• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

April/may babies off 2016.... catch up help and and advice xx

Bekah, that's a great weight gain! How much did he weigh at birth?

We got my lo weighed at the drs the other day when she prescribed gaviscon for reflux... He now weighs 5.4kg 11lbs or so... The Dr asked his weight at birth as I forgot his red book then asked if I had gestational diabetes because she believes he was 'so big' I really didn't think an 8lb 5oz baby was really that big? Doesn't bother me just curious lol

I just got a text to book his 8 week vaccinations :|

He was 7lbs 13 at birth. 40+2. He was on the 50th %ile at 2.5 weeks and up on the 75th %ile now at 6.5 weeks.

We've got the vaccinations booked for a week on Tuesday. Not looking forward to that.

Hi ladies!
I haven't been on here for ages, we have had SO many illnesses in our house over the last mth. Thank goodness bub hasn't caught any.
I hate winter!
My little girl is 9 weeks old now. I can't quite believe it, at her 6 week check ( at 7 weeks because my other kids were sick ) she was 5.1kg ( bit over 11 pounds ) shes having her needles on Wednesday which we are also a week late on! Im so happy that we are still breast feeding she hasn't had a single bottle yet. ( this isn't to make anyone who bottle feeds to feel bad! ) all my other kids were either mix fed or fully on the bottle by now. Its just been a total different experience this time :) she generally sleeps 9:30pm and wakes around 5/5:30am for a feed then back to sleep when i have to get her up around 8am to take my big boys to school. Its so good compared to my boys, she sleeps better than my 2 year old!!!!
Hope everyone's bubbas are doing well!

I forgot about this thread. Hope everyone's little ones are doing well.

Freya is 8 weeks old now. Absolutely amazing baby and my easiest so far. We're still breastfeeding without any issues although she's still a little dink at about 9lbs ish.

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/370A8436-303C-46BA-B76B-0958A997969B_zpshzoyiut1.jpg

We've had a string of illnesses here too. DS had strep throat and then we had a family-wide gastrointestinal virus too. I was the last to get it and it was HORRIBLE. Somehow Beatrice never got sick. Must be that BF immune-system advantage. DS is still convalescing. He finished the antibiotics for the strep last week but even now is low on energy. We take him to the playground but he just wants to sit on the bench with me and then go home right away. So unlike his normal self. I don't know what is going on this season with illnesses...I've heard there are lots of kids sick with mononucleosis, sixth disease, or strep/scarlet fever.

I forgot about this thread. Hope everyone's little ones are doing well.

Freya is 8 weeks old now. Absolutely amazing baby and my easiest so far. We're still breastfeeding without any issues although she's still a little dink at about 9lbs ish.

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/370A8436-303C-46BA-B76B-0958A997969B_zpshzoyiut1.jpg
Shes gorgeous! My chunky monkey is just over 11pound now.

We've had a string of illnesses here too. DS had strep throat and then we had a family-wide gastrointestinal virus too. I was the last to get it and it was HORRIBLE. Somehow Beatrice never got sick. Must be that BF immune-system advantage. DS is still convalescing. He finished the antibiotics for the strep last week but even now is low on energy. We take him to the playground but he just wants to sit on the bench with me and then go home right away. So unlike his normal self. I don't know what is going on this season with illnesses...I've heard there are lots of kids sick with mononucleosis, sixth disease, or strep/scarlet fever.
Yep its crazy how many illnesses are around. We've had a vomiting bug go through our house 3 times now. 1st time just DS1 got it, 2nd time all 3 boys got it along with high temps 3rd time just DS2 And 1 got it. Hopefully no more!!!

12 lbs 1oz at 2months, birth weight 6.8lbs my little brick :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
Wow ladies i too havnt been on in a while as dd1 has has suckness bug so stressful but shes ok now..
Skylar didnt get it touch wood

Shes nearly 7 weeks and 11lb 14...
Shes not gaining as much as they like so health visiotr is coming every 4 weeks..

She was born 10lb 6 so a big girl.anyway.. and i eas tested for gd 2 weels b4 i had her and was clear

https://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/emma4g63/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06/Snapchat-5992574749429747734_zpshw4apycm.jpg

11lb 14oz is still a really good weight at nearly 7 weeks. Erica was weighed at 7 weeks and was 11lb 2oz. Admittedly, she was a fair bit smaller at birth but maybe Skylar just wasn't meant to be quite as big as her birth weight suggested and she's finding her line. Hopefully her weight settles soon and the health visitor isn't too concerned.

Hi ladies! I finally found some time to log back in and catch up.

