April Mummies 2011

She stayed in her bed :) YAY! She still woke twice though but still, no bumped heads to report this morning.

I feel dog tired though :( I have 2 weeks off work where I was supposed to be going on holiday but OH has to work so pickle is still going to nursery and I'm having some time to myself. I need to, all the Dad stuff is really depressing me and I have a raft of health issues that are all stress related :(

OH has just left and won't be back until Thursday, so I'm hoping pickle carries on being ace with her bed so I can get some rest overnight too.

She's being SO whiney too, but I can feel one of her back molars really clearly and it's HUGE so no wonder she's not happy!

Dana- take the bottom part of the straw off lol! Or a sippy with a removable stopper so she will get something just by tipping the cup then as she gets used to it pur the stipper in.
Gertrude- gappy to hear you're taking some you time! I plan on still sending Rosie to daycare while I'm out waiting for baby.

We've been giving Aleena a cup for a while now to play with not her main resource of water. She will come ask for water and we will put a tiny bit in and she will drink it and ask for more. Half the time the water gets poured all over her.
She's never drank from a sippy cup, been using a straw cup since she was 6-7 months.
She will learn in time :)

Alex loves using an open cup and can manage one easily until he gets bored and then throws it :-/, so he's only allowed it under supervision or he has a non spill one or normal sippy. Just bought a new straw one actually.

Ive a whiney baby too :-/, driving me nuts at times!

Emmys congrats on the new job! Sounds great.

Not long until mat leave for me now, god I can't wait! Xx

Alex loves using an open cup and can manage one easily until he gets bored and then throws it :-/, so he's only allowed it under supervision or he has a non spill one or normal sippy. Just bought a new straw one actually.

Ive a whiney baby too :-/, driving me nuts at times!

Emmys congrats on the new job! Sounds great.

Not long until mat leave for me now, god I can't wait! Xx

Toby loves an open cup but like you guys, only small amounts under supervision because he gets over excited and tips it too far. Or forgets hes holding it and starts running. He uses straw cups, sippy cups or sports cap style bottles otherwise.

I just started giving Isis an open cup with water and having her help me clean up the mess if she does spill it. She's very good with it. We never used sippy cups at home thought because I didn't want to buy them. She has a couple straw cups but she doesn't like them. She even drinks out of our large water cups DH and I have. If she spills water its on purpose. She'll learn Dana. I wouldn't put anything but water in there at first, so its easier to clean messes! :haha:

I don't blame you guys for sending them to daycare while you're home. If I'm home sick and DH is going to work I send Isis with him. There's no way I'm caring for a toddler while sick plus she'll just be bored with me.

I got Isis's birthday invites printed. Now I just need to make a list of the kids in her class and any others we want to invite. I still have to figure out what we're going to do for the party. I hope the weather's nice because then we'll just play outside with balls and stuff. We have a huge yard and we're on a dead end gravel road. I'm terrible at planning parties! Especially toddler parties!

I'm a little envious of those with childcare options. Is that bad?
My spd is so bad lately, I can't walk too much, sitting on the couch is painful... I have to lay down regularly throughout the day and then it's a struggle to get back up. Toby is good bless him but I feel so bad that I can't do more with him as we're kind of restricted.

We have been having Rosie drink out of regular cups a lot more lately. Im sick of washing sippys. Cheese its great you never got into them because they're addicting!!
Of Cottles child care is my friend! I love the interaction Rosie gets when she is there and it is my friends home and Rosie loves it there. She parents similar to how I do to which is great. I'm going to sign her up for preschool for next year but my MIL works where Rosie will go probably.
I got 2 packs of pull ups from walgreens yesterday for $9. It was 2/26pks. My friend is finding Mr a coupon to stack with it too. I'm excited!

I've been having crazy braxton hicks today but my back is so messed up from just bending over. I think that's a lot if it.

Most days Isis runs away from us when we come to pick her up. She loves playing with the other kids. Cottles, I wish you had somewhere you could send Toby even if it was only for a little bit a few days. I'm sorry your spd is that bad! Sounds miserable!

I remember reading somewhere when Isis was an infant advising against moving them from a bottle to a sippy but use an open cup instead because a sippy is just a different form of bottle. Isis is such a mimic that I didn't have to try, she wanted water from mommy and daddy's cups not hers. If we eat with chopsticks she has to also. They give her the training chopsticks when we go out. Its really cute! She's getting really good at it. :) I have video of her eating gyoza with them.

i feel like i'm going to cry. i just called IRS and they found a math error. so now on top of having to wait for paper filing since someone used abby's ssn, now we have this delay. we were counting on that money to pay rent, abby's party etc. now not only will we barely be able to pay rent, her party is going to have to be moved to may or maybe even june.

going to cry is turning to actual crying. i'm so frustrated.

Aww Dana that is awful!!! I'm so sorry!
I'm also crying. I miss having friends. My former bff sent our her save the dates and I have abfeelibg in not getting one. We hung out a few weeks ago and it was OK but ugh.
I feel so emotionally drained too. It sucks. I don't do anything fun. I wanted to go see a movie with Dh but nothing good is out. Well anything that we would both want to see.can it be the weekend yet??? Where I get to stay home???
I'm going shopping for Rosie's Easter basket stuff tomorrow.
Also idk if I should do Tinkerbell theme or strawberry shortcake. Or if we will be able to afford it. *sigh*

:hugs: I'm sorry Dana! That is terrible...wtg IRS.. :(

I'm planning a b-day party for Ava but its nothing big and im not sure how many people/family will even show..so far none have rsvp :/

Sorry you guys are having a tough time. :hugs:
Totally understand on affording the parties. Tobys party is this Sunday and I've bsry got anything ready.
We got a venue for free and luckily my mum bought some decorations but I need to get the food, party bags and easter eggs for the kids on Thursday. Erk.

I'm so sorry Dana! Things are tight for us too, we had to pay taxes so hubby put the lock down on spending. I don't know what I'm going to do for decorations or anything. We're going to do cupcakes and I'm doing an Elmo theme but that's all I got. I still have to write out all the invites and work on a map to get to our house. I put a ton of stuff in a cart on some party site and it was over $100. That included gift bags for the kids and everything.
Do you guys have any games or anything planned for the parties? Obviously nothing too structured but I need to have something planned in case we can't go outside. Maybe some art thing that's not too messy?

i hadnt even thought of games since it's family and close friends that end up coming. usually i just go to the dollar store and make a bag for the kids to keep them entertained.

For pickles birthday I sent the invites via Facebook or email, there will be no party bags, I've asked for no presents from friends, just asked them to bring wine instead :D

I will cook some bits, buy some balloons, get the tunes on and just enjoy each others company.

Please don't drive yourselves mad for the perfect party, what matters is the people not what you buy. Those who truly care won't give a shit about what you have bought, or how much there is. Our kids are two, they don't care about what is there, they just want a fun time :) xx

Oh we are having a craft theme, so goop, chalks, possibly fake snowballs. All stuff I can make at home without spending a fortune and the kids will get really messy :D god I hope is good weather so they can get out of the house or my house will be trashed :D

If some of you follow me on Pinterest I've been collecting lots of homemade kids goo stuff x

Im not doing a party this year just a family day out instead with me my mum dad and my grandad oh an ollie of course!

I'll have to follow you gertrude if I don't already!

I ran up to dollar general today and picked up some generic red party supplies. I've decided that most things can be just red and some will be elmo. I'm thinking the place settings will be Elmo. then maybe I can make some cool stuff for the kids to play with.

Thanks for bringing me back to planet earth Gertrude!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->