April Mummies 2011

That mural looks awesome :)

Omg everyones raving about the good weather an theres me full of a cold still! Feel like shit lol :')

And it's going to get warmer Gem! Hope you feel better by next week as that's when it'll be nice (well, down here at least!)

Yea Gem! Feel better. The weather has been great here too. I just wish I would feel better now. I've been sick for far too long. It is the house I'm house sitting. It i s so messy and dirty/dog hair that it is really messing with me. But only 12 more days!!!
I'm officially 3rd tried as of last Monday!
Hope the rest of you are doing good.

So today poppy has taking to going hmmmmm when she's angry and getting louder the more annoyed she gets lol

ria i could totally deal with a 'hmmm' :haha:, alex just full on cries if something doesn't go his way...kinda driving me nuts! :dohh:

eeek we have sewage over our drive :sick:, luckily noted by the bloke cutting down a tree for us today. Yuck, yuck, yuck! hope its easily fixed not anything serious!

Oh we've done crying, screaming and shouting and she's learnt that that doesn't get her no where. Lol so now were on hmmm

Urghhh caro hope it's fixed quickly... Gross!
The flat me and DH first had together had a manhole cover in the back garden that, every time it rained, would leak sewage. The path would be covered in poo, tampons and whatever else the neighbours flushed after a heavy rain storm. So disgusting.

On the tantrum side of things, Toby is a "throw himself on the floor, roll and kick legs" kind of stropper. He'll sometimes throw himself forward and hit his forehead in the floor but seems to be growing out of that now. He doesn't scream, he cries then gets bored and whines. And he pretty much only does it at home so far *touches wood* I'm dreading that first supermarket strop!

DH and the drain man are still ourside! been nearly 1.5hrs now. Apparently it was backed up with loads of poo :sick:, prob been blocked since we moved in! how gross. The bloke that's working on fixing it needs a medal, :haha:
That's so gross re. the tampons etc.

So just found poppy on the floor. Didn't hear her fall out of bed guessing she slipped she was cozily curled up felt cruel putting her back into bed lol

Ohmygosh I'm sooo tired. Toby fell asleep at 6pm so DH put him to bed (I was already in bed having a lie down)... But 6pm is way earlier than Toby's normal bed time so he woke up at 10:30... It's now 1:45am and Toby is still wide awake so I've had to bring him downstairs to watch tv so that DH can get some sleep. Not ideal because I'm soooo uncomfortable at the moment I just want to rest, but I have no trouble sleeping in the day whereas DH can't so I volunteered. But dear lord I wish Toby wanted to do something other than watch peppa pig for hours on end!

Sorry I haven't been posting much! Spring is here (at least according to the calendar) so work has been picking up and I haven't felt like doing much more than veg out! Isis has started counting. She started a couple weeks ago with 1-2-3 and now she can (if she's concentrating) count to 12. She know up to 18 at least that's what I've heard from her.
Last weekend I raced in a 5k and dh raced a 10k. I placed 20th in my age group at 28:30 and dh placed 17th in his age group at 48:50. We're trying to get a jogging stroller so we can train on the weekends too. We want to do a 10 mile trail run in the fall.
Tomorrow 3 two year olds are coming over to play with Isis. I just wish the weather was going to be good. I told them to bring boots and coats so they could play in the rain! One of the kids coming has been staying home with dad for the past 6 months or so. I can't wait to see how the kids play together after being apart for so long. I'm very excited for this play date!

Sounds so much fun Danielle! We'd love to Join you...if we were a few thousand miles closer!! Lol!! Well done on the run! That's brilliant placing!

Cottles, what time did Toby eventually go to sleep?

omg katherine, that'd kill me! hope you have a better night tonight!

danielle i'm well impressed by your running!

we spent most of the afternoon trying to put together flat pack storage units for our garage, omg one took hours, its meant to store diy tools, we decided we prob shouldn't own it if we didn't even have the diy skills to put it together :haha:

hope those in the uk are having a nice long wkend :D xx

Toby finally got to sleep at 3:35 last night. Yep. Five hours after he woke up. We ended up watching three, yes THREE hours of Peppa Freakin Pig while eating toast and yogurt (separately!) and having cuddles under a duvet on the sofa. Lord was I tired this morning!
He;s just gone to bed now so I'm treating myself to an early night.

Wow that was a long night shift!!! I think is go a bit insane after 30 minutes Peppa pig let alone hours lol!!! Can't bear it!!

Amelia hardly watches tv but only because she's more interested in trashing my house! She may watch Mickey Mouse clubhouse on Disney but apart from that, nothing will hold her attention. Grr! Sometimes I'd love 5 minutes to do something without wondering what she's getting Into! I love that she is inquisitive, nothing wrong there, but I'd also love for her to pay attention to something for longer than 2 minutes!!

DH is working this bank holiday, 12 hour shifts all day so ill be doing it alone but I love it! We have lots of fun although I'm knackered a lot, these days! Jake has a birthday party tomorrow. It's for twins at his school so double the presents! Was thinking of getting a game they can both play, kill two birds with one stone ;)

Yeah it drove me insane by the end of the 3 hours!
I limit Toby's tv watching during the day but in the earliest hours of the morning I figured there's no point arguing... And it meant keeping the lights off and being calm rather than running around playing. If I'd turned on the lights and treated it like morning he'd never have gone back to bed!

Enjoy the bank holiday! We had cinema plans that fell through so we've got some of DHs family over tomorrow but nothing planned for Monday. It'll just be a day indoors I think. Or in the garden if it's nice... Fingers crossed! Some outdoor painting or something would be nice.

Oh Cottles! Awful! Rosie did that to me a few nights ago! She was up from 10-3 and I wanted to die! Though hers must've been something not feeling right. She only would sleep cuddled in my arms. House sitting has been so hard on her! I eventually gave her Tylenol and she fell asleep. She wouldn't go to bed the other night too. Slept the whole night once she did (2 hours late!!!) And only slept for 7.5 hours before waking up for the day. So I got way less than that.
Annnd once again I'm covered in poison oak :(

What is poison oak? I've heard of it but never knew where it came from or how it affects you? I guess I could google, but thought I'd ask!

it's a plant with an oil on it that if it comes in contact with your skin makes a rash that itches. when you itch it, it spreads. when you touch it and touch another part of your skin, it spreads. it's a beast that can only be cured with lotion and not itching (which i hear can be challenging)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->