April Mummies 2011

Oh dana hope yous work it out. Did he say why or how much he smokes it? Hugggg x

Gl with potty training everyone doing it!

English weather is great atm. Hope everyone is stocked up on suncream! I am but still managed to burn the top of 1 boob lol... just one though :s so now im odd!!!

I agree with sazzler. As long as its not around Josie and not consumed when he is "on child duty" I would be okay. It would have to be smoked outside at all times. Not in the house at all. No smell or nothing. Nada.

Funny you brought that up. My friends bf smokes pot in the house in the living room with his mom and two other flat mates. One of which is "couch guy". She's a month less pregnant than me. I just found out today that she also is occasionally smoking pot. I would be ok with it if she wasn't such a hypocrite about it. She got onto me for literally having at most 4 tastes of wine or beer from other people over the course of this pregnancy.

Idk anymore if our friendship will last. She literally lies to me about everything just to seem like she's "just as good of a parent" as me. And I know it's because she's so miserable with her life but look in the mirror not at me.

In any case- Dana if it upsets you. You say it and you put your foot down. You deserve the respect of having your feelings valdiated. If you feel like that isn't appropriate with Abby and you involved then it needs to be addressed and respectful boundaries and outcomes need to come of it.

DH doesn't smoke anything. He's military but we've already decided when he retires it will be a purely recreational thing to have once in a while as "nice night". He's never smoked at all ever. So retirement will be his first experience lol!!!

i misunderstood his leaving for meaning he even needed to make a choice, he just wanted to end the fight. he said of course there is no choice, it's always abby and me over anything.

i'm worn down, hopefully i can talk about it later as right now i just don't feel like it.

I don't have an issue with pot but I live in the 3rd highest pot producing area in the US/world. It is much more lax here but if you have an issue with it then you do. More so I would have an issue with him hiding it or spending money on it while finances are so tight. :hugs:

When you're starting to potty train it is common to have them go out very 15 minutes. Rosie still has accidents regularly but is starting g to do better at night. She doesn't like to use the potty first thing in the morning but no poo accidents in about 3 months.

I got my stuff from the cabin!!!! Yay!!! They drank my moonshine and collectors Marilyn Monroe wines though and a lot of my art supplies. Also my art portfolio was missing and who knows what else so far. One girl there was all "oh you can just put anything that is in your way on thus bed" and I looked at her and laughed telling her that bed is mine and will be coming with me along with damn near everything else. The look on her face was priceless!!!

Anyone else thinking that Caroline's been very quiet these past couple of days?! :haha: Have you snuck off & had a baby, Caroline?!

So we just had our first marriage councelling and when we got out I was supposed to bring DH to work. I asked if he wanted to stop and get a deli sandwich on his way or if he wanted me to go get him one. He told me to bring him to county mental health so he could talk to someone and if he went to work right now he was gonna screw it up. *sigh* doesn't seem like he thinks today went too well. But it was just the first one.

I have no problem with pot smoking, I am from Holland where it is legal to smoke pot.

I'd rather someone smoke pot than get drunk, but that's just my opinion. :haha:

I don't smoke pot or drink , I don't see the fun in either.

Caroline, did you know that if baby comes on the same day as Kate's then baby gets a present?! A special coin or something! My friend is due on the 18th & someone told her so she looked into it & it's true! How exciting!

Anyone else thinking that Caroline's been very quiet these past couple of days?! :haha: Have you snuck off & had a baby, Caroline?!

Now u mention it!!

Now u mention it!!

Ooohhh! Either that or her computer has melted in the heatwave...

:rofl: nope sorry ladies, still fat and waddling :(...just been melting! so been outside a lot and people have taken pity on us this weekend and we've been offered bbq's :D...who am I to say no to free food and cooked for me ;).

Sarah, yep I saw that too! still in for it atm!

Been offered a sweep tomorrow if I want it...to take or not to take...its still fairly early days and i'd love to go naturally, but its sooo tempting to just try and get this kid out ;)

I'd personally go for it if your not ready then nothing will come of it but obviously it's your choice and you've got to do what's right for u x

Go for it! Like riri says I'd you aren't ready nothing will happen. If anything if could just help get contractions going

They told me to start preparing for another csection at 41 weeks. *sigh* still long and closed. They were going to try a sweep but couldn't get a finger in.

