April Mummies 2011

I am meant to be in the November group too but I haven't a clue if I am due November or the 1st December so I've stayed faithful to my April Mummies for now haha!!

The worst forum in uk has to be mumsnet. So so bitchy and a funny "Am I being unreasonable" section. I'm not a member just have a browse occasionally in shock! Some of the responses to ladies questions are downright mean and rude!

I prefer this thread than to the July moms on here too. Probably because I am only on my phone so I can't reply to everyone in the other thread and they don't reply to much of my posts. But there have been so many girls over there who are all waaahh no one pays attention to me. And I have you girls and not the most time in the world.
I'm a sack of hormones today. I miss my hubby. I want to be home and I'm so over these dogs. I have no normalcy in my life right now (exaggerating). And rosie has been so fussy today. She won't go to sleep and now she won't stay asleep.
There Casey. Some drama for you. I feel bad about shining about not seeing my hubby knowing you won't see yours for so long. Your family is amazing!!

i don't think i'll go to another board when/if i get preggy again. i don't need another group of girls.

I joined the June one when I got preggy. I feel like I go on about pregnancy stuff too much here sometimes :blush: I STILL LOVE YOU GIRLS!

Omg I'm going to book tickets to take Toby to see Justin Fletcher. I'm not sure if I'm excited or dreading it, but it's at Bluewater which is only about 2 miles from my house so I can't not really. I'm not even sure what it is- Justin and friends? mr tumble? Robert & little monster? Mr Maker? Nina maybe? I'm sure he'll enjoy it anyways.

Same here dana! :) you girls help with everything. An sounds sad but its like were all friends lol.

aww mushy :hugs: ;), i love this thread too! think it's cost we've known each other so long now and we're really quite a small group now. Whereas although i'm part of the july thread i don't know them on fb, there's loads of people still (not had the drop outs once baby arrives yet!) and don't know their real names :). Its just a bit like our original april mummys thread started with millions of posters!

finally started the baby's mural :), pooh, tigger and kanga are nearly on the wall! piglet, eeyore and roo are just line drawings ready to be painted. the baby's new carpet is being fitted on thurs though so i'd like it done for then, just incase i have any accidents!

oooh and alex finally seems better, although he must have poo#ed overnight so now has a super sore bum, despite us keeping it lovely all week :dohh:

Aw can't wait to see the finished mural!

I'm a bit baffled about Toby's toilet habits. Well... His reluctance to go, mainly.
He refuses to wear nappies and will only wear pull-ups which is fine but they don't absorb much. He knows this so he's been holding his pee in. It's gotten so bad that yesterday he woke up from his nap screaming. I assume he was either in pain from holding it too long or he woke up because he felt himself going and was screaming because he didn't want to pee. I got him out of the car, stripped him off and within 20 minutes he'd done 3 FULL wees on the floor.

I feel so bad for him. He asks for a potty but even though I see him trying to go, for some reason he just can't go on the potty. He will only go in the bath, on the floor or in a pull-up if he's got no other choice but he fights it and gets so distressed. I'm not sure where to go from here. I hate seeing him like it and want to transition back to nappies at least for a while because he doesn't seem ready, psychologically, to potty train... But he won't keep a nappy on. :(

kids don't like the sensation of things falling away from them. maybe try a diaper on the potty (not on him, just tape it to the potty) so he gets used to the idea

I would let him go in the tub then. I know it isn't a very good habit but if that is the best way for him then I guess let him. If he won't use a diaper don't force him. My little brother just up and decided not to wear diapers anymore and he went naked. It took a couple days of going on the floor but he quickly adjusted and made the transition to little potty. Good luck!!

Thanks! I think it's probably the best way- just let him do what's comfortable and he'll adapt in his own time.
I'm not sure it's the feeling of it coming out/away from him that's the issue because he's fine peeing on the floor lol... It fascinates him watching it :haha:

Sounds like that might be what he needs to understand the process.
Rosie has been out of pull ups for a week now. Except for bed time. She went 2 days without an accident but had one this morning because she couldn't get her pants down in time. It happened in the bath room and she screamed. Poor thing. Besides that she is doing really good. She asked for a pull up on today... well cried and I asked her if undies would be OK since she didn't have any on at the time. She was very happy for undies.
Tuesday morning I will get up and go to work And get to go home after work!!! It will be so much less stressful!
Dh took Rosie for the afternoon but it was kinda an issue. He had told me earlier in the week he was spending today with her but today had different plans. He asked how come I'm always changing plans on him but now that I've calmed down it was just a miscommunication. I'm supposed to go meet with a client today but he has a habit of not calling until much later. I could have kept Rosie and I should have. I'm getting all of our laundry from home washed while I'm staying here. I will probably take most of it home today and put it away if I don't hear about work soon.

Happy mothers day us ladies!

Omg im full of a cold again!! Only had one like a week or 2 ago. Feel like crap lol.

Ah well I can start bidding on housew now I have a reference number. Im in the second highest priority band too so should get one pretty quick.

And driving, been told to hammer my theory so I can do it ASAP. So hopefully ill pass soon.

Oh and the bf has told me he loves me and ollie :3

My life is finally getting on track again lol!

Happy mothers' day for yesterday, US girlies! :) Hope you all got pampered.

Glad to hear things are looking good for you, Gem.

I am not Rex's friend today! He decided it would be great fun to be wide awake between 12.30-4.30am. Fab! I got an hour or so before he woke up & 3 hours after that. I can't function today. I neeeeed more sleep than that!!! I have no idea what was wrong either. All his teeth are through now & he hadn't napped yesterday & usually that makes him sleep better. He's bright & breezey today & I feel like death! Seriously regretting last week's decision to put half caffeinated & half decaf beans in my coffee machine in preparation for weaning myself off caffeine again for TTC. Could do with full strength caffeine today :haha:

Oh no! Twice as many cups of coffee might be a good start lol

I got Toby a new pillow and duvet set yesterday. It's Cars (movie) themed... He LOVED it... And then bed time came. DH did lights out and as soon as Toby was tucked in he had a major freak out about his bedding and wouldn't settle without me there. So I pretty much sat on the floor and cuddled him to sleep.

FYI if you're ever pregnant with twins, don't sit on the floor. Especially if you then have to get up off the floor while holding a sleeping two year old :haha:

Aww Cottles! I don't think I could ever carry twins! I'm so big with a singleton bump! I am also having a hard time moving/getting up. My stomach muscles on the right side are still sore. I can't lift anything and getting up from the floor is nearing impossible.

HELP ME!! The people I'm house sitting for are stranded in China! For "what could be months" and they are trying to find someone to take over house sitting but sounds like I could be here a couple more days! I miss home. That also means I would have to drive back home tonight to get my dogs because Dh is leaving Tuesday morning. I can't keep staying here. Ndjsksnrbducijfnrnfiskaj

funny you should say that about standing up from being on the floor - I've felt a few times in the last month or so that I'm going to wake pickle up by standing up, because my joints creak and crack so loudly :o :D

ah the joys of being 37 :D

I bought Rex a Cars bedding set too, Katherine. Did you get it in Asda? I haven't dared put it on yet cos he's still getting used to his bed, so have just been washing his Thomas set & getting it back on within a day. He's so obsessed with his 'Turtur (translation: Thomas the Tank Engine) bed' that I daren't rock the boat with new bedding just yet. Toddlers are so highly strung!

Sam, how on earth do you get stranded somewhere for months on end?! What had happened?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->