April Mummies 2011

Oh Rachel! I'm so sorry! It sounds like you made the right decision. :hugs::hugs: I can't even imagine what you are going through but like the others I am here to support you and you can message me on FB if you need. I hope tomorrow goes smoothly! I am a geneticist by training so if there is anything I can help with let me know. :hugs:

Thankyou Danielle!

Ill be getting the results back in about a week and they will tell me if there is a relation to my other MMC and what that may mean. Even the consultant said, at my age and with two healthy children the odds SHOULD be really low like 1 in 25,000 or something ridiculously high. They also said it doesn't mean it'll happen again but ill be honest, I think I'll prevent any future pregnancies for now. Way too much heartache experienced and my two are a handful at the mo.
Ill let you all know how tomorrow goes. I've had a stinking sinus headache for past 5 hours, and I'm going to shoot to the supermarket for some magazines ahead of tomorrow. Xx

Ohh im so sorry Rachel! We're def all here for you. I wish i had more words to ease you pain though :( Just know I will be thinking about you and your family tomorrow and the days to come!

Hi girls, back from hospital now.

Got there at 7am and they had NO bed!! So I had to hang around for 5 hours with a magazine, it was so so tedious but I made a new friend lol!! She's a nurse and is on the managing board at a university I wish to apply to, to do my nursing degree. She's given me her name and will be my first port of call! She'll do my interview! So strange, but it's who you know!

Had the procedure at 1.30, and was waking up in recovery around 2.25pm. It all went smoothly and my consultant was so supportive and backed me 100%. She said she had done plenty of these procedures for medical reasons and exclaimed that there is a very high possibility the baby had a disorder/stndrome and that my body had been threatening miscarriage. So it would've happens naturally if I hadn't haveade that decision. So it's taken alot of weight of my shoulders knowing I did the right thing.

I was worried about te anaesthetic as its been a while since my last operation but he said to me " you'll feel a tingle in your arm". Well I didn't but I did get pins and needles in my face and I murmured something like "sorry if I snore" (lol!!) then woke up. Simple procedure.

In a bit of pain now, but nothing Nurofen won't touch! Feel more positive today. I'm going to do my nursing degree then maybe decide after if we wish to try for another then. So a few more years. It's highly unlikely the same will happen again, as I have two healthy kids.

Sorry for the essay !! I've been stuck in a hospital with no-one to chat to for ages!! DH couldn't come as he was watching te kids and mum was working so went alone.

On a positive note, another friend of mine is in labour with twins!! She is 8cm and having two girls!

So happy to hear everything went smoothly!! And it always helps to have reassuring people caring for you and letting you know you did the best thing
:flower:

Thanks Sam :) the doctors and nurses are fab at my local hospital. Can't fault them.

Glad to hear that everything went smoothly, Rachel. Huge :hugs: Hope your recovery is speedy & painless xxx

:hugs: Rachel, glad all went well today. Take your time to recover.

Hope you have exciting news re. your friend soon! xx

Glad it went well hun. Are u going to do general nursing Rachel? If u want to know anything nurse/Uni related feel free to ask :) x

Yes, adult nursing in particular :) Originally, wanted to go down the Midwifery route or Paediatric but ill cross that bridge when I come to it! It'll be hard work trying to study especially with young kids, but worth it!

My friend had her baby girls! Both absolutely gorgeous, don't know weights yet. Can't imagine pushing two out, one after the other!!

Glad it went ok Rachel, was thinking about you x

Oh and congrats to your friend :)

Umm ladies im confused. I did a test this morning.... positive. Then by about 6pm I started bleeding and its getting heavier and heavier and more painful... I dont want my mum to find out though so I dont really know what to do? I have a doc appointment tomorrow anyway for my chest so think ill be ok just mentioning it there or should I get seen sooner? I have a pic of the test but dunno how to upload it?

Glad to hear today went as well as possible Rachel x have been thinking about you all day

Gem, I'd wait to see what the bleeding did. How overdue were you? When was your last period?

Gem, it could be whats called a chemical pregnancy hun, where you get a positive test but with a very early loss, ie within a day or so of the expected pregnancy. Or if the bleeding settles it might just be early spotting. Wait and see what happens and speak to the Dr tomorrow :hugs:

Congrats to your friend Rachel! xx

Im not supposed to have periods cos im on contraception implant. Before that I was on the mini pill though an bled for 3 months which stopped last month. The bleeding hasnt stopped yet. It was definitely positive though like the clearest line ever.

If it isn't too painful or filling a pad in an hour then wait til tomorrow as they can't do much to help. Hope you're OK gem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->