April Mummies 2011

that sounds nasty! hope you get rid of it quick Sam! I'm guessing we don't have that plant in the uk as I've never heard of it either?

oh man i've kinda done my back in :(, but on the plus side we've never had such an organised garage :haha:

Yeah im not sure we have it over here. Sounds like we should be thankful!

Caro, you be careful lady! Take it easy x

Yes Caro I'm gonna nag you too!! Be careful!

Jake had a party today, I've never been so knackered! It was in a gymnasium so had all the beams, foam pit, bars, bouncy castle, spring floor was so fun. But as I also took Amelia, I was chasing her everywhere and there was no AC! Was sweltering in there!!!

Both kids asleep now so going to chill and have the tv to myself for once!

sounds exhausting rachel!

I'll be careful ladies :), its kinda after I've been doing something I feel it :dohh:. Easier day tomorrow though, intend to start the baby's mural and then we're going to a bbq :D

Hope everyones enjoying their wkends xx

Happy bank holiday hope everyone has a nice day :) sunny too! Sat in the garden typing this watching ollie play in his sand pit :)

Had a lovely little day. My boyfriend came round early on an we had a little snuggle day lol. Hes in the army and goes back later so quality time is nice :)

Sam the poison oak thing sounds nasty hope it clears up soon! X

I've had a lovely bank holiday weekend in the sun. So don't want to go back to work tomorrow thou lol

I didnt really do much today! Just played with the kids at home as DH was working all weekend , so I am bloody knackered now! I LOVE getting involved with the kids and play fighting etc but either I'm getting old or this baby is exhausting me already!! Haha!

I got a lovely tan on my lower arms... And chest apparently! I usually burn so maybe tanning skin is a pregnancy perk. Hurrah! Downside being the size that my feet inflated to. Ouch.

Hello ladies!! Been gone for a while, but i'm back! :D Nothing new to report really.

I do want to say- I'm feeling like a whale already!!! I'm up 11 lbs!!! That's almost a pound a week minus two weeks and who knows maybe i've already gained those too!!

I just can't stop eating, i'm CONSTANTLY hungry! Ever since second trimester started it was worse and in first trimester I didn't eat well, i didn't eat a lot but what I did eat was probably not as healthy as i'd want. At least I'm eating a bit better now... but i'm still eating A TON! And the sweets are what I'm constantly craving.

Hope everyone is doing good. I know Cottles is due SOON! Anyone else due soon?

:hi: casey...i'm the same with the sweets...so not good! gonna have a ton of non baby weight to shift after :dohh:

katherine, get your feet up lady!!

i've listened to your tellings off and taken it easy the past 48hrs or so, back pain and hip pain have improved 100%!! i almost feel normal again and can walk fairly normally too :D, what a difference some rest makes!!

my poor baby has D&V today, 1st time he's ever had it :(, poor thing. DH stayed home with him today as its my last wk at work this wk so really need to be in. Plus hoping this way I might avoid catching anything! xx

So exhausted! This is the first time I've been doing my dyeing job and my full time job during the busy season of planting. I just finished 3 hours of dyeing what I spent 2 hours tying last night. I've been pulling seed all day in the warehouse getting ready to plant.
Enough complaining! We had a fantastic weekend! Too many funny stories to tell! I'm sure you guys all saw Isis eating the rib. That was completely her idea. She asked for it with the fridge closed and ate it cold (cooked of course). Crazy kid! Dog decided to chase geese in the pond so she got a bath outside with a hose and isis thought that was hilarious. Cat brought a 13 spot gopher as a present but didn't kill it, just maimed it. Then it ran under our hot tub so we had to fish it out so it didn't die under there.
Actually, Saturday with 4 2 year olds playing was less eventful than Sunday with just our family!
Yesterday we left work a little early, came home and Isis and I planted the garden with peas, beans, potatoes, brussel sprouts, radishes, spinach, herbs, gourds, zucchini, and pumpkins. All that's left is tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and cantaloupe. Pretty good considering how wet its been this spring!

If we ever make it to the UK, I am totally going to tell you guys where we're going, just to see if we can meet up! It would be so much fun! That goes for the girls here in the US too! We'll be in Eagle River,WI the entire week before the 4th of July (Dana, hint hint...) :)

eeeeek!!!! we'll totally be up that way at that time!!!! maybe you can rescue me from my in laws, lol

Lol Dana!!

I am 30 mins drive from Central London, so if you flew into Heathrow or Gatwick I'm literally between both of them, so it's east for me to meet anywhere! England is so small in comparison to the USA, (obviously!) so driving anywhere is really easy and doesn't take too long.

I'd recommend visiting the Lake District. It is further north but so so beautiful and one of our national parks. Don't know if you've heard of Beatrix Potter and her Peter Rabbit books, but this is where she lived and there's a house you can visit. It's where all her ideas came from and is so idyllic/quaint!

London has tons to do, as expected. Definitely do a duck tour which starts on the road and transforms into a boat so you go along the river Thames. You'll see parliament, Westminster(where Big Ben is), the London Eye, St Paul's cathedral etc etc. another good trip is the Science museum, it's also free to enter and has a fair bit in the basement for Isis age.

Aww caro hope hes better soon! X

Im in Liverpool. We were the city of culture a few years back. Loads to do. An jakes we have/had one of those duck bus boat things too! But I heard it went under in the mersey recently lol :|

Ahhh ive got carpet burn up my back an its so so sore lol. Wont bother saying how I got it lol ;) but owwww!

I think that says plenty about how you got it!! :haha:

I've only been to Liverpool once and didn't do a single Beatles thing. Except take the bus to Penny Lane.

I'm in the centre in Birmingham, so can get places pretty easily :)

I'm in hospital after a quick monitoring showed I was having contractions every five minutes or so. I think they're just strong BHs and the boys are going to stay put for the next 3 weeks but they want me in overnight anyway just to be sure. I'm bored already lol

Omg cottles!! Never know!! How are they now? The contractions? You have done well to carry them til this far, so I wouldn't be surprised if they make an early entrance these next couple of weeks!! Eek!

I hated being strapped to that monitor. It really is boring especially when you haven't got a clue what the docs have planned!

This sounds really lame, especially as its only early days, but I can't wait til I'm in labour! I found it weirdly enjoyable knowing I was meeting baby soon!

Also found out my hospital has recently just opened up a new birth centre which gives you all the same options as a home birth but in hospital grounds. So as my house is too small, it's perfect for me as it midwife led, they don't do as many checks on your cervix, and they have tons of birthing pools and ropes you can pull and lean on. I stood up most of Amelia's labour so that would have been so handy, as it hangs from the ceiling so you can bear weight on it. And sway with it etc gas and air is available but that's it. I'm so going to do it! Bit excited (sad!)

ooh no rachel that's not sad!! i'm excited to do it all again too :D:D

katherine, hope you're allowed home tomorrow! unless the boys decide to come, i'm sure they'd be cooked enough by now :), but def don't wish you an extended hospital stay!!

gem...err...yep we do not need any more details of your carpet burns :rofl:

alex just got diarrhea now i think, not been sick since first thing this morning! have to say DH has been amazing, as it was my last couple days at work he's taken the time off and i've gone in :), i've not cleaned up any sick at all and only done about 5 nappies!! he even got up with him twice last night, inc bathing him in the night while i slept. First thing i knew that he had been up was when i had a mini heart attack seeing an empty cot this morning and DH was like 'yeah he's in the travel cot as was sick in the night' :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->