April Mummies 2011

All the best Sarah!

In other news, I have attempted to wean Amelia off the boob. It's been 36 hours so far, in the day she is fine. Going to bed she is fine. It's the night time! I take her to the kitchen and give her some warm milk from a cup, then she will settle in her bed again but it's the being woken up part im getting sick off! I would love just one full night sleep!
Also now her bed is open, she is less likely to scream for me in the night, instead comes into my room and climbs into my bed. This is where she is sneaky and tried to breastfeeding by grabbing my top and pulling it down whilst I'm half asleep. So I'll have to have my wits about me! My body feels so confused pregnant and breastfeeding. My nipples are getting so sore that's another reason!

Good luck to those moving to toddler beds! I loved moving Toby into one but he's started getting up at 1am the past few nights and sneaking into my room. Twice in the last few days I've been woken up by a Toby shaped thing climbing over me to get to the middle of the bed!

Poppy is advance in speech she can hold conversations etc. tonight she ordered her meal at the restaurant 'lady I would like a fruit shoot and my dinner yummy carrots and peas please' lol

I still need to sort Poppy's bed out as she still in cot. And get her to climb the stairs as she's still not doing that yet lol

ooh good luck jakes! i found weaning alex cold turkey worked best, after about 4-5days he just stopped asking, however we were already down to 1 feed before bed so just replaced that with milk in a cup. Love her sneaky ways!! maybe a high necked top is the way forwards? took until about 20wks for my milk to dry up and he weaned just before i got my new bfp!

aww it sounds cute katherine that toby does that! however i know i tend to get my head squashed first thing in the morning so in the middle of the night i imagine it's not so funny :haha: xx

Your milk dried up quickly considering how long you fed for, Caroline. Unbelievably, I STILL have milk! I stopped BFing Rex when he was 6 months old!!! Clearly I had no supply issues! lol I don't leak or anything like that but sometimes when I get out of the shower, I have tiny beads of milk on my nipples & I can get a few drops out by using the hand expressing motion. It's insane considering I only fed Rex for such a relatively short time! I Googled it cos was a bit worried but apparently milk can last for up to 2 years after stopping feeding & some women always have small amounts. Nature is strange! Maybe I should become a wet nurse :haha:

:rofl: at wet nursing! i reckon its cos i'm pregnant again. A lot of peoples milk dries up in pregnancy even if LO is still nursing, so makes sense if you also stop nursing you'll dry up quicker. I wondered if it'd go straight from milk to colostrum which is kinda did for a while but now i get nothing if i try hand expressing. No doubt it'll be back before long :haha:, think i was 34 wks with alex the first time i noticed any colostrum, so not long now!

Omg don't say that girls!! I was hoping to be milk free for a while haha!!

It only took me a month dry up I think but j didn't squeeze or fondle them much. Though I got colostrum at 5 do this pregnancy

wow, abby is really lazy with her talking then. most of it is abby speak, tho we really don't push her to learn letters etc. i'd rather she enjoy playing or whatever then worry about weather she knows her colors, letters, whatever

wow, abby is really lazy with her talking then. most of it is abby speak, tho we really don't push her to learn letters etc. i'd rather she enjoy playing or whatever then worry about weather she knows her colors, letters, whatever

Aleena learned all her letters from an iphone app called Endless Alphabet or Endless ABC's or something :haha:
She loooooves letters at the moment

We only let her have the phone to play games either at the store (once a week), or if we are on a long car trip. I don't like her playing on my iPhone but she freaks out on long (longer than 20 mins) in the car and the phone keeps her entertained for a while.

Dana neither do I! Even jake is awful with learning letters and I hate the way his preschool get pushy. I can't FORCE a child to do it! He learns better through play, that's the approach I've done with both.

Both my kids were slow with speech but they sure as heck have a wicked sense of humour and a lot of love to give haha!

I don't push poppy she just started talking at 8 months and has not stopped since. She loves letters, books and even learning it seems. She has such a short attention span she needs constantly stimulating.

Hi Ladies! It's pickles birthday today, how the HELL are our little ones 2!!! I can't quite believe it tbh!

In terms of speech pickle can say and identify all her letters and numbers, knows loads of songs but her sentences are a bit pants :D I don't really care though, she's my girl, she won't shut up when she can talk so I'm still enjoying the peace ;)

I am a bit worried about my niece though :( she'll be 2 in Aug and she's still not standing up :( I hadn't been bothered about it, and tbh she is making progress, but I'm starting to wonder that maybe there is something different with her. Does anyone know of someone nearly 2 before they stood up? She won't even bear weight on her feet :(

Happy birthday josie and pickle! :)

Ollies a bit slow with speech...he can chatter away but for some rreason always misses the first letter off every single word lol. He only talks when he can be bothered too but im not fussed since its no race and each child is different but theyll all get there eventually :)

Happy birthday pickle!!!
It is considered very delayed if they aren't weight bearing by 8 months. I would mention it to them and see about a physical therapy referral. That might be all that your niece needs but the longer it goes the harder it is to catch up. I don't want to worry you but I work with kids in that age that are often very delayed and I've never seen or heard of it going that long.

Happy birthday, Pickle! Enjoy your special day :)

Night 1 in the big boy bed was better than I dared hope! He didn't wake until 4.45 (although I'd been to him twice by then but he was never awake) but then refused to go back to sleep so we had an early start. But I'll take that! Fingers crossed it wasn't just beginner's luck & tonight is just as good, if not a teeny bit better!

happy birthday pickle!

yay for a good first night sarah, fx'ed for night two!

gertrude re. your neice i also work with disabled kids and although it's not unheard of i'd def be asking for further referrals with not even weigh bearing by nearly 2. Is she crawling, rolling etc?

They have seen the paediatrician at 12 and 18 months and have another appt at 2years coming up but no referrals out of that team atm. She doesn't crawl but bum shuffles, she's very fast at it. But won't stand on her own. Very weird tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->