April Mummies 2011

And she's still going. Early night for us both I think!!

Ria, have you tried rapid return? I got the idea off that Bedtime Live programme & it's taken a while but Rex is a lot better now. He was horrendous for the first couple of weeks in his bed after the first night when I'm pretty sure he didn't realise he could get out! The first night we used the RR, I spent an hour & half waiting on the landing & put him back to bed 65 times!!! But he then stayed there. Doing it in the middle of the night was tough cos you're just so tired that you'd rather do the easier thing & let them in your bed, but it's worth it in the long run. Most nights we only have to put him back in his bed at bedtime a couple of times & maybe once in the night. A huge improvement! And we're still doing it so maybe one day he'll go to bed first time & sleep through! I suppose when you think how long it took them to sleep soundly in their Moses baskets & cots, it's not surprising that this takes time too.

Rapid return worked for us too!! She used to be a right madam about bedtime but now is, thankfully, a bit easier!!

I've had a shitty few days! Got back from holiday to a few letters. I've got a urine infection so need antibiotics, low iron so need to redo my bloods for ferritin and the possibility of iron tablets. Although every pregnancy this bloody happens so nothing new!!
Then last night I started bleeding, red, went to bed as I panicked and didn't want to face it to be honest!! Woke up this morning and its brown discharge. Midwife told me unless it goes red again, and you get pain, wait til scan on Tuesday. Ill be honest. I know what to expect of a miscarriage and this is nothing like I experienced that time. So not overly concerned. Maybe a hematoma or placenta issue? Either way, I'm taking it easy these next few days as I have been overdoing it recently. Trying to carry suitcases, pick up and play with kids etc. nothing but bloody stress at the moment!!!! Oh and my bmi is slightly above normal (blah blah blah) so have to have a Glucose test at 26 weeks. Bollocks!!

Apart from that I'm great haha!!!

Let me add that babies heartbeat is strong and I've heard it since, I've also heard kicking and movement on the doppler. Just hope it's something like I mentioned above as opposed to something really serious.

Aw hugs jakes.

Yeh we're trying rapid return know it will be worth it i. The end but as u day the middle of the night is a killer!

Thankyou both x

Can't really do much til Tuesday so twiddling my thumbs and googling (why do I do this?!)

On a happier note, anyone subjecting themselves to Eurovision?! Lol!! My niece and nephew are sitting here with me scoring the singers haha

Yes I love eurovison lol. Finland are my favourite so far lol

Hope everything's ok Jakes :hugs:
My family usually have a "Eurovision is an excuse to get pissed" party but it's not happening this year... Not that I could get pished anyway but still.....

I hate Eurovision!!!

:hugs: Rachel. Keeping my fingers crossed for Tuesday for you. Bollocks about the glucose test, I agree.

I'm gonna go in pregnancy no. 2 at least half a stone heavier than I was with Rex so I'll prob be heading for one too. My BMI is in the overweight category but I honestly think BMI is a load of sh*t*!! Think I have to one anyway cos Rex was over 4kg, which is also bollocks cos I had NO other signs of GD at all. I just have big babies. I was a big baby!

I liked Denmark! Although I'm losing the will to live right now... (Georgia)

Sarah that's the thing. My babies are bigger than average too and I was a big baby!! I am 6 foot tall... It doesn't take into account bone/muscle which is bollocks again lol! I have to have a three day high carb diet before the GT test. Ill have to arrange childcare as its 8.45am, jake will have to be at school by then. Even the midwife agreed I'm literally borderline but its protocol as I come under one of the risks. I never had it with the other two as I was literally a few pounds lighter. Grr.

I just had to drink a rancid drink for my gtt and fast for 12 hours!

During my two hour wait in the GTT, I had to sit in a corridor next to a vending machine of chocolate, crisps and fizzy while the ward opposite was being served breakfast. Fasting has never been so cruel lol

In other news I am so done being pregnant. 37 weeks tomorrow. I hurt everywhere, can't feel the babies, I'm puffier than something SERIOUSLY puffy and can barely move. It's ridiculous.

Can you refuse it, Rachel? I remember a mum from one of the baby groups I went to when on mat leave saying that she was a practice nurse & when her MW told her she had to have it, she said that the reasoning behind it was ludicrous & she refused to attend. I think I might be stroppy like that! If I'd had other signs then fair enough but I didn't, ever. Sometimes there is just too much intervention.

Massive :hugs: Katherine. At least it's only 11 days til your section :) & they might decide to make an entrance earlier :)

Jakes I bled red blood quite often fron about 20 weeks plus when I was preggy an all it was was a cervical erosion. Hopefully its the same for you x

Thanks gem I'm thinking something similar x

Cottles I really do feel for you, at that stage where you are so fed up! So so close now, I admire all you twin mummies. Don't know how you do it!

There's a girl in my December group expecting Quads!! Dr gomp I think her username is. Can't imagine four in there!

Sarah. I may refuse if no other dangerous signs as I remember my midwife saying its a choice, or something. Maybe it wasn't regarding the Gt test, but either way I may find out.

This is typical. All my pregnancies have been smooth flowing. The last has given me hell so far! From sickness to infections, bleeding etc. I have always heard the third is the hardest. Lol!!

Jakes I bled red blood quite often fron about 20 weeks plus when I was preggy an all it was was a cervical erosion. Hopefully its the same for you x

I had that with Toby... But from 4 weeks til around 16ish weeks. Then on and off through the rest of 2nd tri whenever I got stressed.

I saw the quad mummy posting her scan pic in the multiples section. I can't even begin to imagine how scary that must be!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->