April Mummies 2011

I had a big reply last night but it didn't post. Stupid phone!! Or moreso stupid lack of cell service!
My boobs are killing me. Not all pain bit they're itchy and my nipples are always so hard! It's bugging me! Plus I think I grew a cup size this week.

And Rosie is still sleeping!!!!! :dance:

We haven't done anything about potty training either. I've ordered potties & toilet training seats but that's as far as I've got! I think we might have a go over the Easter hols. I'd really like him to be potty trained for our hol at the end of July but I'm not going to stress about it. If we have to take nappies then that's also fine.

https://www.parents.com/parents/quiz.jsp?quizId=/templatedata/hk/quiz/data/62.xml

Is your child ready for potty training quiz

I have a potty on each floor and the toilet seat that flips down to a kids sized seat but the most interested Toby had been in using any is trying to put paper down the loo while I'm using it lol

Just had my 24 week scan. Everything's looking good. Haven't looked at est weight or the charts yet but the best news is that Berts placenta has moved out of the way and isn't over my cervix anymore. He's still breech though. Ernie is transverse and should move head down but if Bert doesn't flip then it's a c section for me!

Aww good news the placentas moved and all is good thou :) eee

that's good news katherine! fx'ed bert flips though!

hehe i just did that quiz, you can see the answers that would class the kid as being ready and alex got something like 10/12 not being ready! he hasn't a clue yet. I bought a potty and initially he'd sit on it but now he doesn't want too. I did manage to get him to wave to the monsters on the side today as he was starting to seem a bit scared of it so want it to become a fun item again! but i have a feeling we might end up buying a toilet trainer seat eventually so he can be like mummy and daddy!

btw casey...your avatar of josie is sooo cute!! xx

Poppy got showing some signs but not quite ready. I can live with that lol

Ahhh yay im made up.
Just found out I dont have skin cancer.... theyve caught it in time :) the mole on my back had started to deteriorate but hadnt deterioarated enough to be malignant yet. However of they had of left it it would have ended up being cancer sooner or later.
So lucky it was found when it was!!!

Good news gem!! And you too Cottles! Just hope baby can get into the right position now!!! There is still some time. Though I have heard elcs are easier to heal from than emcs. Not that you want a section anyways.
so I made meatloaf mast night and DH liked it,!! It was my first time making it. And we had tomatoes cucumber and avocado in homemade vinegarette. Then finished it off with chocolate chip cookies. I really need more easy quick recipes. Maybe I would cook more.

Rosie did not want to use the potty yesterday. She wouldn't let me take her morning diaper off. Finally I told her it was her choice: she could take it off or I would take it off. She let me get it off and out a fresh one on. She did the same thing at daycare too. But my daycare lady just left her in it until Rosie wanted it off for being uncomfortable. Works for me. She is doing better now. I think she just wanted to have the control over it so we mostly let her and now she is ready for the potty again today.

So poppy keeps hitting herself in temper and then tells herself no hit poppy!
Such a random child lol

Aleena has started hitting herself on the head too since a few days.. Ugh!

Happy to hear you've had the all clear, Gem :thumbup:

Glad your scan went well, Katherine :) Bet you're loving all the scans!

Picked up my potty order today so tried Rex on it at bath time. He wouldn't sit on it :dohh: He just wanted to point to 'Tur-tur' (translation: Thomas the Tank Engine) on the front of it. Think we've got a fair way to go with the potty training :haha:

I fail at that quiz myself :D how would I know how long she's dry for during the day? :D

Great news Gem!

YAY cottles, loved the photos on fb of bert & ernie :)

interested to hear other babies hitting themselves in the face/head and saying no too - pickle has started doing it - I thought it was her hair getting in her face but if it's a common thing maybe it isn't - they really are strange aren't they :D

She full on slaps herself and generally blows a rasperry to if she's really annoyed. Guess she's learnt hitting others is a no no. Just ignoring the behaviour I'm sure it will disappear at some point

Toby smacks himself in the head if hes annoyed or trying to be funny. Interestingly though, he only does it in the few days after seeing his 5 year old cousin, because his cousin hits himself in the head when annoyed or trying to amuse Toby... so I've asked the cousin to stop hitting himself in front of Toby and it seems to have helped a lot.
No idea why my nephew does it. He seems quite proud of the fact that he only does it at home now, but still won't say what leads him to do it.

Thankfully Toby has mostly grown out of an old phase he went through of smacking his head on the floor during tantrums if nothing else was getting him any attention.

It's so funny what kids will do for attention. My nephew who is 2 heads for a door to throw himself at or makes himself sick through coughing lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->