April Mummies 2011

Ohhhh Gertrude I wanna come hug you lol. I hope your dad is ok... must be hard to watch. And the pregnancy thing is bound to happen at some point! -hug- x

Ahh I went to college the other day to see about doing full time a levels. The woman wasso mean aha! She actually said 'yes we do offer that... but not for you' was a total wtf moment!
Turns out for that college if youre over 19 you cant study full time. Need to do evening courses, individually.... at 300 quid per course!!!

Need to wait till july for open evening in a different college so ill do that and in the mean time im applying for work. Need something to get a routine on the go again!

:hugs: Gertrude, have you tried preseed? took 6 mths to get alex for me and the first month we used preseed bam bfp, then this time we didn't seriously try until the month I got my bfp and again used preseed! plus its quite nice to use :blush:

Rachel i'll pm you!! think you're all out of school holidays now before this baby is due (least it better be here before the summer hols :haha:) but i'd totally be up for a visit/meet up once we've had time to settle into life again with a 2nd :). sorry about your dilemma re. ttc, its so hard to know the right time!

gem, that sucks! can't believe they don't support people who wanna make a career for themselves but are over 19, ridiculous! can you not ring the college sooner to ask?

Sam, hope you and DH are getting on a little better hun.

had my 34 wk apt today, all looks good for baby :), except s/he twisted back to back after the midwife checked position....it had better not do that before birth again, however is scarily similar to how alex laid so no doubt I might have to do another back to back birth :dohh:, least I know I can do it this time ;) xx

Omg Caro, you do not want another back to back!!!! I feel your pain, Amelia was "sunny side up" and the labour was agony!! I didn't even realise until her head popped out and she was facing the wrong way lol!!
Yes! I would love to meet up when baby is here and settled!! That means I get cuddles too...and the baby will haha!

Gertrude the Trisomy shouldn't have an effect but the odds will slightly differ but it's ridiculous, like, 1%. If it happened again that would be bloody bad luck. Or someone has a voodoo doll of me.

Gem, it's so expensive for college once your a "mature" student! I'm hoping to get funding for my degree. I can't wait!

I have sunstroke. Well, I probably don't, but I DO literally feel like the sun has stroked me too much today....sounds interesting.

Is anyone else finding themselves just constantly chasing their kid? Amelia is VERY good and will go in the pram but when she isn't in it, she doesn't do walking. Oh hell, no! Walking is for wimps. She bloody bolts everywhere!! Teaching her road safety as the school run crosses a couple of busy roads, she is so headstrong she ignores me. (Partly being a two year old who had found her feet, I know, I know) but so fucking frustrating! We lock horns about everything!

Caro hope the baby changes position. Cant believe how farr gone you are!

Oh an ive already been to the other college to ask... they had no info whatsoever lol told meto go back on the open day thing... an I got expelled from the other college round here so cant go back there lol!

Jakes good luck getting the funding thatd be fantastic if you get it :)

Gertrude, :hugs: I totally understand where you are! Seeing the decline of my mil was gut and heart-wrenching! A 64 year old woman who should still be in her prime taken by brain cancer. It was the worst thing I have ever experienced! I wish you all the best with TTC! I hope next month is yours!

Rachel, Isis is also terrible with walking not running and of course she's independent and strong-willed! She's having a few more accidents than Amelia but I'm not too worried. We took her to town (40 minutes away) to run errands and eat lunch and she didn't have a single accident! Even napping on the way home she was dry! But of course she's struggling with bm's.

Sam, sorry about your dh! I wish he was more helpful!

Gem, I don't understand why the universities won't let you take classes just because of your age! Around here you could go to community college and take full time classes.

Well I talked to dh in a reasonable fashion and we determined that right now we can't afford to get the ducks. So I'm going to wait until next year. We're going to get them for Isis for her third birthday :) I can't wait to have a flock of duckies following us around the yard!

Hugs to all who need them!
I'm in holiday this week so taking poppy and my nephew to Bognor butlins for the day. Hopefully they will enjoy it all x

Danielle, a flock of ducks running around would be so cute! That's a good ideas waiting til Isis' birthday!

Rachel of course you can have cuddles :D. I didn't know alex was back to back either until he popped out looking at me :rofl:, the midwife said she thought he was the right way round but it was difficult to tell. Thing is if she'd recognised it they'd have told me to go to hospital as '1st time mums generally can't birth back to back babies' :smug::haha:.

re. the walking thing, alex is getting better. I've used reins with him though and the deal now is if he doesn't behave he goes on the reins, if he behaves and walks nicely, plus stops when I say so he doesn't. That of I make him hold my hand (ok more that I grip his arm..pretty hard at times... but imo better that than him getting squashed by a car!). Only problem comes when he has a tantrum and refuses to walk on the reins, just hangs :/, then I guess the buggy has to come back! I've not bought a double pushchair or buggy board, hoping to wear the new baby and alex in the buggy, or alex can walk...will see how it goes though! might do an emergency purchase, hehe!

have a lovely holiday ria! def the weather for butlins!!

