April Mummies 2011

Wow, Rachel! Such happy news! Congrats :happydance: And congrats on the wedding too! Lovely!

Don't think I'm going to get much done today... I have a clingy little boy! He keeps coming over & saying 'knee, mummy' which means let me sit on your knee, mummy. Very cute but on my day off, I have to get things done. Lots of snuggles for me today at least :)

Wow it really does come in 3s! Congrats Jakes!
Freaking out is totally ok. I did the same when I found out I was pg, then again when I found out it was twins. I still have freak outs on Toby's bad days wondering how I'll cope but people do it every day. We'll be fine! It may be a sort of blessing that nursery and school are happening soon as you'll have more one on one time with baby and a chance for potential naps and quiet time during the day.

On the whole tube tying thing... I know I'm done after Bert and Ernie but I won't do it. It's a bigger op for women than for men and much harder to reverse too so I've been told. Not that I'm expecting DH to get snipped, just gonna spend the next 30 years on the pill I guess.

I see women with four kids under 5 battling the school run!!! If they can do that, then I shouldn't complain about having my hand full haha!! Jake is old enough to help out so that'll be nice. Even to collect nappies or feed food etc. he's quite independent too so will take himself to the toilet, wash hands etc and gets dressed himself. So in a way, it is I ly Amelia that will be the live wire and make it harder!

Talking of Amelia, she is so highly strung! One day, she can be lovely and so loving. The next...well, she can give Damian a run for his money. Vile child! It's the tempers that are atrocious, and her scream is ear vibratingly annoying! But she also has a very caring side which balances her out.

YAY congrats Jakes!!!! Brilliant news :D

And in other awesome news, after our little communication misunderstanding it seems what my OH was actually saying was that he was shit scared of change, and how would we manage, not no there won't be a second but voicing out his concerns for WHEN it happens!

Let the shagging commence :D

In less positive news, my Dad was taken to A&E on Tues because he was drowsy and unresponsive - they couldn't find a reason so think it's his medication :( Was really scary :( Then I was in a training course in Cheltenham and I got the call from nursery to say pickle was poorly, then when I finally got home (and OH is away) and collected her she threw up all over herself in the car :(

Tuesday was my birthday :( Some fucking birthday :(

She is better, a weird 24/36hr bug thing but fucking hell it was hard work :( I feel like I'm hungover I'm so tired and I just want to cry :( Why is my OH always away when life shits on me? Dad is better and healthier again and back on the psych ward (he's been assessed as needing nursing care now so I've spent the last week trying to find somewhere for him) so that's better but I've not been able to go and see him because of pickle and her bug :(

can someone cut me some slack please?

So sorry life is dealing you a shit card at the moment, Gertrude. I wish feeling hungover actually meant I had a good night beforehand, but t usually means I've been up attending Amelia all night!

Did anyone used to go to Roller discos when younger? I've just found one local and going to take Jake and make OH come along too. Should be funny as he will be like Bambi learning to walk!

Ahhh jakes congrats!! Sounds like a verrry exciting time for you :3

Gertrude big hugs hope things get better soon and happy belated birthday!

OMG CONGRATS JAKES!!!!!! We get to be in the same Birth Club! :D

PS: IM 7 WEEKS TODAY!!!!!!!!! :D

Ugh my long post from last night didn't post.
As far as tubes getting tied I couldn't do it until I knew for sure I was done having kids. Dh says just 2 but I want to leave it open for 3. And I won't take hormonal birth control because of how I've responded in the past.
Cheese good luck potty training! I was expecting to be out of diapers by now hut no luck! She does great at daycare but won't use the potty most of the time at home. It frustrates me so much. I have to bribe her to get her dirty diapers off (with a clean one!) But I'm thinking a potty chart for home might be something to look into.

Big :hugs: Gertude. I really hope you get a break & things start to look up for you soon.

There's more of you girls preggers again now than there is who aren't I'm sure!!!

