April Mummies 2011

Sometimes I'm embarrassed to tell family about how difficult Josie's sleep pattern can be but apparently it's just with me. When she stayed with my godmother this weekend she slept really well and didnt cosleep. My godmother says she's a vivid dreamer because she talks in her sleep and sometimes acts things out but is never really conscious.

She usually will fall asleep in her crib and then wake up between 2-4 and want to be in bed with me. She has pretty common bad nights but waking up to co sleep between 2-4 we allow. Plus after Michael is off to work he brings her to my bed wanting it or not. Since he usually wakes up at 4ish she comes to me at 5 if she hasnt already demanded it. That's the ideal night, but it doesn't usually happen anymore.

I know one day soon that will be all a memory and she will be a big girl who sleeps in her own bed and never wants mommy's snuggles. So whatever family say (and they say a lot sometimes!) I don't care because I LOVE cuddling with Josie. :D

Rosie wants to cuddle every night before bed and cuddle until she falls asleep. When we have a bigger place I'm really looking forward to her sleeping in her own bed but she's just like a lot of the baby will sleep in her own bed until about 4 and then want to come to bed with me.
That line is very clear Casey I hope this is your month!

i def see it casey! sooo hope this is your sticky bean!!

:hugs: to everyone on the sleep problems :(, def doesn't sound like fun! alex climbed out his cot yesterday though...argh. We're moving in 2wks and he chooses now to learn how to climb out his cot :dohh:. For now i'm making sure he's in a sleeping bag (he wasn't yesterday) and persevering with the cot side as i'm sure his sleep is going to go 100% pear shaped once the sides are gone, which with a new house too i'm not entirely sure i can deal with :haha:

in other news...meet baby No.2 :D. All looks good and healthy and still team :yellow:. Though i was sure i saw 3 lines, but then i thought i saw boy bits which turned out to be the umbilical cord :blush:...so absolutely no idea other than guess work ;)

20 wk scan baby 2.jpg

Awww yay! Well done for staying team yellow!
At first glance, I wanna say girl but I'm terrible at guessing haha
Do you have a preference?

Dont blame you for wanting to keep Alex in the cot for now. Moving house, being preg AND introducing a toddler bed would be a wee bit stressful!

Me and Toby had a big old clash today. He was constantly hyper and I was nauseous and ratty. We just plain didn't get on form the moment we got up til just now. Turns out there was a gas leak. Household gas had been getting into the house for around 10 hours and it'd gone to our heads making us act weird. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
He's gone to my mums to get away from it while I open all doors and windows. And on the hospitals advice I'll be closely monitoring him, myself and the twins' movements over the next few hours to make sure all is ok. Any hint of unusual stuff and we'll be down A&E.
All this on 20 minutes sleep.
What. A. Day.

OMG katherine...wow...so glad you're ok!! and that you don't smoke or light your hob with a flame!! how blooming scary!! has your gas been turned off now?

re. baby gender, if i'm 100% honest i'd pick girl, to have 1 of each, but at the same time it'd be lovely for alex to have a brother, so really I will not care once the baby is here :D, excited to find out at his/her birth! got 4/4 girl guesses since 20wk scan so far though :haha:, after 12 wk scan i had a fair few boy guesses but didn't add them up! xx

Yep, gas is off now. It's actually the hob that was leaking! Luckily the oven is electric, although I'm tempted to treat myself to a curry takeout tonight lol
REEEEALLY glad I didn't light the candle Toby was asking for (he finds them relaxing and they help him sleep)...

Haha wow 100% girl votes so far? :D
One of each would be lovely, but boys playing together would be awesome too. And it'd save a few pennies on clothes if you can re-use Alex's old clothes!

^^ exactly!

sooo glad you realised about the gas!

aaargh my doorbell seems to have linked itself to once of my neighbours...it's gone off about 6times in the last 30mins and there's no one at the door :/...somehow need to change the frequency!

:hugs: Cottles! Glad you figured out the gas leak!!!

Caro- looks like a girl to me!!!

I think it isbmy turn for a Dr appointment. My throat has been sore for a few days and it seems like it is migrating to my ears. Rosie has her first ear infection. She kept telling me owwie and that her tongue and cheek hurt

Preggo ladies-- especially you twin lady Cottles! lol

Did symptoms onset faster and stronger than our April babies? I'm barely 4 weeks and I feel SO pregnant. I'm bloated every single time I put something in my mouth and worse at night and in the AM and I get heartburn ALL THE TIME. I feel nauseous/headache/dizzy almost constantly or without warning through the day. I'm EXHAUSTED!!!!!! I feel sooooooo moody. I didn't feel this way with Josie until 6 weeks and it was always relatively mild.

