• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April IUI thread!

The pineapple doesn't bother me...I love pineapple. But the other girl doing it didn't like it either so she would blend if up in a smoothie. Good luck to all you ladies!!!!

hey guys had an IUI in Feb didn't work. Going to have my second in April love to see how we all get on. good luck guys

I had one positive opk the day before we had our IUI. Since my opks were negative after that I figured I just had a short lh surge. Now two 2dpiui I had a huge temp rise and my opks are positive again. Just wondering what do you all think? We bd yesterday also.

I had one positive opk the day before we had our IUI. Since my opks were negative after that I figured I just had a short lh surge. Now two 2dpiui I had a huge temp rise and my opks are positive again. Just wondering what do you all think? We bd yesterday also.

Well, I looked at your chart and it looks like you could have Oed on the 10th or the 14th, but considering you got a positive opk today, I would go with the 14th being O. It's possible to get a positive opk the day after O...I did this cycle.

I have a question - we have been ltttc #1 and are doing our first IUI this cycle. I have my follicle scan tomorrow, and I was wondering how can they differentiate an ovarian cyst from a follicle? I have PCOS so I'm SO worried after reading peoples posts that I'll have a cyst and we'll have to bail on this cycle. Is it the size that differentiates a cyst from a follicle? How many follicles are "normal"? Tomorrow is CD5, I've seen people who do clomid starting from days 1 to days 5, is earlier or later better or worse? I'm guessing it's kind of a trial and error type if thing.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate any insight!

I have a question - we have been ltttc #1 and are doing our first IUI this cycle. I have my follicle scan tomorrow, and I was wondering how can they differentiate an ovarian cyst from a follicle? I have PCOS so I'm SO worried after reading peoples posts that I'll have a cyst and we'll have to bail on this cycle. Is it the size that differentiates a cyst from a follicle? How many follicles are "normal"? Tomorrow is CD5, I've seen people who do clomid starting from days 1 to days 5, is earlier or later better or worse? I'm guessing it's kind of a trial and error type if thing.

Can't tell you how much I appreciate any insight!

I've seen clomid taken on all different days and women get preggo from different days. I don't think if take it sooner or later that it will increase or decrease your chance of cysts. I have pcos and have never had a cyst so having this does not mean you will get cysts and if you do, it doesn't mean they will abandon the cycle. From what I've seen they tend to base is on the size of the cyst...the bigger it is the more likely the cycle is to be canceled due to possible risks from the cyst. And a cyst and a follicle look different. If you google them, a cyst looks almost like a bumo/lump on you ovary where a follicle looks like a thin long tentacle...almost like little hairs on your ovary (sorry for the bad analogies). As far as how many they like to see...I think that more depends on your fs. But if you have at least one mature follicle they will/should continue. My fs said a mature follicle is 16mm or more but you won't be there at day 5. You should be at least here by the day you O. Hope this helps.

Hiya Im new to this me and my boyf have been trying for 4 years had 2 m/c started 50mg of clomid was told to take on day 2-7 im on day 10 now been for u/s this morning have 3 large follicles i am due to be scanned again on wed how successful have people been on clomid and how do you cope with 2ww i go out my mind but hoping to be successful this month

I can't give you exact statistics on clomid but I know several people have been successful on it. Maybe check the success stories area. People post in there about their success on clomid all the time. Some people don't react to it but that doesn't seem to be the case with you. As for the tww, I've just tried occupying my time with other things that interest me like hobbies or places I want to go...even if it's just to a new restaurant. It's hard, but the more you focus on other things the less you focus on the tww and the more cycles you do it, it gets easier, but hopefully you won't have to try too many cycles.

Welcome Frustrated20, we have similar situations. IUI in March didn't work, so I'm doing #2 this month.

Hello everyone and welcome to the new additions to this thread! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone to have a successful April! I am officially going to be moving on to IUI #2 this month. Bloodwork came back negative today so AF should arrive in the next day or so. Tomorrow I meet with the doctor to discuss our next step since he does not want to continue with clomid. I'm definitely feeling down today, I just want to finally be the one to be pregnant. As I'm sure we all do. I had a great weekend with all of my girls from home this weekend. But, one of our friends shared with us that she was pregnant. I lost it in front of everyone! Then I felt bad for crying when she was sharing happy news. Oh this rollercoaster has too many ups and downs...I'm just ready to be off this ride!

