April Mummies 2011

Thanks sazzles party was a success and not to stressful :)

Haha hello! How is everyone?
I just (almost) finished my hospital bag! Except for the bottles and milk (yeah I know, but ff is best for me just now)... Oh, and my toothbrush and camera. Now I just need to wash the cot sheets, set up the steriliser and, errr, buy a chest of drawers for baby clothes. Probably should've done that sooner but still.

Anybody else got glorious sunshine? I'm enjoying it by sitting indoors with the curtains closed.

do you have names picked out yet cottles? well, anyone else for that matter

Omg cottles, I must've been living under a rock as I have only just noticed you have a date for the babies arrival!! How exciting!!

I haven't even begun thinking of names yet, probably won't until I'm 39 weeks or something lol!!

Haven't really done much today. Just took jake to school, then Amelia to playgroup, then park and made a cake.
Time to get the kids ready for bed. Seems to take an eternity these days!!

argh don't ask about names Dana...nooo idea what this poor baby is gonna be called :rofl:

yay for nearly being sorted katherine! yup we've lovely sunshine atm :D:D, though i had to work today then came home and touched up the paint in the babies room so not managed to get out in it :(. On the plus side though the room is getting there! just got the mural to do and the new carpet to go in then we can put the furniture in :D xx

:hi: emmy's!

Wow!! Cottles you are so close!!! How exciting!! :)

We have lots of sun and its HOT!!! But thats the south for ya! lol

Dana- I have baby names picked and im not pregnant (or planning on it atm)...That's probably weird!:haha:

Yeah we're keeping the date off Facebook but it's 4 weeks tomorrow.. Eeek! Having a major "first night alone" type freak out just now though.
Alone at night with hungry twins and being stuck in bed after a c section... How do I sterilise bottles or prepare feeds?! I asked the hospital- they have sterilisers and a fridge but don't allow pre-made bottles to be kept in it so I have NO idea how I'll manage. Might have to spend more money on those disposable steri-bottles for the overnight feeds.

We have agreed on names but we're keeping them hush til they're born. So they're still just Bert & Ernie ;)

Cottles u can buy pre made formula in cartons a little expensive but may be worth it til your on your feet fully. Then u only have to worry about sterilising x

emmys- we have a couple girl names, a few boy names and we're not preggy either :blush:

Can anyone help you with nightfeeds, cottles? It's a shame those night nannys are so expensive!! Never used one but read about them once, they come and do the night shift for you. What a luxury that would be!

Well Amelia is FINALLY going through the night, 7.00-7.30am. Only took the little turd 2 years!

She's also using the potty independently at home and brings it to me after she's done. Yuck! We are onto wearing pants now and she seems to get the idea of taking them down and not peeing in them! I'm hoping she will be definitely dry by the time she starts preschool in September. From past experience, she should only be another month or so.
Let me stress, I have not encouraged her at all, she just decided to go one day and that was it?

As for pregnancy, morning sickness has finally subsided and I HOPE it has actually gone and won't return for a while!! Anyone had a boy and had morning sickness? I only had it with Amelia, not Jake.

DH will be helping with night feeds at home. It's the nights at the hospital that bother me. I'll be getting cartons of formula but obviously in hospital I can't keep bottles in the steriliser so unless I do them as and when needed, the bottles won't stay sterile. Might ask about it at my next appointment.

Well done Amelia on sleeping through AND potty training... Impressive!
I had ms with the twins. I had food aversions with Toby but no actual sickness.

My sister in law has had chronic morning sickness and she's having a boy.

I kinda want another boy so that's why I asked haha!!

In hospital, I'm sure the midwives will help. I rang the buzzer a few times so they could help me breastfeed so I'm sure they'll help, especially at night when your tired and recovering from c-sec. How much are those glass bottles? I believe they are ready to use? Is that what you referred to about steri bottles?

https://m.boots.com/mt/www.boots.co...o-use-Starter-Pack-From-birth-onwards_955186/

This is what I was thinking if but I think you may have mentioned it already. Sorry, baby brain kicking in already!

My friend had hypermesis and was severely sick until 6 months with her boy

Jakes Ive been hunting for those but can't find them anywhere locally :( Tommee tippee do disposable 1-use bottles that are sterilised and sealed so I was tempted by those since I've already bought the formula but I think I'll call the ward, express my concerns and see what they say.

Are you going to find out what you're having or stay team yellow?

I had hyperemesis with ollie. All 38 bloomin weeks of it haha!

Im so excited for you all expecting! :3

Ughh still full of a cold. Ive been in touch with police today so im stressed too. Wont go into detail but fob tried to snatch LO sooo yeah not a good day at all lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->