Oh and my boobs didn't start hurting at all until closer to second tri and now... I swear to god they are more like bruises than boobs. They hurt just from getting out of a bra, or if I squish them sleeping or when Josie honks them. (Yes she she honks my boobs... all the time!! lol)

I can't wait until thursday to get my beta. I just feel really positive about this. Negative lurks in the back of my mind, I know what I could be setting myself up for. But the tests are all standard and pushing dark and I'm not even 4 weeks yet so I'm taking it as a good sign! :)

Also, i'm just wondering why I just feel SO utterly pregnant this early!

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean casey!

Re sleep we still cuddle poppy to sleep but we have stopped bringing her into our bed in the night which has decreased night time disturbance as she's not waking for that purpose when she wakes its for a reason such as she's lost her dummy or piglet comforter etc

Hugs cottles

Congrats on team yellow caro :) lovely scan pics. I was team yellow for Poppy and so glad I was as everyone was guessing etc and it was really nice when she was born to have that surprise :)

Lovely scan pic Caroline :D I'm saying girl too but I'm rubbish at guessing! I know how you feel about girl vs. boy. I feel exactly the same about no. 2's when the time comes.

You are so lucky that the gas was spotted, Katherine! Hope there aren't any lasting effects.

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean for you, Casey.

Casey, YES! I had nearly no nausea with Toby but had extreme food and smell aversions by 6 weeks with these two and was bloated and in maternity pants around the same time too. The boob pain came earlier but wasn't worse til I hit around 14 weeks.

Hope your early symptoms are signs of a strong and sticky bean (or beans!!)... Good luck with your betas xx

Toby and I are much better this morning after the gas incident yesterday. Ive felt both twins move too (one is a night owl the other likes mornings so felt one last night and one just now) so I can relax now!
DHs auntie is a nursery manager and she's taking Toby into work today as they aren't full up so lil man gets to spend the afternoon playing with people his own age. DHs cousin also works there and will be working in the room Toby will be in so that'll be interesting. Leanne is his favourite person lately and I think he might get jealous having to share her with the other kids. We'll see!

so glad your ok katherine! hope toby enjoys his afternoon out!

i think i'm up to about 10 girl votes and only 1 boy now :rofl:

casey, i've had way less symptoms this time! still yet to need mat trousers and have barely felt pregnant really. It's just every pregnancy is so different! fx'ed all your betas come back fine :D

afm i'm sooo not well :(, my cold has come back full force so have gone home sick this morning and am gonna just sit on the sofa all day and try and get better. Might even have a little nap as alex is at nursery.

I wish I had made the appointment today. Tomorrow seems like ETERNITY to wait for the beta. I have a really good feeling though. All my tests have been positive. Not even light positive, it's DEFINITELY positive!

I wish I had made the appointment today. Tomorrow seems like ETERNITY to wait for the beta. I have a really good feeling though. All my tests have been positive. Not even light positive, it's DEFINITELY positive!

:wohoo:

Just thought I'd post my crazy POAS. LOL From top to bottom we have 12 DPO and then evening 12DPO. The next 4 are all 13dpo two in the morning (same time) and two at night (same time). I think some of my wondfos have dye issues, but all in all I see a darkening trend. So I'm happy. Took one this AM too, and it's clearly a line as well I'd say the darkness is something like the second to last one but maybe a bit darker. You can tell the wondfos have different dye levels because the control lines are even lighter/darker depending. Yep-- I'm officially crazy.

I'm sorry if I'm being really bothersome. Eventually I'll get over the news and stop bombarding the board. :dohh:

https://imageserve.babycenter.com/21/000/157/i10yN21IU1eRW2rV6c8oWRxKGun0RLKS_lg.jpg

Oh Casey those are VERY positive!!!
I got my BFP at 8dpo with this one and I knew! I was moody already. I wasntbsure if we would even catch the egg because I got home from work late and had my positive opk that afternoon at lunch. We didn't dtd until the next morning around 11. So at 8dpo I couldn't hold out any more. I knew it was too early but I tested in the afternoon an hour after peeing and by 3 mins in there was definitely a faint positive. Nausea kicked in at 4 weeks. Symptoms happened way earlier this time for me. But they're also different this time too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->