Aww...I'm sorry l4hope. The rollercoaster does have way too many ups and downs. But I'm glad you were at least able to enjoy you weekend, even if you did breakdown in front of everyone. I'm sure they understand. And its ok to be down...just don't stay there to long cause you gotta get back to making those babies ;)

Well girls I just got my smiley opk! Just called and made my appt for in the morning for my first IUI!!! So excited! My hubby is being a big grouch! I know he obviously he is not thrilled about having to provide a sample but this is just the way things have to happen for us:/ how did your partner feel about the whole sample thing?

My hubby hated the idea of doing the sample at the office. And then when he went there, whatever form they gave him to fill out said that we could have used some special condom - LOL I am a little upset they let him read that but i think the best chances for the best quality are to do it RIGHT THERE and had it over. But since he read the note, if there HAS to be a month 2, he will likely want to purchase the special condom thingy!

BTW I had my first IUI Friday 4/13 - This is the longest two week wait ever. I test on 4/27 and really hoping to be able to give Hubby a nice bday gift (4/28).

Hello everyone and welcome to the new additions to this thread! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone to have a successful April! I am officially going to be moving on to IUI #2 this month. Bloodwork came back negative today so AF should arrive in the next day or so. Tomorrow I meet with the doctor to discuss our next step since he does not want to continue with clomid. I'm definitely feeling down today, I just want to finally be the one to be pregnant. As I'm sure we all do. I had a great weekend with all of my girls from home this weekend. But, one of our friends shared with us that she was pregnant. I lost it in front of everyone! Then I felt bad for crying when she was sharing happy news. Oh this rollercoaster has too many ups and downs...I'm just ready to be off this ride!

Hey! I understand exactly where you are coming from. I haven't gotten to the point of losing it in front of people if they are genuinely happy, but it's hard being around people upset about being pregnant. My sister, although only 20 at the time, was DEVASTATED at the news. Not only was she given a gift I have only been able to hope and pray for over several years of trying, but she was able to give my parents their first grandchild I was devastated - not because she was pregnant, but because she didn't even appreciate it.

I hope this journey ends soon for us all. Baby dust to all!

No Doubt- thank you! I'm already starting to think about my appt tomorrow and hope that our next step will be just what I need. We just have to pick ourselves up and move forward right?! How about you? how are you feeling?

Newlywedgal- yes it's hard to be around someone who doesn't appreciate this precious gift. Lord knows we all will be so grateful and appreciative when we finally get there! Good luck on your tww!

No Doubt- thank you! I'm already starting to think about my appt tomorrow and hope that our next step will be just what I need. We just have to pick ourselves up and move forward right?! How about you? how are you feeling?

Newlywedgal- yes it's hard to be around someone who doesn't appreciate this precious gift. Lord knows we all will be so grateful and appreciative when we finally get there! Good luck on your tww!

I'm doing good. Been feeling crampy today and yesterday so with af a week away here's hoping. The weirdest thing happened yesterday though. Our neighbor stopped by to drop of a gift for us. He told my hubby that when he talked to me Friday that I was glowing and that he had a vision and we were having a girl. The gift was a baby doll. And before he left he told my hubby "congrats dad" and that he wanted to be the first to congratulate us. He's a 65 year old man. Real nice but real chatty, so I didn't go to the door, just the hubbs. But I just thought that was strange. Maybe I shouldn't though. I'm hoping he sees something I don't cause my skin is breaking out something horrible so I don't feel very "glowy" right now...lol. But other than that I'm doing pretty good. Glad you're already feeling better. Like you said, nothing to do but get back on the horse. Fxd thus cycle is exactly what you need.

Well girls I'm confused now lol. Again today I'm having positive opks, stronger lines than ever. My chart looks like I O'd already hopefully lol. Just wondering what you all think. I'm almost 4dpiui

Well girls I'm confused now lol. Again today I'm having positive opks, stronger lines than ever. My chart looks like I O'd already hopefully lol. Just wondering what you all think. I'm almost 4dpiui

I'm still going with the 14th...

Thanks! That's what Im thinking also. Maybe I just still have some of those hormones left over. I should stop testing but it's too tempting lol.

Hi girls really hope you don't mind me jumping in looking for some support I'm due 2 start my first iui cycle in about 2 weeks my foc has put me on nasel spray an ganola f injections with trigger shot anyone else taking this combination??

Nic 25 just to jump in with another opinion.. Did you take a trigger shot for ovulation?? Coz of you didn't it's possible that your body geared up to O but for some reason didn't an now it's gearing up to O again that's why opk are positive again I'd bed anyway just 2 be on safe side :thumbup:

Thanks! I didn't take trigger or anything else just clomid and IUI. I'm worried that's what's happening too but my chart looks like I o'd. Also again today very strong positive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->