April/may babies off 2016.... catch up help and and advice xx

Had some devastating news here. I've got breast cancer. E turned twelve weeks yesterday and my hubby is paralysed from chest down and all this after going through an amniotic fluid embolism and ending up in intensive care after delivering E. Sorry for the pity post. Just need all the prayers/positive thoughts I can get just now.
Im very sorry to hear that! Sending healing and loving prayers your way. Hopefully you caught it early!

Beckah78 sending you positive and healing vibes honey!

Hoping this is an early catch and you keep strong and positive for yourself , partner and your baby ! Plenty to fight for xx

Just found this thread. I haven't been able to read through it yet, but will start getting caught up. I just wanted to comment so I can find it later.

My girls are 3 months today! They are both doing great (I'll post a pic when I get home). Ella stayed small up through their 2 month apt (30 percentile to Lydia's 80). She also fell behind Lydia in weight to almost 2 pounds (from 1 pound at birth). I think she may finally be catching up.

It has took her a while to take more then 1.5 ounces at a time and often would fall asleep after .5 ounce, but she's up to 3-4 ounces at a time now. Weighed her at home and she's up to 12 pounds, double her birth weight.

Lydia went through lots of testing but she's perfect and all test proved it :)

My bp normalized after 2 weeks post delivery and I went off meds. I lost 40 pounds of fluid weight a week after delivery, but am still working on the 15 pounds of additional weight I put on. Not worried about it though, just annoying I can't get back into a lot of "normal" pants yet.

While I was on maternity leave my youngest son potty trained just before his 3rd birthday. So much easier with only 2 in diapers instead of 3 (and I originally thought I'd have 4). I'm in the 4 under 4 club.

Girls go to bed at 6, get up around 9 for snack. I try to get to bed between 9 and 10. Then one or the other is up between 12:30 and 1, while feeding them I pump (I'm an almost exclusive pumper). Then maybe someone gets up around 4 and then we're up at 5 so I can get ready for work. At one point Lydia was sleeping through the night, but she's not anymore.

I do bedshare, mostly with Ella, with Lydia in a pack n play next to me. They go down really well for bed and naps, if I swaddle them and then give them a bottle.

Wow 4under 4 and work? Amazing !! I'm gobsmacked you have to be superwoman! :)

Beautiful baby's you have xx

Hi there ladies!

My first time back on B & B in ages, so apologies, I've not caught up on anything just yet, but will slowly do so over the coming days.

Firstly - Bekah I'm so sorry to read of your news. I am sending lots and lots and lots of prayers your way.

All is going well here. Hats off to you Christie - 4 under 4! You're a super mum! I have 3 under 3 (practically 3 under 2 - only days shy of it in fact) but 4 under 4 is something else! Superstar status!

The twins are doing wonderfully. They are 4 months old on Monday! Still not very big - Lewis is 12lbs 7oz and Lily is 11lbs 5oz.

I've had them in a strict routine since we came home from hospital, and I've tried not to deviate from it unless we've been out and about. I had to devise a routine to ensure all 3 of my babies get adequate mummy time and rest. Babies both go to sleep at 6pm, Lewis usually wakes up at 3am (9 hours) for his first night feed, then goes through until 5:30-6:00am. Lily goes to bed at 6pm also, and she goes 11 hours until 5am without a feed! She then goes back to sleep usually until 7am. I've been sleep training the twins since they were 6 weeks old (but I don't do the cry it out method at all), and it's definitely paid off (thank goodness, LOL).

Both babies are giggling now and are really smiley. They have their moments, LOL, but overall they are very content.

Will upload a few pics!

Can't wait to catch up on you and all your beautiful bubbas!

Xxxx

Sorry for the baby spam! Lol 😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 3
Bekah78 I can only imagine the mix of emotions you must be feeling. After everything you have been through, that is completely crushing news. I'm so sorry! Hoping its early and responds to treatment. My cousin had cervical cancer in her mid twenties after her second child and went through treatment. She is now in her mid 30s and cancer free. I'm praying for you and your family xxx

Hi Jonesbaby, nice to hear from you. So glad everything is going well. Lily and Lewis are beautiful! Bless them!

