April Mummies 2011

Wow, I feel like I haven't posted for an eternity. Sorry for being rubbish. I have been reading every few days but have just been mad busy. I'm up to my ears in coursework & marking with the exam season imminent :( Sorry to hear that work is mad busy for you too, Danielle :(

I also had my 30th (eeeek!) last week so celebrated that with DH last Wed with a meal, then we had a family weekend in Center Parcs to celebrate with my parents, my sis & her DF. Rex had such a fab time! He loved, loved, loved the swimming, the wildlife & the woods and being with grandad for 3 solid days! This coming weekend, I'm having a spa day & afternoon tea followed by cocktails with my girlie friends. Dragging out the celebrations, as you can tell! :haha: But you only turn 30 once! I need to make the most of the alcohol before we TTC no. 2 in the summer!

Katherine, how are things going now? Any decisions been made? It's so exciting!

I totally understand what you mean about being excited labour, Rachel! I'm really looking forward to doing it all again. I was on my feet til pushing with Rex too. That's exciting about the birthing centre. I'm toying with the idea of a home birth next time so I aren't made to lay down to push like I was this time.

Hope Alex gets better soon, Caroline. Oh & happy maternity leave! Lucky you, finishing so early!

Good to hear from you Sazzle!! I'm not that far behind you (2 years!) then ill be celebrating turning 30. Where do the years go??

When I was ready to push, my midwife suggested squating and leaning on the bed but I literally couldn't stand anymore; my legs were shaking from the pain! So I threw myself on the bed, literally, as her head was right THERE. She was out in 2 pushes, I'm dreading how fast this one will pop out!!

We are going on a ferry this Friday, albeit only to Isle of Wight, BUT gale force winds are scheduled for tomorrow. Wtf?!! The only few days that ill be travelling and there is fucking gale force winds and ill be on a boat on the Solent. Fuck sake!! I hate boats as it is haha!

hey caro....how have you been preggy for a year? pardon me if i missed something...

Typed up a huge response this morning then my phone freaked out. 6 more days of house sitting. Yaaaayyy!!

i have heat rash all over my body and it sucks.

that's all.

Blahhhh. Still in hospital... Another ctg was done this morning but only showed 3 contractions in 40 minutes so I'll probably be sent home later as they're not progressing.

Oh Blimey Katherine! Hope they either progress or stop as being in limbo is no bloody fun!

Sent home because I'm not progressing. Wahhh. I'm going to spend the next 20 days terrified that I'm going to go naturally at home and not make it to hospital in time. :dohh:

On the plus side, I missed Toby LOADS so at least I get to spend the day with him in the garden now.

Yes! Make the most of that time with Toby as now , like you mention, it could be anytime! I wouldn't be surprised if by the end of the week.. ;)

Ohh cottles at least youre home. Lol I got all excited an was hoping to log in to pics pf twins :p

Jakes hope the boat ride goes ok!

Oh jeez the 2 days of summer was over so quick haha. So much rain now :( ive been looking for a holiday. One is needed desperately. Itll be my first holiday without my parents though so yeah im nervous xD

hey caro....how have you been preggy for a year? pardon me if i missed something...

eh? what you mean? i'm off work for over a year now though :D

good luck on the ferry rachel!

hope the exam period is over quickly for you sarah! always feel sorry for teachers at this time of year, but then am well jealous once the summer hols hits :haha:

gem, don't plan too far away, travelling with a toddler isn't fun! keep the flight short and time difference minimal :).

alex still has a runny bum :(, least we seem to be done with the sick now though!

I wish I got a year off!! I would be done with work right now!!!
Is Alex's poo that paste color? I was told by my Dr that about it 10% of kids become lactose intolerant for about a week after a tummy bug

oh! you're in england so it's not bfp on may 11, it's nov 5 :dohh:

Caro hope Alex is better soon :(

An yeah thinking of spain. We went last year but with my mum an dad an he loved it :) flight isnt too long and it wasn't stupidly hot so thinking of going there again :)

Cottles!!! Not too long now!! :D I was so excited that you might have twin pics up soon! ;)

Anywho- getting ready to move to Ga, so I might not be checking as much. Plus i'm totally obsessed with the drama over at Babycenter LMAO. It seems their's a new hilarious story every so often. This week it was a girl who had a threesome with two guys who WASNT her BF, and now doesn't know who the baby daddy is.

A few weeks ago it was a prostitute who wasn't sure if she should get a paternity test because she doesn't know if the baby is her DH (who is also her pimp) or if it was one of her johns.

I know I shouldn't laugh- but they are kind of comically sad situations, IF they are even true. I just kind of feel like these situations are COMPLETELY avoidable. It's not like prostitution is even a LEGAL option, you kind of have to go the whole "illegal" route to do it. Wouldn't it just be easier to have two part time jobs or something?

:rofl: Dana...ah i'm now with you as to why you'd think that! :D, your dates are just backwards ;)

we've had no poo since this mornign :yipee:...sooo hoping that's the end of it now!! Sam, its gone a pale yellow but literally was liquid this morning so think all water he'd had was just ejected! he wasn't allowed any milk yesterday and i only gave him a small amount today so hopefully his tummy's now settling :). I've tried to only give him foods which are dry and plain to not irritate his tummy anymore!

katherine, hope you had a nice day with toby! i reckon those babies are gonna be here soon now!

i've actually dug out all the baby clothes to start washing them...eeek...all feels a little real now!

and casey...you're dumping us for drama on another website..tut tut ;) xx

My doctor always advises to give yoghurts after stomach bugs as they line the stomach apparently and sooth it

thanks ria, that makes sense. Will see if i can get him to eat one tomorrow. He's been kinda fussy (fussier than normal!!), like he insisted on a dry weetabix this morning (yuck imo), but apart from making a mess he did actually eat most of it! then ate a fair bit of porridge for dinner. I've just been going with the flow for now, plus allowing his dummy during the day and will have to deal with bad habits once he's properly better :)

I feel so ashamed!!!! :nope:

The Nov club on here wasn't very interesting. So I had to find somewhere. Babycenter is full of a lot of Bitches though! Not as supportive as you girls have always been. I don't post about real issues on there. Just laugh at the funny ones.... which is kind of mean of me.

Josie's had pink eye all week too. It's been awful putting the drops in her eyes. She screams and we have to hold her down. It breaks my heart every time... and we have to keep doing it for about 5 more days!!

Plus i'm like face deep in schoolwork! ACK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->