April Mummies 2011

Katherine tell the midwife to eff off!! Your babies, your choices, your decisions!!!! It's hard enough Lear ing to establish a breastfeeding routine with ONE newborn and no sibling to chase, let alone TWO!! PRops to any mum that can!!

Ill be breastfeeding my third for a similar length I did with Amelia, but I have Jake to play with Amelia so they can keep each other occupied, and he's at school from September, so it should work out ok.

I have my scan on Tuesday! Shitting myself, as usual! Should be used to it by now but still unnerves me each time! Hubby can't come as he's working and cannot get the time off as he's been out of work for a few weeks and has just got on a new job, and mum is having the kids. So I'm going alone. Eek!!

Oh cottles ignore everyone else do whatever the hell you want! You know whats best for you and the kiddies :)

My mums booked me into the docs for next Thursday shes forcing me to go haha. Im sick of the place!

Cottles go with the flow and what is right for you and your family not what everyone else thinks is the 'correct' way! You know best as its your body and your children. Xx

my SIL is in labor and the little mister should be making his appearance soon!

i have to pack and get everything ready to leave this weekend and instead i've been starring at my phone all day waiting for this baby! it's #5 so it should've just slid right out!! :hissy:

Real quick because I'm running out the door. Katherine :hugs: I wasn't trying to make you defensive. it is your choice I was just being nosey. Sorry!

I'm sorry hun, didn't mean to jump on the defensive at you. I don't mind nosy! People asking what my preferences are is totally ok... I get curious too so I totally get that. It's the folk like my midwife who try to steer me against my decision that I take issue with. :hugs:

In all honesty, there's a part of that feels like I'm failing the twins by not attempting natural and that's why I'm quick to defend. I'm trying to keep myself convinced as well as everyone else... But after weighing up the risks, I think I've made the right decision. I just hope my consultant agrees or there'll be fistycuffs on Monday :haha:

Aww Dana, he'll be worth the wait!

Gem, you have to wait a week to see a GP? That sucks..

Katherine, I saw your fb post and panicked a little! I tried to tread lightly knowing that all these are very personal questions. You have very good reasons for all your decisions. And the best part is they are your decisions! Don't let anyone make you second guess your decisions! I totally agree with your reasons. I might come to differentconclusions but I've had different experiences. Enjoy the birth of Bert and Ernie knowing that you are doing the best you can.

Gem, sorry you can't get in any sooner! Man it seems like its just one thing after another.

Isis had her 2 year checkup this afternoon. She's almost 27 pounds (40%) and I think just over 32 inches (60%) but I can't remember the height number. She's doing great with everything! Her dr is referring her to a ped dermatologist to discuss her diaper rash. She's had it off and on her whole life and we just can't figure out what's causing it. I'm really trying to get her potty trained so hopefully that'll help but she's still not quite there. Hopefully the dermatologist can help shed some light on her issue.

Congrats dana! :D x

Yep my gps is terrible. Ive actually been trying to get an appointment since last week cos idk if any of you seen the pic of that bruise on my fb but anyway its not gone yet and theres more appearing on my legs with no injuries so my mum thinks that should be checked too lol. Im not too fussed though but im such a walking disaster!

Ollie fell 2 days ago an bumped his head but its gotten far worse! It was only a bit of an egg but now ita really black too :|

cottles - you're not failing your twins by FFing. It took me a long time after all my BFing problems to realise 1) I'm lucky to have the option of FF and 2) failing them would be me being a crappy Mum because I was stressed and anxious all the time. If FFing meant I was a happy Mummy they would be happy too :)

If I do have a second woe betide any fuckwit that tries to tell me I should be aiming for EBFing because I now know more than most people about hypoplasia and I will shame them :evilwitch:

Danielle, omg I'm reeeeally sorry if you thought the Facebook thing was in any way a dig at you. It wasn't at all. I've spent the past week answering to healthcare "professionals" and having my choices looked down upon. Even DH has been looked at like a quack for his decision not to cut the cords. (the way he sees it, I've spent 9 months growing and nurturing the babies and he doesn't want to be the person severing the connection between us... And also "there's a room full of medical people, that's their job" :haha: )

I think questions and discussions are perfectly fine as long as everyone's respectful of others opinions... So yeah. Ask away!

Gertrude, I remember what you went through when you couldn't BF and remember feeling terrible for you but at the same time thinking "there's no shame in ff, it's not the end of the world" but I'm now realising that the pressure you can put on yourself and society can put on you makes it that much harder to move forward without feeling guilty and almost like you're failing somehow. It takes that lightbulb to go on in your head to realise that happy mummy = happy baby. The rest follows on from that.

I'm feeling a lot more positive today. DH is so supportive... We had a long old chat last night and it's made me feel like we know what we're doing so we're sticking to our guns.

I've written a bloody essay again... Sorry!

Dana, congratulations!!

Gem, I didn't see your bruise but hopefully doc will check that too on Thursday. Get it all seen to in one go.
As for Ollie... A bump that turns into a bruise isnt usually anything to worry about. I panicked the first time Toby got an egg on his head but it started getting much better after the bruising came out. But if you're worried... Back to the doctor! (They'll start charging you rent soon :haha: )

Wow! They're digging at dh about not cutting the cords? My dh didn't want to either, I think his thought was, that's the drs job! But then again my dh is pretty freaked out about little babies so I'm pretty sure he was also afraid something might happen. Oh I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to see these little guys! Oh and ff isn't failing your boys, failing to feed them is :)

Glad you've had a better day today Katherine :)

Gem, hopefully the bruises are nothing!

I'm off to a hen party this Wkend :), hope I can stay up for it!! Xx

Ive took like 6 codine in an hour cos they weren't kicking in quick enough.... but now I feel like im off my fucking face :|

Hi Ladies! I haven't been on much this week b/c i finally started my new job! (Its amazing btw) Ive tried to read through everything so i apoligze if i leave anyone out! :)

:hugs: to you Cottles! I hope you make the best decision for you and your little men! I wouldnt let ANYONE else influence that decision one way or another!:)

Congrats on becoming an Aunt again Dana! Very exciting :)

Good Luck on NTNP Lilly! :)

Have FUN at your party this weekend Caro!! :)

Gem- :hugs: Hope you get to feeling better! I hate going to the doctors too! I pretty much have to be made to go! lol :)

Arrrghhhhhh whhhhhy won't Poppy sleep in her own bed anymore. She was going n through the night and now she wants to sleep in our bed but if she does I get no sleep. So tonight it battle of the wills currently been sat on her bedroom floor for the past 2 hours and before that I've out her back to bed who knows how many times!!! Hubby has learnt from the other day and has kept out of the way but all I can hear is him snoring and I want to wake him up. He actually can't win lol

Oh nooo... Keep at it! Can you maybe let her fall asleep somewhere else then put her in her bed after? I had to start doing that with Toby when he woke in the night... He'd climb into bed with me for a cuddle and within 10 minutes he'd be asleep and I'd put him in his own bed where he'd stay then til morning. I had to stop when I got to the uncomfortable bit of pregnancy though so now he stays in bed with me because DH won't wake up.

Speaking of DH and snoring... Omg it's 2:50am and hubby is snoring SO LOUD I can't sleep through it. In a minute I'm going to shove a toe in his nose. :dohh:

I tried that she wakes every time we move her she's such a light sleeper. She always initially falls asleep on us.
So the battle continued til 3am and she woke at half 6 fresh as a daisy I however look like death lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->