Lily and Lewis are beautiful babies. Well done for getting them into such a great routine.

Thank you for the lovely messages. Had an appointment with the consultant today. Looks like genetic, aggressive form but they don't think it's spread so treatable. Chemo to start in next couple of weeks. Will be glad when treatment starts as feel frustrated waiting to do something about it.

Bekah that's good the consultant said its treatable ... Good luck with the chemo :hugs:

Guys I can't believe soon they'll be babies due for next April or already is?! I think I got bfp on July 27th :)

So good to hear it's treatable. :hugs:

Lily and Louis are adorable.

Lydia is the first to roll over, Ella has made no effort to do so. When they were first born Ella was stronger, holding her head up really well quickly. But she got lazy after a month and has not progressed as fast. Lydia had refused to hold her head up (pretty much going to sleep during tummy time instead of doing exercises). But the last month and half Lydia has really done work to get stronger. I think she already has plans to run around with her brothers and uses that to motivate herself :)

She'll even attempt to sit herself up if she's laying down on an incline and loves to stand holding my hands. The jumper is her favorite right now. She'll start giggling as soon as you put her in it. I'm wondering if she'll be mobile as soon as her brother was. He was, which means I only have a few weeks before she's finding ways to get across the room. She already started to try to get her knees up under her.

Ella is just started to hold her head and chest off the floor during tummy time, so maybe in a week or two she'll roll over. Ella is already doing chewing motions if she sees me eating. I had to tell her she can't have solids yet and she definitely wasn't going to start with pizza (which she seemed really interested in :)).

Good to hear it's treatable beckah! I can only imagine how frustrating for you to wait for treatment :-/

Beautiful baby's lily and Lewis are adorable jonesbaby xx

This time last year (well I think it was 27th) I got my faint bfp! Can't believe it's been a whole year! A whole year that I was so scared that I'd have another chemical... I literally tested non stop. My precious boy is almost 4 months! I really want time to slow down, just a bit! I also see there's a new April 2017 due date group?! How fast did that go guys!

Sorry to hear your news bekah! Hope chemo starts quickly for you xx

Cora-Lily is now 4 months old and just an awesome baby. She weighs around 13.5lbs. Shes a brilliant sleeper and mostly sleeps through the night. The past week shes learnt to roll both ways :)

https://i68.tinypic.com/a2g74o.jpg

And the big news for us is that we're expecting again :baby: very very unexpected but we're coming around to the idea! Cora will be around 11 months when this one is born.

Sorry to hear your news bekah! Hope chemo starts quickly for you xx

Cora-Lily is now 4 months old and just an awesome baby. She weighs around 13.5lbs. Shes a brilliant sleeper and mostly sleeps through the night. The past week shes learnt to roll both ways :)

https://i68.tinypic.com/a2g74o.jpg

And the big news for us is that we're expecting again :baby: very very unexpected but we're coming around to the idea! Cora will be around 11 months when this one is born.

Wow congratulations. :cloud9:

Bekah, I'm glad it is treatable :hugs:

Freya is 15 weeks this week and just got weighed this morning. She is 10lbs 3oz now, still so small. She is so wonderful though and so content :) we are still EBF and she doesn't tolerate expressed milk in any sort of bottle!

Hope everyone's babies are doing well!

Glad it's treatable Bekah :hugs:

babyjan I know it's madness how fast it's all going.

Wow congratulations salamander!

Esme's doing well, she can roll back to front and front to back but not everytime. She's sitting up with support and loves her bumbo. Really pushes up now when on tummy time. She weighs 11lbs 8, she seems long and skinny. Will take between 4-7oz a feed every 2-3 hours, and sleeps through most nights 6:30-6am.

oh and she's found her feet :lol:

13769440_10154456447580362_5404941592606588624_n.jpg

Wow salamander! Can't believe your pregnant again. Congratulations :)

I was in antenatal clinic the other day and felt broody when I saw pregnant ladies going in for scans and apts lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->