April/may babies off 2016.... catch up help and and advice xx

I think Beatrice is nearing 5 kg. She is doing well - spits up a lot but doesn't seem to be particularly bothered by it. I think she is a regular "happy spitter" like her brother was.
My favorite part of the day: the morning stretches and faces she makes when she is still calm and sleepy.
Least favorite: when she vomits right down my front, instantly wetting through all layers of her and me.
Attaching the heroic head lifting practice she has been doing. :baby:

Attachments

• head lift.jpg
    head lift.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 4
I love holding skylar and getting cuddles

Annoys me wen people say it makes a fussy baby

Awww glad eric had a good long sleep....

And older baby smiles are the best :)

Baby beatrice is gorgeous too xxx

I need to get skylar weighed...but its on mondays and its bank holiday...

Here she is today..

https://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n607/emma4g63/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-05/20160528_133950_zpssadiqs0g.jpg

Aww everyone babies still have really clear lovely skin... My lil boy has a really spotty face that is rough to touch :( his also got cradle cap coming in a lot on his head before it was more at the front of his head and on eyebrows. I'm using the dentinox shampoo and gonna give the olive oil a go as suggested

Glad the gavsison is working Emma :thumbup:

Bekah, cute lil man and I love the play mat.. Is that a M&P one? I need to get LO one x
My bub is spotty with dry cheeks as well. Shes has been since 3 weeks and she's 7 weeks now!

Do your babies have days where they sleep more than others?

I feel like Freya has slept all day. In the ten hours today I reckon she's only been up about 4 of them in total!
Yep. Every 2nd day in fact lol one day she will sleep nicely during the day and then the next day shes an absolute nightmare and will only take short naps in my arms. Then the next day shes an angel again. Its so strange lol

Checking in!
Haven't posted in a while.
I feel like all of my free time gets zapped away :haha:
I hope that everyone is doing well!

Jasmine is doing great! Sleeping really well and still eating a lot. :)
She has some seriously scary poos though and farts louder than I do!

Attachments

• j1.jpg
    j1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 3
  • j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 4
  • j3.jpg
    j3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 4
Sweetart shes gorgeous...

And lol on the farts n poos ..skylar totally pooed up to her armpits today.literally !!

Hi girls. Can I join? Cara was born may 18 by csection and I'm still recovering. Third csection is absolute hell but every day it gets a tad easier. Baby is great. Eats and sleeps. She was born 6.10 at 37.5 weeks and is doing great. I'll post a pic soon. Hope you don't mind me joining? Xx

Hi laila :)

Welcome ...aww bless u not nice being in pain but ull get there...

Looking forward too piccie x

Hi Laila. Welcome :)

Well Erik was a dream last night. 6 hours sleep. 9-3. He woke every two hours after that but great to get a long spell.

We seem to be falling into a bit of a routine with feeding. I'm being led by him. Bottle feeding on demand.

Had my first proper smile today. Just gorgeous!!

Healing going well here. Itching to get exercising to tone up my tummy but resisting till seen my GP next week. Only 5 weeks since the csection and hysterectomy so know I've got to be sensible and wait.

So glad we haven't got any neighbours. There's only one house by us, as surrounded by farms, and it's empty and up for sale. Erik enjoys listening to the radio and us dancing around the lounge. It seems to be the only way to settle him after his morning feed. Thankfully no one can see us 😂

Sounds fun bekha :)
And congrats on the long sleep..its good isnt it.

Skylar did 6 hours last night...she seems to be settlin into a routine now

Ladies who are formuls feedin.how much ml oer feed n how long

Skylar has 60ml every 2-3 hours..

Shes 5kg ..

She rarely takes over 60ml..maybe 80ml once a day or 100ml once but seems uncomfy if drinks 100ml

Esme slept 7 hours straight last night, makes such a difference :)

Emma, Esme takes between 2-4 oz every 2-3 hours. Ish! She's about 9lbs now.

Erik is now on 5oz's every 3 hours except for one long nighttime sleep. Occasionally if shorter gap in the afternoon between two feeds there's also chance of a long nap then too. I need to weigh him as health visitor last did it two weeks ago and he was 9lbs 12 then. He's 5wk 2 days old now.

Just had Freya's 6 week check with the health visitor. She now weighs 8lbs 2oz :)

https://i815.photobucket.com/albums/zz75/Natasha2605/C39F39C1-8392-489D-845C-A03AE7B03EB0_zpsyifvy9dc.jpg

Thanks ladies

Wow freyas still so diddy :)

Shes gorgeous xxxxx

I need to get skylar weighed too as it was 2 weeks ago too wen she was weighed

Thank you ladies. So this is Cara. She's 12 days old today. Only eats about 2.5oz every 3-3.5 hours. Just had her weighed today and she's almost 7 pounds, so quite tiny but surpassed her birth weight which is good :)

She can be a great sleeper at night and a bad one depending on the night. She does do 5-6 hour stretches but hates being bathed or changed.

I'm still in pain but recovering slowly. This csection sucked big time. It's a long road back. Also I been sweating like a Pig at night where I sleep on a towel and every morning I wake up 6-7 pounds lighter that's how much fluid I was retaining and still am :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 4
Hey can I ask a quick question for those who's babies are formula fed? (Although feel free to answer BF-ing of course just I think BF or FF will change the answer) how often does your baby poo? I'm a bit worried Mae doesn't poo often enough. From google it seems some people say they should poo at least once or twice a day but others say some babies don't poo this often and that's normal for them.
Mae was really unsettled yesterday and a bit today. I feel like it might be trapped wind maybe (already using infacol) she was very stiff, and kept pulling away from me while I was trying to keep her upright on my chest (arching her back?) it was awful as nothing was helping. She eventually kept dropping off if I danced around the living room with her sort of over my shoulder (but she was so fidgety I was constantly moving her) and listening to music. She would fall asleep for a bit and then wake up crying again immediately whic made me think she was in discomfort (?)
Wondering if I should change her milk or bottles 🤔

Welcome laila :) ah I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time recovering. I imagine it must be difficult with 2 other LOs.
Dani well done Esme that's great!!! Bet you feel like a new woman! Lol a

Esme poos once a day, sometimes twice but has gone a few days without and when that happens she gets very upset, stiff, cries, arches her back etc. It's hard :(. I rub her tummy and do the bicycle leg thing. Have actually booked onto a baby massage course as it's supposed to help with colic, constipation and be good for bonding too.

Skylar poos once a day maybe twice..
Shes done 2 days without a few times..
I massage her tummy n do bikes too..

Or lil water in between feeds helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly