April Mummies 2011

Riri, not overreacting at all... Id be so pissed!
Me and DH have an agreement that if one is dealing with a tantrum the other backs off and stays away unless the dealing parent asks for help or tags out. That way neither of us feel belittled or undermined in front of Toby. if DH came barging in when I'm dealing with a tantrum I'd feel a bit like he was showing Toby that I wasn't as strong an authorative figure as he is and thst mummy and daddy dont work as a team, which could lead to Toby playing up or taking advantage of that.

In baby news... I had another false start last night after dtd and the contractions have flipped twin 1 head down. My heads a total mess trying to work out what happens next and my consultant isn't around til Monday so I'm stuck in limbo, prepared for a c section not knowing if I'll be allowed one.

Lilly thats exciting news!

Riri id be pissed at that too... one of the pros of me being a single parent is I dont have to deal with that though lol so will never be in that situation to be able to say what id do.

Oh cottles must be annoying having to wait. I think these babies will be here very soon though! Either that or they're little monkeys already winding thier mummy up with false starts :p

really wanted to take another course from my sociology professor since i loved her so much. the only class she's teaching is, the history of sex. apparently one of the books i need to buy for the course, is the history of the penis.... :dohh: :haha:

what did i get myself into? :rofl:

We have that agreement to cottles but he wasn't listening lol I'm over it this morning ha!

Aww cottles even if one twins flipped and u still want a c section I expect they would give it to u x

skip hop bags have been inTKMaxx the last couple of times I've been in :) definitely worth looking!

I have a mamas & papas one that I picked up from their outlet store and it's bloody ace!

I took a human sexuality class in undergrad and it was awesome!! It was one of the most popular classes on campus and you had to be a senior to get into it! Sounds like you found a great class Dana!

Cottles, wouldn't you prefer to not have a c-section? I would think with twins it would be easier to manage without having just had major surgery. I understand wanting things set though. It's gotta be hard to be ready for a c-section and a set date just to have that pulled out from under you. I'm not sure how things are handled in the us with twins but I'm assuming they have automatic c-sections.

Sam, sorry you had that glitch in your plans! I hope they get everything settled. I have to deal with China professionally and it's always a pain!

I'm so excited for you Lilly!

So work is crazy and side business is crazy so I haven't had much time to do anything. Dana, I have the party bag for Abby in my office I just haven't shipped it yet so I didn't forget about her!

We're going to St. Louis to work and visit friends this weekend. We'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon. Isis has her 24 month appt tomorrow too. I can't wait to see what her stats are!

I'd love to learn the history of the penis.... I can't believe there's a whole book on it.

I would love to not have a c section IF I knew that both babies would come out ok. My biggest fear is giving birth to one naturally and then needing an emergency cesarean for the second. Emergency sections are notoriously more difficult for the body to recover from because the uterus is also recovering from labour as well as being cut open so it takes longer to heal. At this rate I will need to be induced, I will have to have an epidural and Ernie is still breech. All of those things increase the chances of intervention/cesarean.

I narrowly avoided a c action with Toby after he got distressed because after every push he seemed to go backwards up the birth canal and I had to be cut to get him out. If i have an episiotomy, go through labour THEN have an emcs it's gonna be a lot harder to cope after and may not be the safest option for twin
2. If twin 2 was also head down, I'd probably feel differently but as he's not budged or even attempted to turn during the pregnancy, I doubt hd'll turn in labour.

Also, with only 2 weeks to go I've mentally prepared myself for cesarean. Ive got a birth plan, I've got my bag packed and in the car, I've got my support and help lined up... I'm a bit of an anxiety sufferer and I don't think a fortnight is enough time for me to adapt to a change of plan when I'd want to do a ton of research and planning.

I know it's not ideal and I know a lot of people will criticise me for it but in my gut I feel like I'm doing the right thing and my family are supporting that decision so I won't be alone by any means.

Who knows, if I go into labour naturally, I might heave a last minute change of heart but as of right now I feel like I should stick with what has already been planned.

Sorry for the essay.

I really cant breathe properly and my chest doesn't sound good. Making a weird squeak. Inhaler just isn't helping at all but I really really dont wanna go back to the docs :/ I hate my health lol.

Aw gem, I know you're fed up of docs but maybe it's better to go and get it checked before it gets worse? Either way hope you're ok :hugs:

Oh boy.... I just ordered tickets to see Justin Fletcher. Taking Toby and my nephew. LUCKILY my mum is being dragged along to keep me sane lol

https://www.glowbluewater.co.uk/en/whats%20on/family/2013/july/~/media/Retail/UK/Bluewater%20Glow/Images/Events/2013/SummerEvents/Justin_Home.ashx?mh=289&mw=590

Cottles you shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself, you gotta do what is right for you and your family! :)

i agree with naima, katherine just try and ignore what everyone else thinks! totally can see your reasons for preferring to stay with the csection!

argh, new carpets have gone down in alex's room and baby's room but they must be lower than the old ones so where i painted the brown skirting boards white there's now a brown edge :dohh:...sooo not good needing to gloss again with brand new carpets down :/

Thanks ladies... It's not just the section. Midwife questioned my choice not to breast feed which annoyed me. Cluster feeding two babies while running after a toddler just doesn't make sense to me. And then theres obviously my decision to sleep the twins together in the same cot... Boy, Im on the defensive today... Sorry! haha

Eeek Caro good luck with the gloss... Rather you than me!

ah well shes prob just trying to point out all the benefits and came across kinda pushy? :hugs:. Can see your reasoning behind not bfing too! think bfing one baby without a toddler was tricky in the beginning, let alone two and a toddler! xx

Maybe you should at least try to pump after birth so the babies can get the colostrum.. And maybe if you are up for it to keep pumping so the babies can get breastmilk along with formula?

I think it's a great idea to keep the babies together in a crib! :)

I tried pumping for Toby but my boobs had none of it, I don't know why. I feel like I'm going to be stressing out about enough without worrying about failing to bf/pump. Although I'm totally open to the idea that, when the time comes, it might just feel natural to try and let them latch and see what happens while I'm in hospital and don't have Toby to worry about.

Real quick because I'm running out the door. Katherine :hugs: I wasn't trying to make you defensive. it is your choice I was just being nosey. Sorry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->