April Mummies 2011

Congrats Rachel!!! How exciting!! :)

Sent you a friend request RiRi!! :)

Today's Josie's birthday!!!! Can't believe two years ago I was in the hospital all tied up to meds and pitocin. What a blast we've had since!! :D

Was wondering how much all the kids are talking ?

Do you understand most of what your kid says ?
Do they talk in sentences yet?

Aleena knows a lot of words , and most I can understand but she doesn't really pronounce the words good. She recognizes all the letters from the alphabet and LOVES letters at the moment. Every time she sees a word somewhere she will kinda spell it , saying "e" "a" etc.
She does pronounce most letters pretty good, just not the words.
She has just started with sentences.. earlier she said "glasses break it" when she broke her sun glasses :haha:
But the sentences have literally just started today.

Wonder if she is on track when it comes to speech, I see so many kids her age pronouncing words so well.

Rosie is using 5-6 word sentences but her grammar isn't the greatest. Ex: don't like it chocolate milk. I can't count the number of words she can say now almost everytjing really. At a minimum for age 2 kids should have at least 50 words. If she is starting to get sentences she is right on.
As far as understanding: is then word usually the same for then specific thing? It still counts.
I'm 24 weeks today!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20130408_120154_490.jpg
    IMG_20130408_120154_490.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 0
Happy 24 weeks! Cute bump :)

Yeah Aleena can say almost any word, just not pronounced very well.
She understands most of what I say if not everything I say..
She follows directions very well, and if she doesn't want to do it she will just say "no" , so i still knows she understood what i said :haha:

And wow 5-6 word sentences, that's great :)

Toby's great with understanding, and he knows a lot of words, bUt he's a bit lazy when it comes to pronouncing full sentences or more than one word in a sequence. Worst example that comes to mind is the kids show Tree Fu Tom. It was his favourite for a while. He can say the words on their own but if he says them together he says "bee boo buh"... No idea why. He'll get there in his own time I guess.

Amelia says single words, sometimes two together. But like Aleena, the pronounciation isn't great, but it won't be with most!

I understand most of what she's saying even though most is gobbledygook. But others don't always, so she sounds foreign at the moment!

It was around 3, my son had a huge explosion with language. Right now, at 4, everything is toilet talk. Apparently, I'm a poo head, and daddy is a poo face. Charming!

Rex can say sentences up to about 5 words but usually just 3 or 4. He doesn't pronounce most things very well. DH & I can understand nearly everything he says between us but we often have to interpret for others. His language has exploded recently. That could be a cause of the bad sleeping?

Naima, are you bringing up Aleena to be bilingual? Just wondered! :)

On sleeping news, 30 mins since we tucked him up and bed & haven't heard a thing :happydance: I'm sure it won't last but I'm very thankful that bedtime itself wasn't a battle. Have the spare duvet ready to lay on his floor in the night if need be! Very glad I'm still off work!

I have serious bump envy, Sam! I'm def getting broody for no. 2!

Rex can say sentences up to about 5 words but usually just 3 or 4. He doesn't pronounce most things very well. DH & I can understand nearly everything he says between us but we often have to interpret for others. His language has exploded recently. That could be a cause of the bad sleeping?

Naima, are you bringing up Aleena to be bilingual? Just wondered! :)

On sleeping news, 30 mins since we tucked him up and bed & haven't heard a thing :happydance: I'm sure it won't last but I'm very thankful that bedtime itself wasn't a battle. Have the spare duvet ready to lay on his floor in the night if need be! Very glad I'm still off work!

I have serious bump envy, Sam! I'm def getting broody for no. 2!

Thanks for asking... I do want to teach her Dutch but it'll probably be around age 3-4 when I start teaching her. Want her to speak English first :haha:
We plan to move to Holland somewhere in the years to come (could be in 5 or 10 years) so it'll be good for her to know the language.

congrats Rachel! enjoy every moment! at least with not drinking you'll not have a hangover the next day ;)

happy birthday josie!

speech wise, Alex has finally started learning lots of words, and he'll repeat things if i ask him, but he's lazy too with sentences, occasionally we have 2 words but mostly just one. Pronouncing wise i understand him but many people still don't. One thing he won't do is listen to me that not all animals with four legs are 'doggies' or 'goggies' as he calls them, and in his world the goggies all go 'oink, oink'...but think that's cos he enjoys snorting :rofl:

ooh and hope you have a good night sarah! we're going to tackle doing that in the next few wks as he's now climbed out his cot without sleeping bag on so now he has to wear a sleep bag, however he managed to get out of that the other day too, just hasn't put two and two together yet, lol! just need to fix his new furniture to the wall before we take the side off :D

Haha Toby's just starting to realise that not all animals go woof or moo! He knows most farmyard noises now and a ton of animals but snakes and spiders/bugs are his favourites.

Letters-wise he can spell his name if it's written in front of him or he's asked to find the letters on a computer keyboard but he doesn't know any other letters yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->