April Mummies 2011

I co slept when Amelia was a baby and when she woke in the night.

Glad your thinking positive gem xx

oooh Wednesday is soooo soon Katherine!!

I've never heard the co-sleeping thing either :/...and err work for social services (though aren't a social worker). I know it's not advised in newborns (although I've def done it some nights) but didn't realise they investigated for it! how odd. Many many kids crawl into beds with there parents!

Glad you're way more positive gem x

on a different note, omg I think i'm being attacked from the inside tonight...baby is going crazy!

Gem- I don't think there are any rules here in the US. I co-slept with Josie from day one basically. They give advise, like if you smoke or take sleeping pills or other mood altering drugs you shouldn't be and what not. So, I don't know why people are getting involved. Things must be different in the Uk. I'm glad you are doing better, and I hope you can find someone to talk to. I know you can talk on here but having someone IRL you can talk to is much better.

I've never heard of it being investigated. I used to sneak into my mum and dads bed til I was 7 lol
Poppy when unwell or refusing to go back to sleep has come into my bed for cuddles once she's asleep I put her back in her own bed so she learnt that that's where she sleeps/wakes up x

Boo, think this TWW is a pointless one, feel like AF is gearing up to arrive on time. Onto another month *sigh*

It was so easy the first time, come on body :(

Are you showing any signs of spotting or bleeding Gertrude? When I got my bfp, I was having the WORST AF pains and I NEVER get period pain! Even when I got my bfp it was still hurting for weeks. So you never know!

I'm kinda scared of having another after what I just went through but in trying to think of the chances of it happening again; very slim. Still paranoid. Ill be 30 when we try again, so scared!

Woah! Missed so much!

Gem: :hugs: Really hope you doing OK now hun, take care of yourself! We are always here for you! :) Ohh and im not sure about the co-sleeping, we've done it w/ both girls and i work in Social Services and never heard of investigating for that, but that's in the US of course.

Sam: Im so sorry to hear about what your going through! Im here if you ever needed to vent, you can also message me on FB! BIG :hugs: sent your way!

Cottles: Your so close! Cant wait to here about Bert and Ernie's arrival!! Hope your delivery goes smoothly!

Gertrude: Your not out yet! I remember havin horrible AF pains before i got my BFP!! (Seems ages ago though):haha:

:hugs: Jakes!! I can relate, I had a loss like that when I was very young and till this day its always in the back of my mind. (I don't talk about it a lot! But I love you girls!) It was a big conversation when me a DH decided to have kids b/c i was SO scared it was going to happen again, but every child here on this earth or in Heaven is a gift and never forgotten....That's how i see it anyways! :)

Emmys firstly, I am so so sorry you had a similar situation. My heart goes out to you. I don't think I'll be talking very openly about it, only have to you girls and close friends/family.

Thankyou for your kind words, ill never forget my two angels. I do realise how lucky I am to have fallen pregnant with all my children.

I've had a crappy day. Been stuck indoors, kids going bonkers. Have no energy to even make a drink. Not for any real reason, just feel blaaaaah! Tomorrow I may go find a river and we will use our nets to "catch" fish.

:hugs: Rachel. I hope tomorrow is better for you! def try and get out. We took alex to feed the ducks tonight, best decision ever!

in fact its sooo bad I needed my mum to show me where the local playground is and duck pond :blush:, we've been out exploring our new area but I just couldn't find them! turns out its really quite simple and close :haha:...least we now know!

xxx

Oh turns out they just wanted to come an see what sleeping arrangements were an to check ollie actually owns his own bed lol :s which he does ofc. But yeah waiting for a call tomorrow but the woman saidI sshouldn't need to be seen again.

Gertrude, gl! You might be wrong ;)

Jakes, youre bound to be scared its only natural. You really are a brave woman though.

Ive been to Skipton castle today for something to do. Apparently the first thing I said when I come round the other day was I wanted to see a castle so my dad made it happen lol. Simple day out but made me feel really really good. :) ollies been spoilt too lol.

Gertrude, I agree with what others have said. When I was pg with Rex, I had period cramps & continued to have them for the first few weeks. I was convinced I was out too but when no AF showed up, I tested & BFP! Don't give up!

I'm not surprised you're feeling 'blaaaa', Rachel. You take it easy. You've been through a lot, you need recovery time.

We're at my friend's wedding tomorrow. Can't wait! Plus, Rex is off to MIL & FIL's for the night so lots of drinks for me & DH! :happydance: Have to make the most of it :haha: Only 9 weeks til TTC now!

Glad to hear you've had a good day, Gem. You should try to get out & about every day. It deffo helps me feel better & Rex never seems such a handful when we're out.

Caro, we took Toby to feed the ducks yesterday. So fun! He finds geese hilarious, strange child.

Gertrude... Good luck! You never know!

Gem, sounds like you've had a good day. Glad to hear you're bring more positive and your dads looking after you :)

I have my anaesthetist appointment tomorrow. Nerves are starting to kick in now. Not sure how I'm going to cope with the anxiety over the next couple of days. It'll be a challenge for sure.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to get out tomorrow but the bleeding seems worse at the moment! You know when you have baby and its ridiculous for a few days? Yeah, that!

Katherine good luck with the next few days, is DH coming with you to the anaesthetist appointment? Or anyone else? It's good to have lots of support even for the smallest of things, I can only imagine how overwhelming it may feel right now?

My friend who had her twins , she's back home now and they are thriving! They wake every 3-4 hours at night which I think is bloody good!! Amelia was every god damn hour; I could never have survived if there were two of her!! She's an exception for sure :)

Rachel that sucks, I'm sorry you're suffering. Apart from the bleeding how are you feeling?

DH will be at the appointment tomorrow yeah. Mums watching Toby then MIL is staying overnight so DH and I can get to the hospital without having to disturb Toby in the morning. We're lucky that we have a lot of people wanting to help us out and this time I'm accepting every offer! I was so stubborn last time that i ended up with PND from taking on too much on my own.

Omg I can settle for every 3-4 hours! I wake up more often than that now!

Sounds like everyone had a good bank holiday. Ours was pretty boring although it wasnt really feel like I've wasted it a bit but we to went to the duck pond I'm really lucky it's pretty much at the end of the road :)
I'm off work next week yey and have lots planned wooop

Man alive I'm tired today. I could sleep for a month :(

Bank holiday weekend was lovely but it seems a dim and distant blur now - have a major meeting this afternoon and not a clue what I'm going to do for it.

I'm due on on Friday I reckon, so we'll see. I'm so unconvinced this is my month I'm not going to bother testing until a couple of days after AF is due - I suspect she'll arrive bang on time though.

still keeping my fx'ed for you Gertrude!

Katherine, good luck today hun. :D

Rachel, hope the bleeding settles soon! its horrid the amount you lose straight after birth :(

afm got the day to myself today :D, feeling kinda tired so think just going to quietly get on with hopefully practically finishing alex's mural :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->