Alex is almost 8 weeks old and is doing beautifully! He wasn't able to breastfeed at first due to having tongue and lip tie, and once he got a bottle and realized it was easier than breastfeeding, it was all over. I continued trying, but he would just sit at the boob and scream, so I just pump and we feed him bottles now. I also don't produce that much milk, but I'm trying to increase my supply. So he gets mostly formula, but he's a healthy little guy, so I'm not too worried. He was born at 9 lbs 15 oz and was 23 inches, and at his 1 month appointment, he weighed 11 lbs, 12 oz and was 24.5 inches, so he's a big boy. I can't wait to see how much he weighs at his 2 month appointment.

He's started sleeping through the night most nights, from 9 to 5 or 6, which is nice! He's also getting a more predictable nap schedule. He's been smiling since he was 5 weeks and he could hold his head up from the moment he was born. He can also "stand", that is to say, he can support his full weight on his legs, he just can't balance. He's also swatting at hanging toys now too. I feel like everyday he can do something new and I'm just having a blast watching him grow. I don't want to go back to work next month!

Attachments

• Alex 6.jpg
    Alex 6.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 4
Wow, she was even bigger than Alex! He was 9 lb 15 oz. I think 11 lb 14 oz is good though, especially if she's breastfed. Alex is drinking mostly formula and he's over 12 lbs, but he's almost 8 weeks. However, he also drinks about 5-6 oz of formula (or breastmilk) in a sitting and my family is on the tall side (dad and brother are both 6' 8") so it was expected that he would be quite large. Hang in there girl, I'm sure she's fine! Also, she's very very adorable!

Wow ladies i too havnt been on in a while as dd1 has has suckness bug so stressful but shes ok now..
Skylar didnt get it touch wood

Shes nearly 7 weeks and 11lb 14...
Shes not gaining as much as they like so health visiotr is coming every 4 weeks..

She was born 10lb 6 so a big girl.anyway.. and i eas tested for gd 2 weels b4 i had her and was clear

https://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/emma4g63/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-06/Snapchat-5992574749429747734_zpshw4apycm.jpg

Thanku ladies....

Alex is so cute and clever lil man...

I think milestones are the best !!! Just love seeing them grow.
Lucky you gettin those night sleeps...
Skylars gets up once ....hoping she will drop it and get up at 6am lol but heres hoping

We're still having a wake up each night too. Thankfully just the one, and we have had some good 7 hour stretches some nights. It all depends on how much of his bottle he's taken through the day.

Can't believe he's 8 weeks old today. He was weighing 12lbs 6 at 6weeks + 4 and he's had a good growth spurt since then. May have to get my scales out later to see what he is now. He's into 3-6mth clothes as he's too long for 0-3.

Lovely pictures of your little ones ladies. They're all so cute.

Wow beckha hes growin so well...

Skylars 58cm now too so 3cm longer since birth...shes tall like me :)

Dd1 is small like her daddy...

We get 7 hours at night too...which i think is good

My 8 week old is on formula (Aptimal) and is drinking 5fl oz. He sometimes goes up to 6fl oz when he's having a real growth spurt. Sometimes he drinks it all, other times he leaves some. That's about every two hours between 4am and 10pm.

Skylar still only has 2-3oz..
She sometimes has a odd 4oz but always seems uncomfortable aftrr it

I used to have to wind E after a each FL oz. Pretty much two mins of drinking then wind before offering the bottle back. If I didn't get the wind out of him he'd refuse to have anymore. Only the last day or two he pretty much drinks constantly and then is winded afterwards. I'm wondering if skylar is struggling with trapped wind? Thinks improved when I started adding gripe water to his bottle.

Thanks beckha...
I have tried gripe water it makes her sick and if i pull her off every 1oz or 2 she either screams yntil i give it her back of she wont av it and just had the 1oz !

Poor bubs has a snuffly nose as we av all had colds :(

Emma, how is Skylar's reflux? It's not nice for you all, but it's interesting that gripe water makes her sick. Erica had been on ranitidine for 3 weeks and I think it's helped slightly but my hubby has convinced himself that it's actually just bad trapped wind that's bothering her. We got gripe water a few days a go and she's been instantly sick on 4 of the 5 occasions we've used it. Hubby gave it to her the one time she wasn't sick so he thinks it's just me giving it to her too fast or rocking her too much when I'm trying to settle her. I really don't know what the problem is but it's interesting that Skylar and Erica have similar symptoms.

Erica is breastfed but she doesn't feed for long, and only takes 2-3oz when I give her an expressed bottle. She seems to get you uncomfortable after that, no matter how much I wind her, so I still think reflux is a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->