April Mummies 2011

:hugs: Emmys... I don't know what to suggest but i I think if you want to mark the occasion then you should plan something rather than expecting him to. Or maybe ask him what he wants to do and make a point of planning it/coming up with ideas together.

oh emmy, i'm sorry! i would suggest doing something just the 2 of you, something to maybe reconnect? DH and i were in a really bad place until we went to the Dells with my family last month. well, that and i started reading raunchy romance novels and started attacking him at night :haha: somehow by dtd 2-3 times a week now (going from once ever couple months at most for the last year or two), we've become much closer. that and we talk. a lot. i tell him how i feel before it builds up and he does the same. honestly, it all stems from actually having a sex life. it started out pretending he was the boy in whatever book i was reading tbh and now i'm mentally actually with him.

hope you guys can work something out. small steps.

Thanks ladies made me feel better about ollies growth :)

Aww emmys. I dont really have much to add to what the others have said but I hope yous get close again! Try something new and get the spark back ;) x

Enjoy your weekends girlies! Lovely weather!

:hugs: Emmy's, I agree with the others, def plan something yourself or you may end up doing nothing and regretting it, takes one person to start the ball rolling to improve things :) xx

eugh, I've kinda been uncomfortable and in slight pain all day, think baby is actually bruising my insides with its movements and then this is causing Braxton hicks, def not contractions just uncomfy :dohh:

:hugs: Emmy's! I agree with what they've all said and I definitely agree with Dana! I've found with DH if we're not having sex then everything feels off. I feel like we're just roommates. I've really been trying to make more of an effort as well.

Sam, I hope your ligament gets better soon!

Isis is speaking in 3-5 word sentences but isn't great with grammar. She says things like mommy hug you, to mean will you hug me. She can generally communicate well but by the time we get home from work she is exhausted and makes me want to drink. She's like Amelia! If I don't get what she's asking in the first try she's throwing a full on fit.

She's for the most part potty trained. She just isn't night-trained but I'm not sure how that will go since she still has a full pee diaper in the morning even if I wake her and take her immediately to the bathroom. I can handle one diaper a day though!

Gem, Isis is wearing 2T tops and was wearing 24 month/2T bottoms but now that she's wearing panties she can't keep up anything bigger than 18 months. I had put away all pants that were smaller than 24 months so now I'm just waiting for summer since we still have the smaller shorts in her drawer. She's around 27 lbs too. She's hasn't gained much in the past 6 months but is still following her percentile.

So all this talk about sex, I'm in the process of ordering DH a fantastic Father's day present :blush:

*wonders what Danielle's Father's Day present is* lol!!

Amelia is completely potty trained , cannot believe it. She did it all herself, I didn't do a thing apart from buy her underwear. My baby is growing up so fast! No accidents for one week, and she wakes up dry in the morning! Jake was alot longer and he had so many accidents at first!

Sorry bit of a proud mummy moment there, but I was DREADING that moment!!! Potty training, I hated it originally haha!

What's everyone up to this weekend? We are going to our nieces party and maybe London for the weekend.

Thanks for all the advice ladies!! So i was thinking about an anniversary gift and i thought about us having some pictures made. We haven't had any just us (kids could come to, but it would mainly be us) Plus..we really didn't have the type of wedding pictures they do now we just had regular camera pictures, not professional ones....Think its a good idea?:shrug:

during the summer i get oober dry feet that end up having little cracks in my callus. recently, being bored i've been picking at the callus like i would a finger and now i'm addicted. anyone else do this? feel super weird and i just had to tell someone :blush:

Lol Dana!! Thanks for sharing! :) I pick at my cuticles, if that makes you feel better. :)

Isis had two accidents today. :( she's still struggling with timing so she'll ask to go potty every 5 minutes and then one of the times she actually goes which is frustrating when you're driving home from a day trip to town and she's exhausted because its 2 hours after nap time.

i definatly know that i'm off school, my feet were great until i started summer break

Go get a pedi! That should help! I barely pay attention to my feet ever.

:haha: Dana.

Danielle, Isis still sounds like she's doing great to me hun!

hope everyones having a nice wkend. We were super busy yesterday, met lots of friends and their kids at a farm, the kids played for hours, then we went to my mums for a bbq and didn't get home until about 8.30, to say alex is tired today is an understatement! glad DH is home to help!!

Good lord! Anyone else's LO becoming a stubborn little git?
I know Toby is adjusting and stuff but wow... He says no to everything (even the stuff he suggested in the first place) and has gone back to having tantrums again after he stopped for a short while. Hoping it's just an adjustment thing and won't last too long but eesh!

i'm sure it's a jealousy thing. my niece is having a hard time adjusting to her new brother, tipping over garbage cans etc. i notice you involve him with the twins which is great! (much better then my SIL who is a know it all and refuses).

Rosie is always saying... well screaming! NO!! To everything. especially after she says she wants it.
I don't get the cracks Dana. But regular pedis help and sleeping with lotion on your feet with socks over

i hate sleeping with socks on, i hate socks period. i live in the wrong environment, i know

gosh I couldn't sleep with socks either! would kick them off for sure after they'd bugged me for ages :haha:

Alex is def going through a 'no' stage too :/...its fun eh?!

Talking of tantrums, me and DH ordered pizza tonight and it arrived quicker than we expected so Alex was still up, therefore gave him a piece. He was being all funny about it being 'hot' and wouldn't try it, therefore DH broke a piece off for him to blow on, well Alex absolutely lost the plot that his pizza was now 'broke' and couldn't be mended :dohh:, we had full on real tears, we tried to convince him it wasn't broken obviously but he was having non of it so eventually I said shall mummy have the broken piece and you have one of mummys? once he had a whole piece again he happily ate it :rofl:...kids are sooo funny sometimes!

I love it when they freak out over the smallest things! :haha: Bless them! I gave Rex a digestive biscuit once that broke in half as it came out of the packet & he had a similar to reaction to Alex with his pizza :) The things that freak toddlers out, eh!? I'm sure one of you girls once posted a link on FB to a blog along the lines of '30 things that makes my 3 yr old freak out' & I remember wetting myself as I read it!!! If anyone knows what I'm on about, please post the link :D It was so funny!

We are having a real issue with Rex coming into our bed at the minute :( We've never co-slept fully, just from the early hours onwards. But he's ending up in with us entry night at the minute. We put him back in bed a few times but he wakes up like 20 mins later & you just get too tired to do rapid return anymore! He's also stealth like & is often climbing into our bed before I know he's awake! No mean feat when you know that we are a floor above him!!! :haha: Whose LOs honestly stay in their bed all night every night? Make me feel better about this please ladies!

Thanks for all the advice ladies!! So i was thinking about an anniversary gift and i thought about us having some pictures made. We haven't had any just us (kids could come to, but it would mainly be us) Plus..we really didn't have the type of wedding pictures they do now we just had regular camera pictures, not professional ones....Think its a good idea?:shrug:
I think that's a lovely idea :)

When there are kids involved and everyone is tired all the time, it's really easy to let our partners slip - and it really does need one of you to kick start it again.

Me and my OH had the tiredness conversation over the weekend. We don't shag often because we're tired which means we don't feel as close etc etc so I pointed out we've been tired for 2 years now, why don't we just accept it and just get on with life ffs. All it needs is for one person to say "I'm shattered" and the other one just gives up.

Since we had the chat guess what, we've both had more energy for everything :dohh: :haha:

We are having a real issue with Rex coming into our bed at the minute :( We've never co-slept fully, just from the early hours onwards. But he's ending up in with us entry night at the minute. We put him back in bed a few times but he wakes up like 20 mins later & you just get too tired to do rapid return anymore! He's also stealth like & is often climbing into our bed before I know he's awake! No mean feat when you know that we are a floor above him!!! :haha: Whose LOs honestly stay in their bed all night every night? Make me feel better about this please ladies!
I'm sorry but pickle does :( But then she doesn't even climb out of her bed unless one of us is with her so we know she's not the norm :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->