Danielle, ducks sound cute when you can afford them! bet isis will love chasing them ;)

gem, that so sucks about the colleages! doesn't help you get up the ladder as it were :(, hope you find someone to help xx

Caro we survived without a double :) I had Amelia in a Moby for a while, but the maclaren we already had, was suitable for a newborn, it also had a support so was suitable. She often lay in there and Jake would go on the buggy board. I found it a pain in the arse though, as it stuck out that bit too much, I'm tall with size 9 feet, so would be forever stubbing my toe, and stopping over jake. I have it here. Not sure whether to sell or use again with our third.
I did have moments where I wished I had a double but that was usually on days out.

Katherine, what do you have? A double? A triple?! I saw a triple pram the other day, so wide!! I felt for the mum as no one held open doors for her!!! Mostly men grr.

I'm done today. Took Amelia to playgroup. She did nothing but moan and hide behind my legs. She's NEVER like that! She wAs so grumpy! Hadn't been for. Few weeks so wondering its because of that? Wouldn't even talk to her little friends!! Mind she is teething five teeth, all her last ones, so she maybe been in pain. Can't wait til she can PROPERLYcommunicate! She is doing exceptionally well, but my god, she will throw a fit!!

She's meant to be napping now but I can hear her singing the alphabet. I need a coffee.

:hugs: Rachel, hopefully she napped for you in the end!!

I think the buggy board would irritate me too, i'm tall as well 5ft 9, and have size 8 feet, so not far off you, and already sometimes feel like i'm stooping over the pushchair. Our McLaren isn't suitable for newborns though, and my travel system is a proper pram until you can switch to the pushchair, so if its set up for new baby then alex won't be able to go in it. think i'll wear baby (I've bought a moby) and use McLaren when alex is around, then on the days its just me and baby can use my proper pram. Will just see how is goes :D.

Just had the health visitor out for the new baby, thankfully she's 100x nicer and seems better than my old one :D, though that wasn't hard, the old one was a bit of a dinosaur!! :haha:. She suggested I take Alex to a speech and language drop in session and just see what they say :)

Oh that sounds interesting Caro regarding the speech therapy. They are very fun, they turn it into games yet the kids still learn. How is his speech? Does he say words? I know it sounds silly asking but Jake went to speech therapy he was 2.5, and was saying singular words but not much else. Yet understood alot.

he's saying lots of single words now, but not often stringing many together, he'll often put things like 'my hammer' together but its usually only 'my...', he's a little lazy I think and generally 2 words together is his max. Plus he'll not finish the word even with correction, so bird is still 'bir', or he'll not start the word correctly, hammer is 'gamma', doggie is 'goggie', dummy is 'gummy' etc. Still not overly concerned but he's def behind his friends now in the speech area, and like Jake his understanding is fine, follows quite complex instructions. Physically he's ahead of a lot of other kids so i'm sure speech will catch up in time but it might not hurt to have a little help ;).

And I say all that and he's just given me a squashed blueberry saying 'my broke it' :haha:, you watch i'll take him along and he'll say way more than normal and make me look stupid :haha:

Quick post because my mums over so I've snuck off for 5 minutes haha

Buggy wise, we have an iCandy pear with the double extension and car seat fittings so the twins go in that. I won't really be going many places on my own so it's more than ideal for us. Toby is pretty good at walking so I don't want to invest in a triple buggy for the sake of a few months then have to get a double further down the line so he has very little choice in whether he walks or not... And luckily walking is his preference and he rarely misbehaves. If he starts to run off then we make a game of it. When he gets too far, we shout STOP and ask him to do something like a star jump or pirate pose or something then when we're close enough we tell him to carry on walking. He also tells me and DH off if we're not all holding hands in car parks or crossing roads :haha:

As for speech, I often wonder if maybe he's a bit behind but I figure he'll catch up soon enough. Is that sort of thing checked at his 2yr check up or not?

yay for getting 5mins peace Katherine :D, think we'll manage the buggy in a similar way! re. speech, yeah think they'll ask about it at the check but they don't do it until about 2.5yrs here so a while off yet :) xx

Caro he sounds fine to me! Amelia doesn't pronounce everything properly either, but she tries. Thing is if I don't hear her the first time, she screams it at me! Bloody foghorn, she is!!
Katherine good to hear from you, I still can't believe you have had twins!! Amazing :)

The check here is at 27 months but now it has been referred to nurseries/preschools to do. Instead of a HV.

Caro Alex sounds fine to me too.

Aleena still does the same too, although she is pronouncing better and better.. and she will repeat the right pronunciation after we say it, but then goes on saying it her way again.
She's saying 2 word sentences mainly and 3 word sentences, but not often.

Every kid is different :)

abby's favorite saying is "what's that"....i'd kill for an occasional "why"..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->