I'd go for it too! It will only kick start things if they are ready to happen anyway. Although, labouring in this heat probably wouldn't be too nice :( But what is worse? Being heavily pregnant or labouring?!

lol not sure sarah, prob labouring in this heat ;). I've got today and tomorrow to myself as its alex's nursery days, quite liking it ;). I'm going to play today by ear I think, see what bp is doing and how low baby is, the last thing I want to happen is be put into latent labour for days on end by just disturbing things but nothing 100% happen!

Got my car valeted this morning while doing the shopping :D, smells and looks lovely now, esp considering I don't think it's had a clean this year :blush:

Sam, as I said on fb, there's plenty of time yet hun! 4wks is ages away. Try and keep positive your body can and will do it :) xxx

Caro definitely see how Bp is first, and also babies position. Ill be honest and say I denied sweeps as it didnt feel natural if you get what I mean?! Latent labour freaked me out! The day after I denied the sweep (much to the midwifed horror) I went into labour! But I was 7 days overdue. I feel so excited for you! I'm kinda looking forward to going through it all again in a year or so. We have decided to try again when Amelia is in her second year at preschool, or hope to have baby just after she settles in Reception at school. That way, ill have 9-3pm with baby and no interruptions!

Rachel 9-3 without other kids around would be amazing!! would seem sooo much easier I reckon than when you had Amelia but still had jake at home to look after!!

I declined the sweep :), decided I didn't fancy going into latent labour or anything, if it was gonna work i'll go in the next few days anyway :). and would really like to experience proper spontaneous labour!

bp was 140/80, slightly higher but nothing concerning. HB in 150's. Bump measuring same as last wk at 37cm but midwife not concerned as baby has dropped a little, now 3/5ths engaged.

only bad thing is its 100% back to back :dohh:...oh well, I've delivered one baby like that i'll do it again if necessary ;) xx

Probs sounds dumb but how exactly do u potty train?! Were having a nappy free day an I say 'ollie do you need a wee?' He said nope then peed on the floor!!
An I cant get him to sit on it either. He just screams no at me :|
Is he just not ready? :/

It might be that hes not ready... if he says he doesnt need to pee and then pees then he might not have enough control yet to try potty training. (Unless he just says no for the sake of it, like when I ask toby if he's pooped and he says no even when he has...)

It might also be that hes unsure of the potty. Toby was a bit freaked out by it to start with so I loaded a bunch of educational apps on my ipad and let him play with it whenever he was sat on the potty. Eventually he weed and thats when we started trying to encourage him to do it more.

I'm pretty annoyed at the moment though because I feel like we're back to square 1. Toby stayed at MILs from sunday evening til this morning. I asked her to give him as much naked time as possible because he will tell you he needs a wee if he hasnt got a nappy on. I also asked her to ask Toby frequently if he needs to go weewee and encourage him to sit on the potty regularly (but put a pull-up on him if he says he needs to poo).
So he came back today and I asked MIL how his potty training went. "Oh, well I got him naked and sat him on it before bath time last night but he didn't wee"
And that was the extent of her effort to potty train.

So he's had 2 full days of NO encouragement or potty training whatsoever. I'm so annoyed. It's not easy trying to potty train a toddler at the same time as doing the 3hr routine with 6 weeks old twins... it took a LOT of effort to get him feeling comfortable with it and now I;ve got to start all over again. FFS.

argh that'd drive me nuts Katherine, so sorry mil just doesn't listen :(

gem, i'd be tempted to say he's not overly ready. Alex def isn't ready yet so we're not going there, he'll sometimes want to sit on the loo so I always let him and encourage him but he'll randomly wee with no warning if we do nappy time off and say no he hasn't poo'ed when he has etc. I just don't think he's got the control nor the interest in training yet. Plus for us now is not a good time ;) xx

I gave up after 5 accidents lol. Didnt go in the potty once. He told me he had to pee twice though... as it was already trickling down his leg :')

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->