I've asked DH to have 'the snip' when we're done having kids. Which could be after no. 2 or 3. But he point blank refuses at the minute. I'll keep working on him when the time comes. If he doesn't then I'm totally abstaining until he cracks :haha: I've taken care of our contraception the whole of our relationship & I don't want to be on hormonal contraception forever. He can do something for once!

so far on BnB two comments on my "Ramzi Gender Guesses" on my current ultrasound. One boy and one girl. People can't decide if a trans-vaginal u/s is mirrored or not. If it's not, then it's a boy and if it is than it's a girl.

But really it's all guesses because the Doc said that there is no way of telling what side the placenta attached at 6 weeks. But we could know by 8 which is next Friday.

is doing homework all of the rest of today as i'm one cranky momma. even finding out i have 2 a's and a b (no grade from 4th class as only have to post d's and f's) isn't doing a thing in cheering my mood.

i thought there was an emoticon with a red face and steam coming out of ears and i can't find it, which also irritates me so for now this will have to do.

:finger:

even tho i don't like that he's smiling..

I spoke to DH about one of us getting snipped/tied today as I had
A dream last night about birth control pills. I don't know why I'd be so against getting myself done, I really don't. We're done after the twins so it shouldn't be an issue but I find it hard to comprehend something so permanent. ridiculous really. DH said he'd consider getting it done but not yet. Eh. Up to him. No way I'm asking him to do something like that when I'm not willing to do it to myself.

Dana, well done on the high grades! Hope things perk up and you're feeling better soon.

Prego insomnia seriously sucks. Asleep after 10pm, awake at 11:30, still awake at 4am. Toby will be up in 3hrs probably. So glad mums taking him out for a while so I can maybe sleep in the day. I seem to sleep better (not longer just less interrupted) during my naps than at night lately.

I want my tubes tied asap lol. My mum reckons they won't do it while im so young and single though :/ but yeah I really want it done. I don't ever EVER want to get pregnant everrr again.

It is much easier for a man to get snipped, a lot less invasive but Cottles, if you end up with a c-section they can do it while they're in there.

I realized last night that my period for this month is over and I never had a normal period. It was really light. That's normal with the IUD but I have to take a pregnancy test just in case. Well we live in a small town (~2000 people), we work at the largest employer in the town and Isis goes to daycare there so we know a good number of people. I cannot go to the local drug store or dollar store to pick up a pregnancy test. So this morning I told DH that we need to stop by a Walgreens or something so I can pick up a pregnancy test. You should have seen his face!!! :haha: I repeatedly told him that I'm sure I'm not pregnant but we have to test. I laughed so hard after he left. If we lived in a bigger town I could have just tested and told him after the fact, but it requires an extra stop tomorrow while we're running errands. I think I'm going to pick up a multi-pack so I don't have to do this to him again for a while. Oh and its his birthday today :haha:

:thumbup: great job on the grades Dana!!

Sorry about the sleeping issues! I remember how terrible it was.

Gem, I know in the US its hard to get your tubes tied when you're in your 20's. It might be easier since you've already had one child but they probably won't for a while yet. Sucks! You could get an IUD. The copper one lasts for 10 years. I have Mirena which is good for 5 years. So far so good, except for the occasional pregnancy scare... :haha: or scare for DH really.

So Rosie has been running around saying tah-lala (Delilah) so were gonna go with it.

Omg so cute! Thats lovely Sam

Danielle, omg, I can just imagine your DHs face :haha: Better to check though eh!

I might talk to DH about tying my tubes if I have a planned section. I mean, if he's willing to do it, I should be too. I dont like the permanence but it'll be much easier than remembering a pill every night for the next 20 odd years. I dunno. I'll have a think.

I have been SO TIRED today. After 1hr then 2hrs last night, I had an hour nap this morning and one this afternoon. My poor eyes are just confused and don't want to stay open lol... Sooooooo sleepy!

I love it Sam!! What a cute name! Is the middle name Dean? My cousin Sarah has the midle name James - her dad's first name. We suspect he wasn't sure he was going to have a boy ever :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->