April Mummies 2011

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!! :wohoo: I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Emmys! That's awesome news, so happy for you!!!

Cottles. Originally I was going to not find out but I am crap at surprises and too much of an organiser! I hate not knowing so ill be finding out!! Exciting!

Well done Emmy!

Omg gem no that must have been awful. Hope ollie is ok x

Cottles - your OH can sterilise the bottles at home for you and as long as they're tightly screwed together (and properly washed and sterilised) they will be fine for 12 hours (ie the overnight one). Just get LOTS of bottles so you don't run out (I wished we'd had more for pickle as the feeling of OH COCK WE'VE RUN OUT is rubbish :D)

I thought they stopped being sterile once they were out of the steriliser but I guess if it's sealed it doesn't make much of a difference where it is? Thanks!

Emmys, congrats!
Gem, Hope you guys are ok.
Jakes, woop! Have you got a 12w scan date yet?

Yeah ollies fine. Dont think he understood what was happening thankfully. I endedup sat in the station sobbing and trying to call for help lol an he just sat there stroking my leg saying aww mama :')

There is a lot of crap talked about sterlising baby bottles, and yes if you want to be perfect you use them straight away. But, realistically, if they're sterlised, and your hands are clean and dry, and you put them together as tight as possible - what could happen to them?

We used to make our milk at night for the next 24hours and fast cool and stick in the fridge. As long as you use hot enough water to kill the bugs in the powder it's fine.

If you use cartons the first few days (which is what I would do), get your hubby to bring some in in the afternoon, that have been freshly sterilised, and you'll be fine :)

The issue is the bugs in the milk powder anyway, if you think you don't sterilise a nipple everytime it goes in their mouth, or their blanket/whatever, the issue is left over milk residue or badly made fresh milk. The cartons eliminate the milk powder issue so as long as he cleans them well then sterilises etc and follows good procedure you'll be absolutely fine x

When I formula fed jake I would make them up in advance and like Gertrude, stuck in the back of the fridge. I usually had 6 bottles and would make them the night before! My mum used to do this and it's all bloody health and safety nowadays!

It is all a bit bonkers really haha!

Yes my 12 week scan is on the 21st at 11.20! Ill be looking for ONE baby, think I'd have a heart attack if there were more than one in there !!!!

the main problem is that the milk powder itself isn't sterile, so it's really important to have the water hot enough to kill the bugs - not quite freshly boiled is best certainly don't leave it longer than 5mins etc (for a full kettle) - they advise leaving it longer because otherwise people burn themselves (cos they're idiots) and sue the milk companies

hot hot water, fast fast cool, nice cold fridge at the back (never in a door) and you'll be fine :)

the fast cool is important so you don't have luke warm milk hanging around :)

Yeah I used to shove mine in the sink! Seems. Ages ago I did all that but it's not really! I don't think I'll BF this one as long as I did Amelia. She got a bit obsessed towards the end lol!!

Oh Amelia has her preschool induction next month! Can't believe she's going to preschool. Already!! Mind. She'll enjoy it as she's so independent, she will be able to escape from me for a couple hours!

If we do have another, I've already promised I won't destroy myself about BFing like I did last time. I know I have hypoplasia, I know EBFing is almost impossible, so I will try the following - 24hours EBF, then 6 days EBF, then if weight loss introduce a bottle, combi for a month and then stop.

I nearly killed myself with hatred last time and poor pickle really suffered because of it.

If I had twins, they will be FF from the start :)

At least with the second, you'd be able to put all your knowledge from your first experience into that experience! I never realised how hard BF could be.

Gosh how hard is it to look after a little one when ill. I've been puking on and off today and feel awful and to top it off poppy Is being a little terror. All I want to do is go to bed

Ooh caro what's the mural like?
Finished muriel.jpgthis is the one i did in alexs old room, think going to do basically the same for new baby as i was really pleased with it :)

Can anyone help you with nightfeeds, cottles? It's a shame those night nannys are so expensive!! Never used one but read about them once, they come and do the night shift for you. What a luxury that would be!

Well Amelia is FINALLY going through the night, 7.00-7.30am. Only took the little turd 2 years!

She's also using the potty independently at home and brings it to me after she's done. Yuck! We are onto wearing pants now and she seems to get the idea of taking them down and not peeing in them! I'm hoping she will be definitely dry by the time she starts preschool in September. From past experience, she should only be another month or so.
Let me stress, I have not encouraged her at all, she just decided to go one day and that was it?

As for pregnancy, morning sickness has finally subsided and I HOPE it has actually gone and won't return for a while!! Anyone had a boy and had morning sickness? I only had it with Amelia, not Jake.

wow yay for sttn finally AND potty training! gosh wish alex would potty train lol, I've ordered a toilet insert thingy to try and encourage a bit as he goes 'ow' when he sits on the potty for any time!

i had ms with alex...but not really this time, we will see if that means anything in july!!

I had hyperemesis with ollie. All 38 bloomin weeks of it haha!

Im so excited for you all expecting! :3

Ughh still full of a cold. Ive been in touch with police today so im stressed too. Wont go into detail but fob tried to snatch LO sooo yeah not a good day at all lol.

eeek scary, glad you're ok!

I GOT THE JOB!!!!!! :wohoo: I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo: I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yay well done!!

Gosh how hard is it to look after a little one when ill. I've been puking on and off today and feel awful and to top it off poppy Is being a little terror. All I want to do is go to bed

eugh, hope you feel better soon :hugs: xx

Yeah some of the potties can be hard on their little bums lol!! We have an Asda Cheapy £1.50 one for when travelling about and that Is like a rock!!

I LOVE the Winnie the Pooh mural! So beautiful, well done you!!

Poor you! Hope you feel better soon, you're right, it so so hard trying to chase/entertain a toddler when feeling rough. Hope you get a good nights sleep :)

Thanks.
Pretty sure poppy is going through a growth spurt she is continually tired despite sleeping well.
Also she's now in a bed from the last two nights she seems to love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->