April Mummies 2011

abby's favorite saying is "what's that"....i'd kill for an occasional "why"..

:rofl:

Thanks ladies, good to hear you think he's fine :D, he doesn't pronounce it correctly even if we say it though. Prob just stubborn ;) xx

Yeah, they do ask about speech at the 2 yr assessment. But not in much detail tbh. Just 'can he say 2-3 words at a time?' etc. I think Rex is doing pretty well speech wise. We get up to 5 word sentences now, occasionally longer, but it was honestly just a massive language explosion. Probably why his sleeping has been so bad :dohh:

Dana, I too am sick of hearing 'what's that'! Along with 'what you doing, mummy?' or 'where's daddy gone?' Argh! And soon the 'why?'s will begin! Oh no! But I guess I should be happy that he's inquisitive :)

Glad to see you keep popping on, Katherine. Sounds like you are doing great - taking it all in your stride :thumbup: Hope your recovery is going ok.

Ollie is behind on speech I think. Then again he can say loads but only when he feels like. He talks like gibberish most the time tbh.
He mainly only says one word at a time unless its like 'I did it' or his new fave 'where gandad?' He idolises my dad lol.

Hes not growing either lol :s hes STILL in 9-12m clothes and weighs like 22lb ish. In fact a pair of 9-12m shorts actually kept falling down on him today!
What sizes everyone's LOs in now? Am I right to worry about ollie?

Rosie is nonstop with what's that, where did <whoever> go and why. But answering doesn't help. she repeats and repeats the question. I try to tell her a different answer but where did the chipmunks go while watching the movie only has so many answers.
Gem Rosie is wearing 2t but can fit a good amount of her 18m pants. She is almost 27 lbs.
I'm not planning on a double stroller unless I can score the double jogger. But non worries if I don't. Rosie walks well and the baby will be worn if Rosie needs in the stroller. Plus I have the frame that the car seat attaches to and a jogger and an umbrella stroller so if I ever needed both in a stroller (keep in kind Rosie hates them) then surely I will have someone else to help push one.
Rosie fell down my BILs stairs today. Very luck since she stopped half way down and was OK but I started running down the stairs to catch her and really injured my round ligaments. Think I may even have pulled the other side. It ducks. I'm in so much pain.

oh no Sam :hugs: hopet he pain settles soon :(. Glad rosie is ok though!

My friend with her son who kept asking the same Q now answers it a couple times and then repeats the Q back to him, seems to stop him and make him think for a minute, though within a few mins he's asking about either the same thing or something else ;).

Gem, alex is wearing 2-3 in tops and 12-18mths in bottoms. He's tall for his age though. Waist wise he could still easily wear the smaller clothes, he has to have adjustable waists or they just fall down. I don't know what he weighs exactly but i'd guess its a good 28lb now, think he was 12.4kg last time I put him on the scales, which is just over 27lb.

Right i'm going for a nap, only 10am but feel kinda fuzzy in the head today. Just had british gas out again to fix the heating (this time it wouldn't turn off), turns out a motor had gone in the pump :dohh: so now I can relax for the day as alex is at nursery :D xx

Enjoy the peace and quiet Caro! Sam hope you aren't in too much pain with your ligaments :(

I have found it really hard to get up in the mornings this week, think its because I was so used to lying in the last school half term!

Amelia is in 2-3 tops and 18-24 month trousers although she's more 2-3 now get she is dinky ?! Jake was so stocky at this age, but he was a heavier baby, I don't understand where her shortness comes from?! Haha we are all tall?

:rofl: Rachel, I reckon kids clothing is generally just dodgy sizes :D.

I slept for 2 hours this morning :blush:, am thinking I must have needed it or it wouldn't have happened ;), feel like I kinda wasted my alex free day though :dohh:. Managed to get out and clean the inside of our smaller car this afternoon though but ought to do the other one too, just not sure I can face it, its a gorgeous day but a tad warm to be cleaning cars!

Hope everyone in the uk is enjoying the sun xx

Aleena is in 2T shirts and 18-24month pants :)

I think she's about 25 lbs, but she's grown in height a lot lately.

Poppy is between 18-24 and 2-3 but depending on shop can still fit in to the occasional 12-18.

Ladies all your kids speech is fine. Trust me you don't want a fully conversational argumentative stubborn child. Poppy can tell me exactly what she wants needs etc it doesn't make thing easier in my opinion it makes it worse coz if I don't want her to have it I never hear the end of it. Lol.
That said it is nice to have a full conversation with her x

:haha: Ria, true, however at least you know why she's going on and on, just cos he doesn't tell me doesn't mean I never hear the end of it, I just don't always know what it is that's he's so bothered about :dohh:, or I totally do know just he hasn't actually spoken the words ;)

Home alone tonight, kinda nice, tv to myself, alex in bed, had cereal for dinner (lazy I know) and just chilling :D

Rex is 31.4lb. He stood on our digital scales the other morning when I was getting him dressed so that's why I can be so exact btw! He's in 2-3 tops & a mix of 18-24m & 2-3 bottoms. Think he's gonna have stumpy legs like DH :haha:

Caroline, I am very jealous of your nap & I'm not even pregnant! Def don't feel guilty! Sleep is never a waste imo! :haha: But that's prob cos a rarely get a full night thanks to our incredible non-sleeping child!

Lol poppy doesn't always tell me which is even more frustrating as I know she can haha
Kids ai?!?

Think I should be worried about ollie being so small then? :/ hes been in the same size clothes since last august lol :s

Has he not gained weight at all since August? Might be worth discussing it with the doctor or is he still under the hospital if so then maybe speak to them about it just to put your mind at rest. I'm sure he's fine just dinky. My brother was always small we used to call him titch and now he's 6ft and towers over me lol

Amelia still fits into dresses from last summer, Gem. You'll find this year he will shoot up, a major growth spurt happens between 2 and 3. I remember Jake having one. X

abby still fits in everything from last summer, except her bottoms, but that's just because her legs are long like her momma. they definitely slow down growing. my bank account thanks her, but my shopping addiction is a little bummed *sigh*

Sorry guys...My job has been keeping me busy as we go through a bunch of governmental changes :(

Anyways....Ava is in 2T tops and 24months or 2T pants. She is long and skinny like my oldest was. I also agree with Jakes on the growth spurt between 2 and 3! :)

I need some advice.......
-Me and dh have an anniversary coming up (8 years), but we are very distant with each other right now.....Should i try to plan something or let him? We just seem like room mates instead of husband and wife :( Its pretty sad....we dont even sleep in the same room:cry:

Hug hunny. I feel like that with my oh some times but find talking helps as hard as it is to say how I'm feeling how his actions make me feel etc really help. Maybe plan a nice meal or something so u can spend some time together to talk??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->