April Mummies 2011

I've got mother-in-law issues and i need some advice! We are suppose to have Ava's birthday party at her house( she asked us to in Jan.) but over the past few weeks/months she has been extremely hateful to me! She ignores my messages and calls and will only talk to my DH. I cant recall doing or saying anything to her, but something has changed. My question is...do i move the party? I don't want all the awkwardness when im trying to enjoy my daughters b-day or do i try and talk to her before the party?

YES!!

i would say call and talk to her or if not comfy calling, email (i talk to mine over fb, lots less weird for the both of us). ask her if there's something you did etc. if no closure, then simply tell her you and dh discussed and you'd rather have the party at your place. be honest and set those boundaries. those are the only 2 things that have helped my relationship with my mil or my il's in general. good luck!

i'm not trying to plan the perfect party but nick's u/e was docked 95 a week, so it's a struggle to make bills let alone get her a gift. BUT we are taking a family/friend trip to the zoo and chicago this year so i guess if she doesn't get a big bday gift, it's not the worst thing. once it gets closer and if the forcast is set to be nice that day, i may set out table and chairs for the kids to paint, play with play doh etc..i'm pretty sure i'm following everyone on pinterest, do you have a different name on there gertrude?

I say try to talk to her but if no such luck move the party. See if your Dh will bring it up with her if you can't. Not fun having MIL issues.

I'm going to decorate Tinkerbell cupcakes for the party and then do most of the decor green and purple. Imbalso going to bring some arts and crafts along with Rosie's picnic table to do it at and probably her slides I got from a yard sale i think that's going to make it fun for the kids but not too crazy expensive. And a nacho bar of course lol. I think I might try to make strawberry looking cake pops if I can as party favors.

oh! we're getting arby's to cater the party. less cooking for me and they're not too expensive.

alright girls. i have abby's invites but i need opinion on the pic of her. i think something's weird about it....yes?

Attachments

• icm_fullxfull.25832648_99dea19058g0w08wk48w.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.25832648_99dea19058g0w08wk48w.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 2
put these on fb too, but this is the final product. thanks danielle for helping me figure out what was "wrong".

Attachments

• Girly Bug invitation-Proof.jpg
    Girly Bug invitation-Proof.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 4
Thanks ladies! Im planning on talking to her this weekend and see what we can get resolved. I've tried talking to her on fb, but she rarely answers my messages lol

Your invites are so fancy, Dana! I just bought some Thomas the Tank Engine ones off Amazon for like £3! Finally found time to write them whilst having my colour done on my hair on Sat :haha: I've really gone for the lazy route on the party this year. The play centre do everything. We just pay a week before & they do the rest. I found last year's party very stressful with all the prep & tidying up whilst being at work all round it. So I'm ready for an easy ride this year! My mum & sister are making Thomas cupcakes. They've had a trial run & they look ace! I just need to get all his presents ordered whilst I'm off work for the next couple of weeks.

I'm on Easter hols now! :happydance:

I'm going to be ordering a bunch of stuff online that's elmo themed. I created her invites and printed them myself but I mostly used time at work to get it done :haha we'll have fruit and chips with salsa. I'm also going to do a goldfish bowl with goldfish crackers in it! There will also be a ton of balloons and I'm working on some games.

Gertrude, I couldn't find you on Pinterest. I tried.

Sazzle, I'm so jealous of your holidays! I'm excited because my boss is giving me Friday off! :)

I sent out invites via Facebook. Feel a bit lazy now, I love love Abby's invitations Dana.

Gertrude I am now stalking your Pinterest!

So I'm going to get the food for tobys party today. Thing is, people haven't said whether or not they're actually going to turn up so I don't know how much food to get. So I'm guessing and if people go hungry then they're idiots for not telling me they're coming.

that would be my approach cottles :)

I'm cooking for pickles party, they're all coming to my VERY small house :D it's going to be absolutely mental and I can't wait :D

OMG!!!! I've been such a raging bag of hormones lately. All I want to do is start a fight and verbally beat someone senseless. Verbally. I have no upper body strength and would be KILLED in a physical battle. I have a very sharp tongue though ;)

Yesterday I started crying and screaming at Michael because I was stuck in the carwash lane. They segregate the carwash lane with a concrete barrier and it looked closed. I called Michael and started screaming and crying saying "IM STUCK HERE!!" and he said "ashley just go inside the gas station and have someone help you out of the lane" and I said "NO!!! IM STUCK HERE FOREVER! I WILL NEVER GET OUT! I WILL JUST LIVE IN THE MINIVAN!" and he was like "are you serious right now?"

And then the hanger door opened on the car wash and the previous car left and I said "oh, the carwash is open. I'm going to go wash the car now." All happy again and not upset.

I'm NUTS!!!!!

... mine hasn't gotten much better yet unfortunately. :hugs:
I am happy I'm not the only one. YAY PREGNANT!

Oh LORD. Toby is having the biggest paddy of his life right now. I know he's tired but wow. He hasnt gone poop today so that might be why but he's refusing to communicate at all other than screaming. Trying so hard not to get frustrated because I know it's not easy on him either but it's harrrrrd.

This age is tough!!

Aleena whines so much lately, it's like every time she moves she will whine about something. She's never really whined like this before , I think she just learned something new and is therefor doing it over and over.
I keep telling myself that it'll pass..
Her sleep hasn't been the same either. Biting a lot also so it's probably teeth too.
But yes, difficult age!

Very! Took Toby about 45 minutes to pass the tantrum and fall asleep (think he wore himself out)... But then he woke up and instantly continued the tantrum because we gave him some water instead of milk or squash. That was at 3:30am. Joy!
He's never bitten *touches wood* but he throws things at people for attention. I've made some small beanbags so now we tell him you dont throw things at people... if you want to play a throwing game we can toss beanbags into boxes. It helps and also distracts him from his attention seeking strop.

Poppy has a good aim! Tantrums galore and whinging for no reason constantly. Oh the joys of toddlers lol

Rosie screams for everything. All the time. Its hard because telling her "screaming doesn't get you things any faster" actually has her ask nicely but then there are times that I had told her we didn't have what she was asking for and she screamed then asked nicely and still had to hear we don't have it.
So what's up with this GA get together in July??? I can't go!!! I really would love to meet some of you girls IRL and get our LOs together. Maybe someday.
Oh man! My back was so sore yesterday it had me in tears. I didn't have any Tylenol and I asked the neighbors if they did but they didn't. I got down to googling if percocet is preggy safe (would only be one time until I could get to town today) and I saw they do prescribe it a lot but didn't feel OK (Dh said it would really mess me up even if I only took 1/4 of a 5mg) so I drank a beer instead. It was an ice cold corona and it was amazing. I fell asleep for an hour and didn't hurt nearly as bad when I woke up. I can still feel the pain this morning but I think I relaxed enough last night to really help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->