope its because of the progesterone being high :shrug:

i am so gonna try not to test untill i do my beta,,,,, seems whenever i test, its a BFN...... :shrug:

ia there no magic pill one can drink, i wish ....... :dohh:

baby dust to you all..... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"